It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Tectonic Time Bomb' recent burst of seismic activity in northern CA & WA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
sacramento.cbslocal.com...

Tectonic Time Bomb: Recent Burst Of Seismic Activity Has Scientists Taking Notice

'SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A recent burst of seismic activity along the West Coast has scientists taking notice. They believe these small tremors could potentially be a precursor to something larger. Over the last few weeks, these small tremors have been reported along the coast of northern California, up to Washington. Scientists said it’s due to the phenomenon called “slow-slip,” and it’s happening north of us out in the Pacific.

Isn't that Cascadia area? Hopefully military aint conducting eq weapons there! Back in Feb it was hit by over a dozen quakes over one weekend (rosa parks day, cancer day, and chinese new year.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If the most recent slow-slip episode has begun, and these quakes continue, it could be time to ready our surfboards. This is discussed in the program, "Monster Quake, Are We There Yet."
edit on 7-7-2019 by AlexanderM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The entire NE sector of the Ring of Fire is well overdue for a massive quake.

It has been statistically overdue for a long time.

One day it will all go pear shaped.

Are we getting close?

Who knows.

The scientists surely don't.

P

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is about the current slow-slip tremor event that occurs about every 14 months, has been previously discussed in these forums. So in the event that the current quakes in CA were to move to the San Andreas fault which is connected to the Cascadia fault, then the fact that Cascadia is already active could result in the perfect storm type of scenario. Lots of ifs.

patch.com...
edit on 8-7-2019 by AlexanderM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
The entire NE sector of the Ring of Fire is well overdue for a massive quake.

It has been statistically overdue for a long time.

One day it will all go pear shaped.

Are we getting close?

Who knows.

The scientists surely don't.

P

As a person who currently lives in downtown Seattle, all of this worries me. When you live here, you understand the risks, similar to when i lived in IL and understood Tornadoes are very likely there, too... Anyways, seeing all the EQs from southern Cali up to BC has me worried and i pray im not up in my apartment when the big one hits Seattle... 25th floor of my building has me worried about the buildings swaying/collapsing when the big one hits.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is the program, Monster Quake: Are We Next, just scroll down slightly and hit play. This is about the Japan quake and tsunami, and how what they learned from that event applies to us here, including the Cascadia slip-tremor events and the fact that the faults are connected and tend to go together, meaning San Andreas and Cascadia.

This is worth watching, full of USGS scientists.

www.greatpacifictv.com...
edit on 8-7-2019 by AlexanderM because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join