It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump open minded for the existence of UFO after all

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

“Well, I don't wanna get into it too much...but personally, I tend to doubt it,...I mean you have people that swear by it, right...and pilots have come in and they said,...and these are pilots that are not the pilots of the...into that particular world, but...we have had people saying that they have seen things....I am not a believer, but you know, I guess anything is possible..."

About the UFO wreckage, Trump said, "I don't assume it is correct, but you know, I have an open mind..."

However conditional Trump's answer might sound, it is clear he goes much farther than simply doesn't deny the remote possibility.

He acknowledged the American pilots who are not into that particular world (of ufology) have seen something.

Also the denial of a UFO wreckage is everything but absolute. Trump expresses his own view of skepticism and what he has heard or seen or not heard /seen himself.

He not only leaves the door open, he practically opens widely both the door and the windows by making those public answers. He wouldn;t answer if he didn't want to. I bet the questions have been shown and agreed upon before the interview.

I agree with Nick Pope that is quite much to say for a sitting US president. Before the day when the ET will be announced in the prime news. Maybe exactly by him? Or by the newly elected EU commission president?
edit on 6-7-2019 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Yeah, he left it pretty open. Anything is possible... unicorns, leprechauns...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
And we are now all that much dumber for listening to that response.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

I think the odds of us being the only sentient beings in this galaxy and the universe are huge . Give us another 200 or so years and we may be able to get to other star systems . The possibility of another race developing thousands of years ahead of us is very probable .

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Not surprising. He's a temp. It's beyond his need to know. Just like all presidents. So now he's on the record with a fairly neutral response. It's expedient. He can go either way. There is no reason at all for him to spend political capital on this issue that few people care about.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I think you are hearing what you want to hear, OP (and those agreeing with you).

He has said before- there are clips of him from months and years back- saying the exact same thing he said in that Tucker Carlson interview. He doesn't personally "believe" in UFO's, but hey, who knows? That's the gist of what he's said before and he said it again in that interview.

I think that because this time he was asked directly about it in a formal interview, you are equating that with him being positive to the UFO thing (aliens), even thiugh he gave the same answer he's given before though not in a direct question in-person televised interview.

There's no "disclosure" coming. I know it's disappointing. But if you look honestly at the shenanigans over the past several decades, these latest shenanigans follow the exact same pattern.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Well first off we need to define “UFO’s”??

Do you mean intelligent life out there somewhere??

Or do we mean “visiting earth and/or abductions , exc”????

Those are tworeally separate things and the post will definitely get derailed over the difference..

To the overall point of the OP....

That as cold of a response to that question as any president asked in decades lol..

Every president asked has given atleast that level of response... I don’t think any have dismissed it outright... and I’m not sure any have went hog wild about it either.....

Well I think I remember like carter being super interested and Clinton for sure commented multiple times..

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

But is the probability they have made the specific trip here and maybe kidnapped people from trailer parks the same???

Not even close..

I’ve always been on the “it’s too big for us to be the only intelligent life.” Bandwagon, but recently I heard a ted talk that broke down the equation meant to guess how many civilizations there are in our universe.

He starts with like 400B(galaxies) x’s 400B (stars)x’s 10 (planets=
X

Then divides X by all the potential hurdles life might face..

Habitable planets, life forming, multi cellular life, intelligence, and electronic age...

Well he comes up with like 1,400 civilizations per galaxy...

But what if there are more hurdles we don’t know about yet??

What if there are 10 hurdles not 5....

Well 1,400 per galaxy becomes 1/1,400 galaxies..

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Not surprising. He's a temp. It's beyond his need to know. Just like all presidents. So now he's on the record with a fairly neutral response. It's expedient. He can go either way. There is no reason at all for him to spend political capital on this issue that few people care about.

LOL...Donalds Uncle was pals with Tesla and Donald inherited the materials Tesla had given his buddy.....Donald doesn't fear anyone because he could turn the global economic landscape upside down overnight in a millisecond....no one could stop him no group of people could stop him.....Donald could put a breadbox sized device in every American home and similar ones in businesses and the world would never ever be the same again...because free energy means freedom in every single way......this is all technology created by HUMANS....it would be inaccurate to claim differently...and to expose that is to expose everything about humanities bastardised history...Donald probable has a few of his own Sports Model Craft....lol...so what its only technology no different than a plane....and having been in a crappy Prop-plane I can tell you the shabby little saucers are exactly like those little tin cans....you feel the same way in both.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
I think you are hearing what you want to hear, OP (and those agreeing with you).

He has said before- there are clips of him from months and years back- saying the exact same thing he said in that Tucker Carlson interview. He doesn't personally "believe" in UFO's, but hey, who knows? That's the gist of what he's said before and he said it again in that interview.

I think that because this time he was asked directly about it in a formal interview, you are equating that with him being positive to the UFO thing (aliens), even thiugh he gave the same answer he's given before though not in a direct question in-person televised interview.

There's no "disclosure" coming. I know it's disappointing. But if you look honestly at the shenanigans over the past several decades, these latest shenanigans follow the exact same pattern.

I completely agree with you and this really looks like it's the right wing version of this discussion, realistically this opinion could have been given over there. No reason for this thread to even exist...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Well first off we need to define “UFO’s”??

Do you mean intelligent life out there somewhere??

Or do we mean “visiting earth and/or abductions , exc”????

The definition of UFO is Uunidentified Flying Object, now some people automatically think that means aliens, it doesn't. It means something that cannot be identified is flying in our airspace, plain and simple..

I don't recall anyone needing that clarification in the Lefty version of this thread...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: schuyler

LOL...Donalds Uncle was pals with Tesla and Donald inherited the materials Tesla had given his buddy.....Donald doesn't fear anyone because he could turn the global economic landscape upside down overnight in a millisecond....no one could stop him no group of people could stop him.....Donald could put a breadbox sized device in every American home and similar ones in businesses and the world would never ever be the same again...because free energy means freedom in every single way......this is all technology created by HUMANS....it would be inaccurate to claim differently...and to expose that is to expose everything about humanities bastardised history...Donald probable has a few of his own Sports Model Craft....lol...so what its only technology no different than a plane....and having been in a crappy Prop-plane I can tell you the shabby little saucers are exactly like those little tin cans....you feel the same way in both.

*facepalm*

It's too early for this, this theory is so whacky i think a little bit of my brain just trickled out of my ear. If "The Donald" really had the knowledge to do as you describe he would have had loftier ambitions than just President of the U.S

Pure fantasy, how can you even believe such nonsense?

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
OK...so the President and key members of the U.S. Senate received a RARE/SPECIAL briefing on UFOs by the Military and the Intelligence Community over the past 2 weeks. But nothing significant was shared?

I think the briefing said (in summary), "We know there are visitors, with technology superior to our own, but that's all we know at the moment. They're not attempting to communicate with us, and they are ignoring our attempts at communicating with them."

Could you imagine the damage that would occur to our global society if President Trump relayed that information to the public?!?!

We'd have to build hundreds of new jails and mental institutions. The mental health profession would need thousands of additional psychologists and psychiatrists the very next day.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The truth is the US military let alone every other country knows there are unidentifiable craft operating in their airspace with capabilities far beyond what is even in the realm of possibility or understanding...
All other nations could be assuming the US has some incredible things and while black projects are indeed beyond what we see or know... The US knows these things are beyond them also that is saying a lot because of the incredibly advanced secret drones and space planes they have right now...
The old saying once was “the truth is out there”
The new saying now is “the truth is here”
edit on 7-7-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

"Well Tucker, if you could pucker when you suck.. er, I'll entertain the question in a positive way despite being a skeptic to appease my fans, your fans.. the 90+% GOP viewers."

Tucker was so excited for that interview too. These are the things careers are made from.

Last time I checked, don't nobody really cares about the President's opinion on UFOs and aliens. Those of us who've been into this thing long enuff know about security clearance, there's several above the office of President. Wasn't it around 16 or 17 levels?

But truth be said, I'm increasingly skeptical of the # too as if it's become an elaborate entertainment industry in the vein of alternative reality sci-fi and horror with scientific legitimacy factors thrown in and conspiracy suspense.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

If the truth about ET being superior, and not communicating, was revealed, humankind would descend into chaos.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: 5StarOracle

If the truth about ET being superior, and not communicating, was revealed, humankind would descend into chaos.

So aliens are visiting the planet but not communicating with us even though they probably know that we know that they exist?

That's pretty creepy. I wonder what they're doing here and why. Which books or videos do you recommend that explains it? What the agenda for visiting the planet so much for thousands of years is. There's hundreds of thousands and they're all presenting different theories and information.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
OK...so the President and key members of the U.S. Senate received a RARE/SPECIAL briefing on UFOs by the Military and the Intelligence Community over the past 2 weeks. But nothing significant was shared?

I think the briefing said (in summary), "We know there are visitors, with technology superior to our own, but that's all we know at the moment. They're not attempting to communicate with us, and they are ignoring our attempts at communicating with them."

Could you imagine the damage that would occur to our global society if President Trump relayed that information to the public?!?!

We'd have to build hundreds of new jails and mental institutions. The mental health profession would need thousands of additional psychologists and psychiatrists the very next day.

We have a fundamental difference of opinion on this. Much has changed since the original predictions of societal upheaval on disclosure. Serious discussions and wild fantasies about aliens have been widely held since 1947.

We have been inundated with entertainment promotion and media programming desensitizing society at large, and younger people most profoundly. By now, in the USA some disclosure to the public is expected - either ALIENS! - or these UAPs are a smokescreen for classified MIL technology (this would include the Secret Space Program CT subgroup) .

Impact on the mental health profession? Wonder how many alien "delusional" inpatients may need to be discharged or at least re-diagnosed. I'm certain there will be an inital shock period of widespread mental disorder. Proof: Trump.

On the other hand, there are groups on the rise that seem to want to go crazy and commit mayhem on impulse and with great forethought and planning, so there's an impact on the entire healthcare system, not just mental health if that scenario comes to pass.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Trump open minded?????? This is the most science suppressing President in U.S. History. Do NOT believe it!!

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Excellent points Kansas Girl!! Excellent points.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join