It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police find girl who licked Blue Bell ice cream in viral video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There is no way they will give a minor a max sentence for being a stupid s#!t!

The parents will need to be punished financially for raising such a thoughtless dumbass.
The company should sue them heavily for any financial costs incurred by their idiot child.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Public shaming IS NOT enough. Weekends in Juvie Hall for 3 months won't scar her permanently and maybe that would be enough of a slap on the wrist.

Like you stated, this is a wake up call for manufacturers who don't seal their products. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if someone sues Blue Bell claiming they were put at risk because of their unsealed product.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I know it creates a tight seal, but you can still open it and put the top back on. Some people may not notice.

I buy ice cream all the time and I've noticed manufacturers like Ben & Jerry's and some other use plastic around the top now. Some also use a film of plastic over the ice cream. No way to tamper or even take top off without it being noticeable.

It is a shame a company even has to think about this kind of stuff, but in a nation of 350 million people there will be some idiots.

What the girl did was reprehensible, but it is made even more so because of social media. I think people are over reacting.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If a clear example is not made of them (both of them), I could easily see this becoming a thing.

THE SUPERMARKET LICK CHALLENGE.

>Untwist the wire on a load off bread and lick.
>Lick a doughnut from the pastry cabinet.
>Rub a booger on a piece of fruit.
>Sneeze in a container of bulk granola.
>Record it and post in anonymously.
>Just don't show your face and try not to reveal any identifying elements of the store you're in.

Do you doubt it could become a thing?

The rest of the idiots out there who would pull a stunt like that need to be made to understand that there are consequences.
:
edit on 2019 7 06 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
We cringed when we viewed the video. Have a look:

www.nbcnews.com...

Most probably wondered how often this happens. One's imagination could run wild thinking about the diseases that could be transmitted not to mention the plain ole yuck factor.

The girl is young (under 17) and you can tell she thinks this is funny. She was with her adult boyfriend who will also be charged. Tampering with food like this is a second degree felony and can come with a maximum 20-year prison sentence and a $10,000 fine.

But, my question is, should we cut her any slack?

ABSOLUTELY NOT! She did this knowingly that it was wrong. She did this with the intention of getting "likes" online and with hopes of starting a trend of doing the same.

She should get the absolute maximum for the action and any people stupid enough to follow in her footsteps should receive the same treatment.

If we are lax on people tampering with our food supply, where does it end? What could be more horrific than not knowing if our food is safe or not.

Is the next prank going to be putting laxatives in people drinks or food? There are laxatives that are completely tasteless and can be mixed into juices or foods and you'd never know what it was, you might think it was just food poisoning w/o the fever.

I know prison seems like a lot for something like this, but it really isn't. It's the complete disrespect for law and for your fellow citizens. I'd MAYBE expect this from some very undeveloped 3rd world country but to do it in a country where people know about disease and it's transmission, this is 100% unacceptable.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
1 year in juvie, 4 years parole, community service, and hefty fines that go right to her parents for the girl. For her boyfriend, 5 years in jail and a stiff fine.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Ben & Jerry's doesn't come close to the goodness of Blue Bell, imo. (My fav flav is Southern Blackberry Cobbler. Oh my! It has real pieces of homemade-tasting pie crust in it!)

Blue Bell does seal, just not with plastic. I would be able to tell if the lid had been removed, so I don't think Blue Bell should be responsible for this twit's dumbassedry.

Fine her big and make her serve enough time to learn a lesson about doing hurtful thoughtless dangerous stupid things.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: queenofswords

Too early in life for a 20-year sentence and I don't think the punishment would fit the crime.

Hopefully, some common sense prevails here. This is nothing community service and a bit of shame wouldn't fix.

Yeah, that would seem like a good idea except that people don't seem to get the message unless there are extreme consequences. This is how trends start. If they see that people aren't getting harsh sentences, you are going to get 8, 9, 10, 12yr olds doing the same - not to mention older kids - who know they will get off with very little charges IF they are even caught.

So what will they learn from a light sentence in this scenario? Make sure you are a juvenile and don't film yourself doing it, or if you do, don't make the video public. That's what the lesson will be.

Now if you give the sentence it DESERVES, then it will show that the country WILL NOT TOLERATE such behavior from people who have been treated with kid gloves for so long.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Public shaming IS NOT enough. Weekends in Juvie Hall for 3 months won't scar her permanently and maybe that would be enough of a slap on the wrist.

You don't know the teenage mind very well do you. Juvie hall is a badge of honor among hardcore youth culture, and her subsequent actions will make that icecreme lick seem tame by comparison. This isn't Mayberry RFD...

I suggest time spent cleaning spit off the mouths of dementia patients in the home or something equally distasteful...
edit on 6-7-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
We should gather 20-40 shoppers at the local store and put them in a line. Take a bottle or glass/cup and ask each person to spit in it as it is passed down the line. Once they are all done, hand it to that little brat and make her drink it.

After that, she can serve her community service when she is out of juvenile detention (minimum 6-12 months). I'm sure she will have a bunch of nice knick-names and all the boys will be lining up to kiss her.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Now, the thing is, they need a surveillance video to proove she actually did it. Youtube clip is worth nothing.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
...I think people are over reacting.

I ask again, if you discovered that it was the tub of ice cream that you had purchased as fed to your kids or grandchildren, and maybe the girl that some communicable illness ... Would you be singing the same song?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Now, the thing is, they need a surveillance video to proove she actually did it. Youtube clip is worth nothing.

What?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The girl's public shaming is enough punishment.. let's not go overboard.

With that said, I'm surprised the ice cream manufacturers still have their packaging that isn't tamper proof. Most ice cream has a plastic wrap that seals the top in some manner, so you just can't open it. Bluebell apparently hasn't taken that step, so maybe they will be liable in some way as well.

do what? Just no. It will cost them big to retrofit their production, the cost will be passed on to the consumer, and because this little bitch thinks she's cute, everyone pays a little more.

You have been my hero on common sense for a while now. But it only takes 1 aw sh!t to erase 10 attaboys.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

From the OP source:

Both she and her boyfriend have been "forthcoming" about their involvement in the incident, police said.

Police said Wednesday they believed they had identified the suspect after "detectives had obtained surveillance video placing someone matching the description in the Lufkin store on June 28 around 11 p.m."

link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Or maybe she was just a dirty girl who put random body parts in her mouth.

Or, hell, maybe she just didn't practice any kind of dental hygiene.

You never know...

The whole point of this is this needs to be used to set an example. I can only imagine where kid's minds will run. Think about how disgusting some of these kids are - both behavior wise, mentally and physically (hygeine). Maybe some disgusting twaat (no pun intended) will take some lolli-pop and put it up her nasty, stinky - you know - and put it back on the shelf. The person who buys it and tastes some foul fishy taste and gags, not knowing WTF that was.

For those who think people aren't this sick, well you are lucky to not have been exposed to people as nasty as this, and there's been video of such things, more so in people's homes than in stores though. There are absolutely repulsive people out there.

link   

originally posted by: network dude

With that said, I'm surprised the ice cream manufacturers still have their packaging that isn't tamper proof. Most ice cream has a plastic wrap that seals the top in some manner, so you just can't open it. Bluebell apparently hasn't taken that step, so maybe they will be liable in some way as well.

do what? Just no. It will cost them big to retrofit their production, the cost will be passed on to the consumer, and because this little bitch thinks she's cute, everyone pays a little more.

You have been my hero on common sense for a while now. But it only takes 1 aw sh!t to erase 10 attaboys.

This is why I said that if that is the outcome she and her family should be liable for the cost of retrofitting.

Not gonna happen, but it's be just.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Yeah, let's blame the manufacturer. That seems progressive... Maybe we should make them install a video camera on each quart of ice cream they sell too. Maybe a GPS tracker as well so we know it hasn't been purchased, taken home, tampered with & returned to the store. When is it enough security?

Maybe we should just expect civilized behavior in a society such as ours and when people act like this we punish them harshly as they deserve.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

And what do your suggest? Expect people to be responsible for their own behavior? To bear the consequences of their actions?

You sound like some kind of heartless right-wing Brut!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If you went out and found 100 homeless people, people REALLY living on the streets with very poor hygiene and likely diseased then gave them all an ice cream cone and allow them to eat it. How many would gladly take a lick from each of those cones w/ no worries what so ever?

I'd rather have my dog lick my ice cream cone than many people. I know my dog doesn't have some nasty disease and he goes to the doggy dentist at least 2x a year (plus weekly home sessions).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join