It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police find girl who licked Blue Bell ice cream in viral video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

At her age I think she should know better but also at her age this sentence is likely far too harsh since it will ruin her entire life which she is only just starting and to sentence her that long in my opinion - an opinion shared by much of the developed world - would make that state a criminal in our eye's for it's lack of humanity.

That said what she did was utterly disgusting and of course little kid's and people with weakened immune system's may be the one's to suffer from any bacteria she may have left upon that food product.

Now as to a suitable sentence, community service and a lifetime ban on going into that food chain as well as a name and shame policy should be in place - unless it is a serial offence and/or she can be shown to have a contagious disease as then this is not simply food tampering but also a random assault on other members of the public.

That said and despite my own reservation's about how stark this sentence may be I believe that if the Judge uses proper discretion a balance between a message to other's that would do likewise AND being fair to the girl given how young she is may still be struck.

As for the boyfriend as an older adult - hopefully not too much older I never did like cradle snatchers - he really should have known better but how much can he be held responsible for the actions of another, if she is technically a juvenile and he is technically an adult an argument can be drawn that he was acting as her guardian (though obviously he was not) and is therefore in part responsible for her action's.

I believe this was a child acting badly and irresponsibly - unless malign intent can be shown and proven - and as such she should be treated as a delinquent, named and shamed and forced to do some community work as well as be educated as her action show's a distinct lack of empathy but could also be indicative of a lack of education and hatred of society stemming from a potentially disadvantaged childhood, these factors should be taken into account but sorry to say as an outsider the US does not have a good track record on good and fair justice - at least in the developed western world though it is still miles better than the third world, about as much better than south american justice as Canadian justice is better than it is.

By the way I live in the north west of England and there used to be, still is an ice cream factory that used to be called Fredrick's dairy's in the town of Skelmersdale that supplies many supermarkets with frozen food's like Ice Cream, I have heard many people - different people whom used to work there telling me a few horror tales such as idiot's spitting phlegm into the vat's while there supervisors had there back's turned and the site had a bad reputation, in our country what they did if they had been caught would be classed as gross misconduct and they would be dismissed likely without a police investigation, I have bought treat's myself and found such thing's as finger nails in them.
Another site in that same town called Talona Pizza's since also name changed other story's about the factory made Pizza's (also for supermarket's) falling off the conveyor and simply being picked up and put back on.

I must stress I never saw this with my eye's so this is what we call third hand information but from sources I truly believed and knew worked there in those factory's, one worked under me when he came to work at a car part's factory were I was then a line manager.

Best bet make your own or check that the company you are buying from take's it's quality control standard's highly enough to not always go to the cheapest supplier for it's good's.

She's a very bad girl and need's re-educating but not having her entire life taken from her and being ruined by some overzealous idiot out to make a case for themselves - that said if she has a disease and did this to harm others then perhaps she does deserve to be locked up.

As for the name and shame despite her young age I stand by that as the girl does need to learn a lesson, what better way than to become a pariah for a few years though the last thing I would want to see is the kid then go and kill herself or be assaulted by some rather more angry people over the issue of her vile act, vile but not as vile as a child abusing politician whom then get's away with it and with stitching up the person that tried to bring them to justice as has happened over here in the UK recently.

edit on 6-7-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If you only knew what the fast food people put in your food when you're snotty to them. I'll take a previous licked icecream any day. just sayin...

Even in a high class joint, demean and belittle your server...

The world can be a nasty place for the rude person...

I've worked in many food service places in many different states, nothing like fast food, but some "entry level" restaurants to very expensive ones. I've NEVER seen anyone do anything to the food/drink, not once. The worst thing to be served was food that was questionable in freshness but it was always cooked enough to kill any bacteria, but it was never deliberate or targeted.

I always hear stories about tampering, which is why I never push my luck at restaurants. I would have NEVER allowed a coworker to do something like this in a place I worked, even if I was "low man" on the totem pole, like a dish washer or something. If I saw that happen I'd call them out immediately and if they didn't "fix" the food/drink (throw it out), I'd tell the manager immediately. I really can't imagine doing anything else but I have to wonder how many people would do the same.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Make an example of her.
That's the only way to discourage an escalation.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Very good point, also the fact that Ice Cream does not get cooked so while cold enough to retard the growth of most bacteria there is a very real potential for this ice cream to have then caused illness.
I have found hair's in ready meal's, finger nail in a chocolate sunday and a dead beetle in a box of corn flake's - all super market good's not from a restaurant.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
If a clear example is not made of them (both of them), I could easily see this becoming a thing.

THE SUPERMARKET LICK CHALLENGE.

>Untwist the wire on a load off bread and lick.
>Lick a doughnut from the pastry cabinet.
>Rub a booger on a piece of fruit.
>Sneeze in a container of bulk granola.
>Record it and post in anonymously.
>Just don't show your face and try not to reveal any identifying elements of the store you're in.

Do you doubt it could become a thing?

The rest of the idiots out there who would pull a stunt like that need to be made to understand that there are consequences.
:

This type of thing needs immediate mob retribution if the person is caught in the act. I'd pay to see the video's of that!
edit on 7 6 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
As far as the sentence, what about giving her a very stiff sentence (which will get a lot of national coverage), but with the intention of it being lightened up a year (or so) down the road. This would be done to serve as a warning to others to not do the same thing. Then once the news cycle moves on and everyone moves onto the next outrage, the girl's sentence can be reduced IF she seems to understand the gravity of the situation and acts appropriately in her "service"/sentence. I'll bet her reduction in sentence will get NO coverage and people will still think "I'll get 10 years for licking food an putting it back"..

I think that might be the best bet all around. IDK how to deliver a strong message while at the same time not ruining her life with years in a cell - other than what I said above. I wonder if this type of thing has been done before - changing a sentence after setting an example..

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATSAlex
At least 5 years in jail...

No - that just abets an already corrupt industry.

Wanna really rehabilitate her and her boyfriend - how about 'X' years of military service? I guarantee they would come out in the top 20% of proactive contributors to society once completed, if they decide to retire at all.

Antifa thugs who beat up a gay Asian - military service.
Blacks who kidnapped and tortured disabled white fella - military service.

You see, it's stupid sh!t like what these twits did that is one of the signals of a degrading society - disrespectful, indifferent, intolerant, 'its all about me' attitudes are encouraged in schools and colleges.

I think an example needs to be made from this so that others are discouraged from doing same, something that will result in the offenders learning from their actions and becoming better people - I don't want to see them made into social pariahs, what they did was stupid and could have had a serious consequential effect due to food hygiene standards and folks becoming sick and companies going broke and people losing jobs.

Send them to bootcamp, go from there.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

no they need jail time not funny at all
edit on 6-7-2019 by Steveogold because: spelling mistake

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: Edumakated
...I think people are over reacting.

I ask again, if you discovered that it was the tub of ice cream that you had purchased as fed to your kids or grandchildren, and maybe the girl that some communicable illness ... Would you be singing the same song?

I have two toddlers in day care... trust me when I say they are exposed to far worse cooties than an ice cream lick on a daily basis.

Again, it is disgusting. It was stupid. However, I still think people are over reacting. There was no malice intent. The teenage mind does not think about consequences.

I once bought some cocoa butter that is used as a body lotion. The packages aren't sealed. You can unscrew the top of the container at will. I"ve learned to always check it as I bought some once and when I got home and unscrewed it, I could tell someone put their finger it (left a big ole finger print on the cocoa butter).

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
No slack.

Nip this at the Bud.

People were doing just fine with pretty much everything till this new generation of kids and Social Media has completely destabilized common decency and respect.

This is food safety and if people die, yes DIE , as a result of someone disgusting siliva, growing more bacterias and germs, I mean what if she has HIV? OR AIDS? OR SOME OTHER CRAZY CRAP?????

NO SIRS.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yeah, going to have to disagree with you threre.

There was "No Malice" intent..., Oh, there was INTENT, regardless if it was malicious or not, intent is there.

Now, I'll offer an olive branch and say, was her intent to kill someone with her germs and bacteria? No.

Intent is her trying to be funny, but INTENT is INTENT, as INTENT shows actions knowingly carried out by said individual.

Now, does it matter what me and you think in the overall grand scheme of things? NOPE.

Why? Because tampering with food products is a FELONY and Punishable up to "X" amount of years in Prison.

Why? Because it's a health hazard which could lead to "Death" in rare instances, but more so, sickness.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
No problem that a few $100 million dollar lawsuits by ambulance chasing attorneys won't fix...for all of us!

The "New and Improved" store bought ice cream will now be selling for $24.95 per gallon (all of them) because of the 13 different safety protections which now have to be put on them. You'll now need a clerk with a dongle to assist you to remove the ice cream from the freezer, and a pipe wrench, (2) pliers and a chainsaw to open the ice cream when you get home.

All because some dumb little B# on Instagram and Boo-Toob was trying to score some views and get a "VIRAL" video!!

Happy now???

Can you see where all this is headed???????

ETA - Here's what these stupid little bitches REALLY need for a punishment...suspension from ALL social media (FOREVER, as in for LIFE), under penalty of SERIOUS Felonies and SERIOUS Prison (not "jail", but "prison") time if they EVER get caught violating the order! EVER!

That'll fix these little "Viral" punk's and their videos intended to make them the next socially bankrupt Kartrashians!!
edit on 7/6/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Definitely....she needs a pretty harsh punishment, one that she can feel.

Arr ve talkink about zomethink like a schpankink?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Let the punishment fit the crime but sending a kid to jail will just turn her into an educated criminal.
What do you think criminals talk about in jail? How to be a more effective criminal...that's what. Rehabilitation is just a pipe dream of the naive.

A year of public service with the elderly would be more appropriate and give her the message, more than incarceration.

edit on 6-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
These maximums are for serious tampering of such items with serious notions of causing harm... If considered under this pretences might actually not be severe enough when causing death but in reality would be accounted for by additional charges...

But...

Any punishment must suit the crime...
So everyone saying she should be harshly punished are just wrong...
Seeing as the ice cream was almost certainly thrown out, all the if and but are of no contention...
How many of you have ever done something stupid that was illegal and gotten away with it?
What if this was your child, well I’m sure you would be thinking a little different...
With the severe fine alone she could face it has enough potential to ruin her life...
Not to mention the fact that people all over will recognize her for a good long time that stigma also will haunt her...
Almost any judge will weigh such things in careful consideration she does not need to be made an example of because she already has been...

Nobody here is innocent perhaps you would never do such a thing as lick some ice cream in a grocery store but you will do something, and with every passing day especially when 5g is everywhere you are going to be seen doing that stupid illegal thing... Maybe we will even be discussing one of our own members actions here in the future...

No food should be without a tamper proof package not sure what you do with fruits and veggies I dunno how many times I’ve seen people cough on their hand sneeze on their hands wipe their own nose or their children’s reach down their pants for a scratch then handles them. God only knows what they were doing at home before with their hands or if they washed them before they went shopping... And they seem to have to touch every damn thing before picking the first thing they touched...

edit on 6-7-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Let the punishment fit the crime but sending a kid to jail will just turn her into an educated criminal.
What do you think criminals talk about in jail? How to be a more effective criminal...that's what. Rehabilitation is just a pipe dream of the naive.

A year of public service with the elderly would be more appropriate and give her the message, more than incarceration.

In all honesty, that may be what happens, public service.

Assuming Blue Bell and the Grocery store don't file charges as well, this isn't a one way street deal, but multiple entities.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
However, I still think people are over reacting. There was no malice intent. The teenage mind does not think about consequences.

So, I guess you are if the opinion that Hillary didn't do anything wrong, either?

My teenage mind thought about consequences. As a teen, I would not have done anything like this

My children, when they were teens, would not have done anything like this. First, they were taught to be respectful of other people. Second, they knew that if they did and I found out, there would have been hell to pay.
edit on 2019 7 06 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Okay, let's think about this for a second.

These two punk kids did something really stupid. Something stupid, but akin to instilling "fear" in others. You know what the word for this is right??? It's called "Terrorism". Okay, that may sound a little harsh, right?

But wait, don't countries mobilize entire armies to hunt down the sponsors of terrorism and bring them to justice (or death)?

Okay, so what about Instagram and Boo-Toob, who PAY these clowns based on how many people they can draw into their channels with these stunts??? Aren't they the "sponsors" of this activity??? They're rewarding it with real money!! Maybe they're accomplices and should be stopped.

Stop letting people "Monetize" these videos and this behavior will die down. Stop encouraging people to create videos which lure views just for the sake of advertisers getting a few seconds of dwell time.

Case in point; right now Boo-Tubers are 'encouraged' to create longer videos, with more sensational stuff, to keep their channels monetized. This, so advertisers will be more attracted to people watching their videos (hence more monetary reward).

Can't anyone see what's going on here??? We are allowing this behavior to be encouraged, not discouraged. And, until it stops, people can expect more restrictions on every single thing they do, see and buy.

Just stop it!!
edit on 7/6/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Could you sum up the video in the opening post? So we know what's coming

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Wow, what a thread.

Good thing mongs don't enforce the law.

I wonder what dumb things the nasty and harsh comment folks did when they were young dumb and full of **

And when we hear about harsh punishment in middle eastern countries we want to bring them freedom and democracy.

Good to see the mentalists getting on each other over frivolous acts and tiptoe around why they want her to spend 20 years in jail for something like this.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join