It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor in 2019 Epstein Case Is Maurene Comey, Daughter of Fired FBI Director James Comey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Marking so I can keep track of this one.

Wow! Unbelievable!

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Most likely would have been his Chief of staff at that moment in time. It is kind of their duty to generate lists of candidates for specific positions during the transition, or in general. Usually in a descending order of more qualified to less qualified. These people do not necessarily know every single case someone in law would have worked on, especially considering how secretive and covered up the defendants case was in 2007.

Hiw many of y'all jumped up and screamed foul the week Acosta was appointed?? How many even knew or remembered the case and who the prosecutor was the year Acosta was appointed??

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I hear that the Southern District of New York does not answer to the U.S. Dept of Justice (aka William Barr). SDNY is like a mini Supreme Court and DOJ combined?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Most likely would have been his Chief of staff at that moment in time. It is kind of their duty to generate lists of candidates for specific positions during the transition, or in general.

Thank you! Makes sense.

These people do not necessarily know every single case someone in law would have worked on, especially considering how secretive and covered up the defendants case was in 2007.
]

That's a fair point in general, but I'm not sure in this case. There was a great deal of hype and scandal surrounding this case publicly, and I'm sure much more in the legal and political communities, given the players involved and notoriety. So while the plea deal wasn't given much public attention, we can be sure it got quite a bit of attention in certain circles.

Did that include Trump's circles? I don't know. Should it have? Yes, definitely.

Hiw many of y'all jumped up and screamed foul the week Acosta was appointed?? How many even knew or remembered the case and who the prosecutor was the year Acosta was appointed??

I think I became aware of his Epstein deal when Nancy Pelosi objected... and read about the details of the deal at the same time.

But it's not especially fair nor practical to point fingers at us. We know what we're told. If we weren't aware, whose fault is that? More important, we didn't make this despicable deal. Our involuntary ignorance is nothing compared to Acosta's willful malfeasance.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick
In a country of over 350 million the same names keep popping up.

Yup -- again and again and again.

That may be a good thing, at least from one perspective. The repeat of the same few names again and again for literally decades might indicate that the corruption is confined to a relative few -- albeit a powerful few -- making it relatively that much easier to take down the house of cards... But even if true, it's still necessary to prepare for the vacuum that will result, and to keep a close eye on the sharks circling.

It will be in no way easy to take down this house of cards. Sure, we see a lot of the same names popping up and it would be great to remove them, but those with the true power (that transcends day to day politics) we do not hear from, and will be much tougher to remove, because we cant be 100% who "they" are. They are the power behind the curtain that will outlast these clown bureaucrats.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I hear that the Southern District of New York does not answer to the U.S. Dept of Justice (aka William Barr). SDNY is like a mini Supreme Court and DOJ combined?

I was reading stuff along those lines too. I'm not sure what to make of it all yet. Apparently they have total authority/jurisdiction in that region. But how does that work? How can they NOT be under the authority of the department? It makes no sense to me.

On a kinda sorta related note, this is Preet Bahara's former agency, and he sure seemed to think he was an authority unto himself.

I'm think these might be worth adding to the conversation too:

'We know how to do this better than anybody': Southern District of NY on the job after Mueller probe ends

With a staff of about 220 assistant U.S. attorneys, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York is one of the largest in the country. But that prosecutorial firepower isn't the only reason why it has become among the most sought-after assignments for aspiring federal prosecutors.

The office, which handles some of the highest-profile cases in the country, has developed such an independent streak that within the Justice Department, it's earned the nickname "the Sovereign District of New York."

James Comey’s Daughter Maurene On NY Posse To Take Trump Down

“Harvard Law School professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz, whose legal analysis defending Trump has been praised by the president, said the office’s independence is “one of the reasons” the Manhattan investigations provide Trump with “much more to worry about” than the Mueller probe.

“New York has always had a degree of independence, and that’s a reality,” Dershowitz said. “And I think the U.S. attorneys can take advantage of that.”

“They still have to run their indictments up through the hierarchy and get approval,” he added. “No member of the Trump family is going to be prosecuted without it going through the Justice Department.”

I have also read rumors that there was supposed to be a joint NYSD-FBI operation/prosecution, but that NY officials jumped the gun to shut the FBI out of the process. Not sure what NYSD's purpose would be for that, but there's obviously much room for abuse in such a move.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: BuckyWunderlick
In a country of over 350 million the same names keep popping up.

Yup -- again and again and again.

That may be a good thing, at least from one perspective. The repeat of the same few names again and again for literally decades might indicate that the corruption is confined to a relative few -- albeit a powerful few -- making it relatively that much easier to take down the house of cards... But even if true, it's still necessary to prepare for the vacuum that will result, and to keep a close eye on the sharks circling.

It will be in no way easy to take down this house of cards. Sure, we see a lot of the same names popping up and it would be great to remove them, but those with the true power (that transcends day to day politics) we do not hear from, and will be much tougher to remove, because we cant be 100% who "they" are. They are the power behind the curtain that will outlast these clown bureaucrats.

I'd start at the Senior Executive Service...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Talk about...

Things that make you go "hmmmmmmm...."

First off you say...

I can't help but think Ms Comey is using this opportunity to help her father in some kind of deal. But I don't know how.

Then...

I don't know how Comey could benefit.

And go on to say...

So my gut is telling me something is very very wrong here, but I can't put my finger on anything in specific.

And finally...

...in the court of public opinion, those who hate Trump will suspect the worst and those who support Trump will believe the best. We can be sure the haters will make as much of Trump's connections as possible, no matter how flimsy.

But you neglect to mention that those who blindly support him will see injustice here even when all they have to go on is a gut feeling.

And your source mentions the Pussyhat March to suggest that Mz Comey is a Lefty....

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I don't want to minimize anything. This travesty has been years in the making and won't be fixed overnight.

However, having said that, if the cover of darkness were removed and everyone's actions -- past and present -- were subject to examination under the public microscope, it would implode under its own weight. Even the PTB are only as strong as its weakest link.

Give us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, and we the people will figure it out.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

But you neglect to mention that those who blindly support him will see injustice here even when all they have to go on is a gut feeling.

That would be covered here:

...in the court of public opinion, those who hate Trump will suspect the worst and those who support Trump will believe the best.

And your source mentions the Pussyhat March to suggest that Mz Comey is a Lefty....

Okay. That sounds reasonable.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Guess Who James Comey Picked As His Daughter’s Godfather

Richard Cullen, partner at McGuireWoods LLP, was recently [back in 2017] hired as Mike Pence’s attorney. Turns out Cullen is close with another attorney turned blogging fodder, James Comey. So close, in fact, that Cullen is the godfather to one of Comey’s daughters.

Comey and Cullen worked together at law firm McGuireWoods between 1993 and 1996.

Haven't found which Comey daughter.
Cullen advised politicians during the Iran-Contra & Watergate Investigations.

Maurene Comey is part of the SDNY 'Public Corruption Unit' and has worked cases involving alleged racketeering, drugs and weapons offenses, embezzlement, obstruction of justice, and robbery.

Note not sex related crimes which tells me this case goes much further involving public officials. Who knows. Will see come Monday if anything comes out when the indictment is Unsealed.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

That would be covered here:

...in the court of public opinion, those who hate Trump will suspect the worst and those who support Trump will believe the best.

Believe the best, yes, you weren't believing the best though, you are saying this is all to benefit Comey because you feel it in your gut, I'm not even being pedantic here, this isn't a case of semtlantics.

Personally, as long as Epstein is held to account for his actions I wouldn't care who the prosecutor was...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Believe the best, yes, you weren't believing the best though, you are saying this is all to benefit Comey because you feel it in your gut...

What are you even on about??? I never said that I personally "believed the best". I said that Trump supporters would believe the best.

And no, I did NOT say this is to benefit Comey. I actually said that I did not see how it could benefit Comey, because he would only have secondhand knowledge, not firsthand knowledge.

What I did say is that my gut is telling me something is very very wrong, but could not pinpoint anything, and invited other thoughts and opinions.

So my gut is telling me something is very very wrong here, but I can't put my finger on anything in specific. I'd love to hear -- and discuss -- other thoughts and theories... anything and everything.

I said what I meant and I meant what I said.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I agree that something is wrong. They knew about Epstein for years, and could have arrested him any time. Why now?

It's possible that they are using him just like they tried to use those charged during the Mueller investigation. They may want to coerce him into creating something, even untrue, that they can use against Trump, in exchange for a plea deal.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I agree that something is wrong. They knew about Epstein for years, and could have arrested him any time. Why now?

Good questions. Ones I want to know as well. A couple possibilities that come to mind is that with the judge ordering the release of documents and filings in the civil suits against Epstein, that the NYSD realized their names are gonna be mudd when the public finds out what they failed to prosecute. So this is a proactive/pre-emptive action so when those docs are released, they can say, "Look what we're doing now."

Another possibility is that the NYSD is going to immediately upon arraignment file a motion to have those civil court docs re-sealed pending their own investigation and prosecution... the question is if the prosecutors actually intend to ever prosecute, or if they'll just sit on it (and the docs).

It's possible that they are using him just like they tried to use those charged during the Mueller investigation. They may want to coerce him into creating something, even untrue, that they can use against Trump, in exchange for a plea deal.

And that's another possibility. And in that case, it will be very interesting and informative to see how they treat the known association and activities of a previous president, eh?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Trying to put this into some kind of context or perspective, here's a brief timeline of recent events leading up to Epstein's arrest:

November 29, 2018: Years After Plea Deal in Sex Case, Jeffrey Epstein’s Accusers Will Get Their Day in Court

Jury selection is scheduled to begin next week in a West Palm Beach, Fla., courtroom for a civil trial that — for the first time — could give Mr. Epstein’s victims, who are now adults, a chance to publicly testify about their attempts to win justice after the sexual abuse they endured as children.

December 4, 2018: Jeffrey Epstein, multi-millionaire sex offender, settles suit and apologizes

A politically connected multi-millionaire sex offender accused of sexually abusing dozens of teenage girls struck a last-minute deal to avoid a civil trial that would have allowed some of his victims to finally testify against him in open court.

February 21, 2019: Federal prosecutors broke law in Jeffrey Epstein case, judge rules

“As a legal matter, the non-prosecution agreement entered into by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of Florida does not bind other U.S. Attorneys in other districts. They are free, if they conclude it is appropriate to do so, to bring criminal actions against Mr. Epstein and his co-conspirators,’’ said lawyer David Boies, representing two of Epstein’s victims who claim they were trafficked by Epstein in New York and other areas of the country. Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

March 20, 2019: Mystery parties seek secrecy in Jeffrey Epstein-related suit

Both people filed their complaints in the New York-based 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals, which is overseeing the case. The two people said they could face unwarranted speculation and embarrassment if the court makes public records from the suit...

Lewin’s brief doesn’t provide any details about his client — identified in the brief by the pseudonym “John Doe” — beyond saying he “potentially” is mentioned in the underlying court filings and opinion...

Campbell requested that the brief submitted on behalf of a “J. Doe” be put under seal, but said in legal papers that the client is “objecting to public disclosure of specific content pertaining to Doe to protect compelling personal privacy interests.”

May 9, 2019: Billionaire pedophile Jeffrey Epstein illegally building Virgin Islands compound

June 25, 2019: Jeffrey Epstein's Sex Offender Plea Deal Must Stand, Federal Prosecutors Say

As for requests that the court invalidate the plea deal and order the government to reopen the investigation, prosecutors say the court simply doesn't have the authority. In the motion, B.J. Pak, the U.S attorney for the Northern District of Georgia writes that "such an order would violate, or fall perilously close to violating, the separation-of-powers doctrine undergirding our democracy." Pak took over the case earlier his year after prosecutors in the South Florida U.S. Attorney's office formerly headed by Acosta recused themselves.

July 3, 2019: Court orders Jeffrey Epstein-related documents to be made public

A United States appellate court has ordered the release of previously sealed court documents filed in a defamation suit related to multimillionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein’s alleged sex trafficking ring.

July 7, 2019: Jeffrey Epstein Arrested On Sex Trafficking Allegations

Multimillionaire financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein was arrested Saturday on at least one charge related to sex trafficking.

Epstein was taken into federal custody when his plane landed after an international flight Saturday, a law enforcement source tells NPR.

"Lolita Express" Flight Logs (Scribd)

Here Is Pedophile Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein's Little Black Book

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Here's some brand new information (at least to me!):
FBI: Pedophile Jeffrey Epstein was Informant for Mueller’s FBI
From an FBI memo dated September 8, 2008:

Documents released by the FBI pertaining to Clinton-connected pedophile Jeffrey Epstein show that the known child predator had a professional relationship with then-FBI Director Robert S. Mueller.

“Epstein has also provided information to the FBI as agreed upon,” says one of the court documents. “Case agent advised that no federal prosecution will occur in this matter as long as Epstein continues to uphold his agreement with the state of Florida.

This was right before the election, as the mortgage markets were crashing, so perhaps is the basis for the rumors that Epstein provided info on Bear Stearns?

ETA: And do note, this happened on Bush's watch. Obama had not yet been elected.
--------------------------------------------------

Back to the most recent charges, the Miami Herald is reporting new victims and witnesses have come forward:

Sources told the Herald that the indictment includes new victims and witnesses who spoke to authorities in New York over the past several months.

edit on 7-7-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

--------------------------------------------------

ETA (again): More on Epstein/Mueller/Bear Stearns from Twitchy: Whoa whoa WHOA! Thread from 2018 about possible connection between Jeffrey Epstein and Mueller’s FBI is enlightening

edit on 7-7-2019 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

*sigh* Just great. We know the outcome now. 😒

What's the outcome since you seem to know already?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Awww, hell
Now we will hear "we could not find intent" all over again.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi's DAUGHTER says some "favorites" are going to be implicated in the Epstein case.

Christine Pelosi says Ohhh Sh'it!: www.redstate.com...

WHO would be "favorites" in Christine Pelosi's eyes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join