It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many loogies would you like with that? "... disgusting food tampering social media trend"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Disgusting. I am a bit phobic about this type of stuff and I'm sure I'm not alone. This will cost loss of sales and prevent people from buying certain items. But some serious consequences should be inflicted on the perps and soon.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.' Albert Einstein.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Disgusting. I am a bit phobic about this type of stuff and I'm sure I'm not alone. This will cost loss of sales and prevent people from buying certain items. But some serious consequences should be inflicted on the perps and soon.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.' Albert Einstein.

The only way to be safe is to make it yourself. Homemade ice cream is pretty darn good (and easy!)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Star from me for asking that question … ugh.

I think in a twisted way it is worth a thread, for my opinion, even as gross as it is. ATS is now not the only place I have heard of this trend from, and it grosses me out.

It is causing me to look over my food more closely when I eat out for fast food. I guess it could happen in fancy places too, but fast food is what I eat more often.

And btw - one reason this is becoming a 'social trend' is that reasonable people no longer get to choose what becomes such a thing. Sadly

edit on 9-7-2019 by Fowlerstoad because: added the last part.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
a reply to: butcherguy

What I find even more perplexing is that the are people who say they'd never do such a thing, but will defend and excuse people who do. Or others who will shift blame away from the perpetrators and to society.

It's a symptom of moral relativism. You hear that sort of thing all the time. It falls under the category of: "I would never personally do it because it's absolutely wrong for me, but who am I to judge what's right and wrong for another person?"

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: incoserv

I agree with markovian, the news reports way to much crap it should keep quiet about. This is one of them. The kid should be punished as well as the parents. I don't think markovian ment skipping punishment just talking Bout the news giving it to much attention.

This is what I ment thank you I was at work so I couldn't respond

People will literally kill for notoriety and you wana put these kids on the news this will only end bad

I'll leave punishment up to the courts but I will say heavy handed punishments that do not fit the crime create more monsters than they kill

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Is everyone really going to act like your fast food working friends in high school didn't spit in people's food? Or worse? I've seen someone pee in a bucket of pickles at Hardee's, wipe their ass with a steak at Golden Corral, spit a loogie in the ice cream machine at Dairy Queen. Those are just people I knew! Another dude, who I didn't know, got caught on camera ejaculating in the gravy at Hardee's. Somebody pooped in the beans at Taco Bell about 20 miles from here. These people would all be 35 to 50 years old now. It has ALWAYS happened, we just didn't have the internet.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

*You* saw all that?! And what did you *do* about it?

If you didn't do anything, then how are you any better?

Btw, no, I didn't have friends who did any of that crap with anyone's food in high school.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Someone needs to remove her licker license.

The sad thing is that her tainted icecream is probably cleaner than anything you get from fast food places.

There have been cases all over here with hep at fast food places.

Just give me a burger, hold the hep and pinworms please.

There needs to be a doc check before foodwork, or no touchy

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
No this is what you get when you turn something stupid that deserves no attention into a national issue

Keep being outraged that really did a good job the first time at stoping attention seeking kids from acting out

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Where do think all the extra flavor comes from.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The problem is that in a complex society, at some point in the chain, even if you cook all your own meals, you have to trust someone else to handle your food.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes it's unfortunate. Im not condoning it, it's scary hence my KFC thread, I rarely eat out to minimise how many people handle my food before I eat it.

Here in oz recently there was a strawberry scare, some assholes decided to stick needles in so e strawberies to get back at the farmer, the news went national overnight and almost decimated the strawberry growers, even though only a few were found or should I say spiked it was a disaster.

There should be harsher penalties for those that tamper with food.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

This just came up on my newsfeed......
Like I said, it happens way more than people know.. gross gross gross!

www.tmj4.com... EbKhDZ2Bc

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Joke’s on them. I already licked the ice cream.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus, Bacillus and Acinetobacter all say hello. They can easily survive on ice cubes and each of them can make a person sick.

People tampering with food need to be dealt with harshly enough that the rest of the idiot Instagram and Youtube influencers seriously reconsider following the trend.

I know I'm checking my foods now. Given that I'm in Canada, I honestly wouldn't really worry about it normally, but the level of stupidity found in the people that shop in our grocery store and the things I've seen them do to food and other goods makes me ultra wary at this point.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

...and did what, exactly??

If nothing...you've issues.

This act, no matter the supposed provocation, is disgusting. It's dangerous to others, god alone knows what those idiots may be carrying--even unknowingly.

Death is a little bit harsh, though under certain circumstances this sort of thing could be a capital offense--attempted murder if knowingly passing, or at the least, attempting to do so, a lethal disease of some sort.

But punishment should be harsh. Jail time, community service, hefty fines.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If you haven't considered this, perhaps you should....

Do you know how many food workers go to work sick just because they can't financially afford to take a day off.

Plenty!!! They handle food all day. Stockers, butchers, deli workers, even the kids sacking your groceries, and last but not least warehouse workers that you never even see.

And even some food is packaged by hand not machine. And are the machines even cleaned properly?

And that little gritty thing you sometimes encounter in your soup or sandwich...what is that?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Do you know how many food workers go to work sick just because they can't financially afford to take a day off.

Plenty!!! They handle food all day. Stockers, butchers, deli workers, even the kids sacking your groceries, and last but not least warehouse workers that you never even see.

And even some food is packaged by hand not machine. And are the machines even cleaned properly?

And that little gritty thing you sometimes encounter in your soup or sandwich...what is that?

I talked to a friend that worked for food inspections for the FDA, I asked her what to avoid. She told me without a
doubt, cut up fruit at the grocery store.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: olaru12

I talked to a friend that worked for food inspections for the FDA, I asked her what to avoid. She told me without a
doubt, cut up fruit at the grocery store.

trump is cutting the budget for the FDA and leaving it up to the corps. to take up the slack. That should work...

www.statnews.com...

eta...I have cut out poultry altogether. Nothing but a breeding ground for bigly nasty bacteria. Not enough inspectors enforce and keep the places clean or slaughter houses where meat is processed. Enjoy your sausage and any processed lunch meat...yuck.

www.care2.com...

And let's not even discuss school lunches...no wonder the kids are sick all time.

"How many loogies" ..... Indeed!!!
edit on 10-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Chicken does not even mildly resemble what we used to have 20 years ago.
The size of the legs and breast are almost that of humans!!

Luckily for me we have small farms here that still raise them normally. You can tell almost instantly, they look 1/4 the size of the mass grown chickens. The other thing is the coloring is completely different.

Don't even get me started on school lunches. I would not let my kids eat it. In our school district I believe they get leftover and old milk from other place. I feel it is just one notch about being not edible.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join