It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many loogies would you like with that? "... disgusting food tampering social media trend"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ok, l give you that.

This is my point. Strong precedents need to be set now that this kind of crap is considered a crime and will be pursued and prosecuted. If anybody who does something like this is treated as a criminal - not just a kid pulling a silly, harmless prank, as many here would want - then they would expect to be hunted down. They'd be subject to medical tests and if anyone sites does this and has a communicable diseases, appropriate charges should be applied.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Word of advice, be nice to the kids working in a fast food joint.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Better yet, just avoid the filthy places altogether.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"I once ate a tofu." -DBCowboy

After that statement, you should be able to handle a little spit man. In all seriousness, I hope these people are given swift justice and harsh enough to persuade others from attempting it.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

I'll compromise and say 20 years in jail with no chance of parole.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I worked in a few restaurants back in the early seventies. I know what cooks will do to people's food if they do not like the person that it is being served to or sometimes if the person gives the waitress a hard time. I was a dishwasher at both jobs, but I saw what the cooks did on occasion. I also witnessed a waitress and a cook having some quality time in the walk in refrigerator, That was quite a surprise seeing them do it in the fridge, well, the waitress and cook probably didn't get all sweaty in there anyway.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I agree with markovian, the news reports way to much crap it should keep quiet about. This is one of them. The kid should be punished as well as the parents. I don't think markovian ment skipping punishment just talking Bout the news giving it to much attention.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It's never cool to tamper with others food, but at least there's some warped logic to target a specific rude patron , still NO excuse.

Takes it to a whole new level of depravity to just randomly infect / poison food for ' Fun ' or social media attention, with zero regard for their fellow humans in general. Sad.

Jail's probably not the answer, but hefty fines and community service are warranted. Also, hit them where it hurts, take away cell phones and social media for at least a year, probably the best thing you could ever do for these selfish brats ! Maybe the FB social justice warriors could do something that actually does " protect " the community and ban anyone who posts these types of videos !

edit on 9-7-2019 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

I can see how increased attention spawns copy cats. However, ignoring the reality won't help any.

I've heard many people immediately shift the blame to media coverage or society or social media. Hell, in a previous thread people were pretty much defending the girl who licked the ice cream.

The point is that these people are sociopaths. They commit nasty, wicked, potentially harmful acts for a sense of power and self-gratification with no regard to how that act might affect others.

To immediately shift the blame to anything but the individual is irresponsible and stupid, and is to ask for more. Regardless of how much blame you might cast on society or social media, the perpetrators need to be punished in a real and very public way as a lesson and deterrent to other sociopaths.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

no shirt
no shoes
no dice

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Is this really worthy of a thread?

I mean, I for one like to be aware of dangerous trends. Now when I go to the grocery, I will be extra diligent to make sure the tamper resistant packaging hasn't been compromised!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
She needs a least a year in Jail/juvy.

Something just isn't right in someone's head, that thinks it is ok to do this. If I was her parent, not only would I be embossed as all get out, I would probably have given her a good swift belt to the behind. She is more than old enough to know better. And the moron in the video encouraging her, should be charged as an accomplice.

I really wish at this point the whole of the internet would go down for a week.
Some people need to have a crash course in reality.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
She needs a least a year in Jail/juvy.

Something just isn't right in someone's head, that thinks it is ok to do this. If I was her parent, not only would I be embossed as all get out, I would probably have given her a good swift belt to the behind. She is more than old enough to know better. And the moron in the video encouraging her, should be charged as an accomplice.

I really wish at this point the whole of the internet would go down for a week.
Some people need to have a crash course in reality.

I'm beginning to think minors need to have a 'drivers license' to access social media. And maybe you're just not set loose to drive on it alone until you're 18. No idea how that could be enforced, but geez. So much unhealthy contagion for young, developing minds to be infected with.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

LOL it doesn't matter, they do it cause they can. If they do it to jerks they will do it out of stupidity and boredom to everybody. Herpes is rampant for a reason, lol its the new Typhoid Mary.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: new_hereTo be honest, I am blaming a lot on parents right now. I had heard of "helicopter" parenting. Bad enough. But just this morning, I heard the term "Snowplow" parenting.
Apparently, that is were you remove any and all obstacles that may hinder, or cause your child some kind of problem (?) or to make a mistake.

WTH is wrong with people? Doesn't anyone know how to be a regular, normal parent any more?
I think it goes along with people wanting too much attention, and having NO common sense.

I worry for my grandsons.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Again you reading what isn't there. I wasnt trying to shift the blame anywhere. The kid should be punished. So should the parents, she is a minor in there custody. But the news media doesnt help. One example.when they made broadcast about the fitness watches being traceable. They were giving a heads up to terrorists how they could.track our troops overseas. With this story they are putting the idea into other kids heads to do the same.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
while the death penalty or shooting these idiots is a bit over the top, this type of thing should be taken as a serious crime. a serious crime, with serious penalties, such as long jail time (20-30 years minimum (in an actual jail), with no chance of parole). in fact it should even be treated as a form of terrorism, or attempted murder. not just some slap on the wrist like probation, or community service.

why should it be considered a serious crime? especially a serious crime such as terrorism or attempted murder? quite simply there are just too many diseases and sicknesses that someone might have, knowingly, or unknowingly that can be passed on. then there is also the issue of allergies on top of that. if said moron say licks or eats peanut butter before licking something, then that licked product gets purchased by someone with a severe allergy to peanuts, it could quite literally kill them. or someone who is immune compromised buying something that someone who didn't even realize they were sick licks. thus yet again having the potential to have deadly effects. pretty much grocery Russian roulette. seriously this really is no different than people putting things like razorblades, needles or other hazardous things into food. or someone with Aids using a needle to spike foods with a needle. or even someone injecting a poison into food. it is certainly not a harmless prank.

one thing this shows is that we really need to put tamper protection on ALL food containers. the fact that she could just take off the lid, lick it, put the lid back on, and put it back with no one the wiser has shown a major vulnerability within the food supply. a container such as this ice cream container should have a heavy plastic wrap on it to prevent it being opened, undetected. or like yogurt have an aluminum cover that has to be removed after opening the lid. and all food products that are packaged should have anti tamper systems in place.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: generik
one thing this shows is that we really need to put tamper protection on ALL food containers.

this is what pisses me off.

these losers do this, forcing companies to spend millions on repackaging, and then (of course) they pass the additional costs onto us.

So Betty Loser McLick-Face gets 15 minutes of fame, a slap on the wrist and we end up paying for it.

Shoot 'em.

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Here is the perfect punishment.

10 days of jail time. During that time they are given three dishes, each dish looks the same, but here is the catch.

One dish has ecoli, one has salmonella and Hepatitis, the other is perfectly fine.

Seems like this punishment would fit the crime!

Don't f with other people's food, period!

posted on Jul, 9 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: generik
one thing this shows is that we really need to put tamper protection on ALL food containers.

this is what pisses me off.

these losers do this, forcing companies to spend millions on repackaging, and then (of course) they pass the additional costs onto us.

So Betty Loser McLick-Face gets 15 minutes of fame, a slap on the wrist and we end up paying for it.

Shoot 'em.

We've heard about these because they were filmed and made public. Just ask anyone that has worked in the grocery store how much this happens, ALL the time!! All companies should do things to protect their product and consumer. It sucks, but there are stupid people, mentally ill people, evil people that all tamper with food.

Don't ever buy self serve bread rolls. I was at the store and two kids were messing around, they dropped the rolls on the floor and scooted them around. They put them right back in the bin. I told a worker and she threw them away, but did not proceed to clean the bin.. This is how people get food poisoning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join