It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poverty is Not An Accident

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mystery_Lady

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for the reply. I like the overall information and education he is presenting. I really really dislike trying to use that information to get into the passive income class. I feel that a lot of problems facing us are due to greed at all cost, maybe even directly tying into the retier class (passive income).

If everyone can't be in the passive income/earner class, doesn't that make it a scam? Basically a pyramid scheme.

If a person's income/money stream is dependent on another person's ignorance or financial stupidity, could there be something wrong with that ideology? Or is the truth that this is a dog eat dog world and all is good in pursuit of personal wealth?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
If gaining wealth was simply a matter of education, could we all be part of the passive income/earning class?

Would that even work? If not, why not?

Does the passive income sector exist off of the other 2 listed classes of earners?

This is a good question I would like to see someone address.
Can everyone exist on passive income in this country, would it work?

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You can't get passive wealth to work for you in the manner the wealthy do without re-introducing it back into society. The whole idea is to have assets where others are working and generating the money off your investment. You own the factory, etc., but others work it/operate it for you. You are the owner of the rental unit, but you don't bother to be the landlord. You hire someone else to manage all that for you.

That's passive income.

Without the tenants who gain somewhere to live and the managers and others who work your properties, you gain nothing from owning those units. So, yes, your tenants and employees are gaining from your investment as none of them have the money to own for themselves and your investment into the property affords them a means to a living one way or another.

Keeping all your wealth stored away aka Scrooge McDuck in his money vault makes nothing for anyone from the top on down.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Not everyone needs or wants to be in that class. And I know you think I'm nuts for saying that, but what I mean is that not everyone needs that much wealth in that way. Of course, we're all greedy so we all think we do, but most of us can be happy so long as we realize economic comfort in the sense that we feel we have what we need or could have what we need. By the time you break into that level, you're well beyond it. It takes a special kind of drive to work your way that high up.

In a sense, many small business owners who sink their own capital into a business are in the passive wealth class, but they spend longer hours than their employees do because many small businesses are passion projects for years that may never take off and really succeed to the level of what many are thinking. But because you've sunk your liquid wealth into the business infrastructure, my understanding is that a small business owner who continues to roll the lion's share of his or her own liquid wealth, earned wealth back into their business would be working on that passive wealth factor.

For many, it only really starts to pay off after long, long years of incredibly long hours.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't think you are nuts. Even when I disagree with your thoughts and opinions, I try to see things from your viewpoint and usually end up learning something I hadn't thought of before. But I will try not to get my nose too brown here.

I do understand that certain people don't possess the drive or possibly the facilities to become their own boss and would rather just grind out a 40 hr work week to make a living. I also understand business owners that build their franchise from the ground up and that if they didn't have a reward waiting at the end of that road, we would be in serious trouble for any type of independent business developments, which then provide jobs.

I was treading down the path of the insta wealthy. Those oligarchical families that have great stores of wealth generations old, that retain their wealth simply through the ownership of stuff. Stuff that others need to access to simply exist, such as land or access to waterways. Maybe even 'gasp' things that are very important to a society in order to function.

I was trying to approach this from a different angle but it basically boils down to the question 'Is concentrated wealth good for a society/community'? Maybe there are different brackets within 'concentrated wealth' that should be viewed independent from each other.

Just trying to entertain the notion that maybe trickle down economics is a load of $hit. I'm hopefully not approaching this debate from the position of envy but one of what if. What if our economy operated on different principles? What if we actually cared about how wealth was obtained in a moral society? What if we could get rid of usury. What if we could stabilize our fiat so it couldn't be created out of thin air? What if those who prepare for retirement had the option to simply save a portion of their salary, instead of being forced into risky investments simply to keep up with inflation?

Slippery road, I know. Best intentions causing ruin for everyone....I know. But ..... what if?

edit on 6-7-2019 by ClovenSky because: clarity

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Look, you have a better understanding of how it all works. But your focused on an unrealistic goal of bringing everyone into an equal level. That will never happen because people are not all equal. Some people are busted in the head, and would prefer to spend every last resource they have self destructing. Others can only focus on taking what others have.
A big factor in what's messing things up is a desire to attain the status easily.

People think being rich is easy. Gaining wealth is easier than keeping it . But they both require monumental effort and drive. Ambition is the key, and ambition is not something that can be taught in a game, a book, a 2 hour seminar or even in a semester of college. It has to be present in your heart, and there has to be a willingness to sacrifice everything to see it all through.

Ambition is key. Also many people confuse having goals as ambition, they are not the same . You can write goals down and forgot them from day to the next, ambition is an investment of every fiber of your being to succeed.

.... End transmission
edit on 7-7-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

The rich and successful will always claim that either wealth or poverty are simply choices people make in life.

However; such simplistic analysis of life and that conclusion, is based on little more than a lack of experience at the business of living life.

If only life was that easy and that simplistic.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
With a Fiat currency system there are special people who can create money out of thin air. It is a power pyramid (Ponzi) scheme and the power and resources never trickles down.

1. The ruling class. The people who have special abilities allowed only to them that makes them able to manipulate the whole pyramid. < 0.01%

2. The administration class. The people who administrate and creates stories for the masses below to make the system fair no mater how insane it is. These people divert attention away from the unfairness of the 1. Many of people in 2 is believed to have power by the masses but are only puppets on strings. < 1%. Politicians, Think tanker owners, Media owners, some celebrities. Bill gates, Warren Buffet, George Soros are perfect examples of the administration class.

3. The serfs. 98%. The people who produce real things that are needed for the system. A owner of small/medium company is in this category. Just because you have other serfs doing what you tell them to keep try to keep efficiency up do not mean you have any real power. Including Military, Journalists, Farmers.

The way you create a pawn like Warren Buffet or George Soros is that you give them unlimited fiat credit/money at 0% while everyone else do get expensive credit. Then you allow the pawn to buy up companies. You put all the companies in low profit level with debt/interest payment to holding company so no profits (tax). The monopolies/oligopolies created will make sure the pawn corner the market.
edit on 7-7-2019 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
"Poverty is not an accident"

Correct.

It is a requirement of salvation. And a choice of the chosen.

But equally it is a punishment for the already dammed.

Contadictive and tricky right. Lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I understand that not everyone could be in the passive class and not just due to the system imploding long before we even reached 50% of the population being in the category, but because of the people themselves.

I am not trying to argue for everyone being the same or giving everyone equality of finances, I understand that to be a pipe dream and not reality. I am arguing for the possibility of removing the parasites. Removing inflation. Removing the fiat free money stream to the .01% closest to the tap. Making savings a valid option for retirement because without inflation, it is possible. And in my wildest dreams, removing finance and wickedness it contains. Without finance, people would regain a portion of their freedom from the vampires. Maybe even realize the possibility that those that don't want to be wealthy or succeed in our warped society, they could simply work a 20 hour unskilled job and be able to provide shelter and food plus some entertainment. They could put away maybe even a meager 2% of their income for retirement and realize it in comfort because of the lack of inflation.

I don' understand why we idolize the passive wealthy at the cost of our freedom.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, I mean you know the first point of money creation from nothing are electronic fund's transfers. The fees associated with each transaction are created from nothing but withdrawn from the account receiving funds. Fractional reserve means there institution only needs 10% of what they actually loan on deposit.

Basically clever marketing, and the consumers' choice to make life more convenient has given the banisters the power. Every individual gives these class of human their power by way of desiring to shave a few seconds off their purchase for their ever more complicated life, made more complicated by their desire to stay connected to a number of digital or electronic communication and entertainment gadgets many or most of which are additional bills which will be paid electronically and create more fictional money from thin air, perpetuati g the cycle of loani g out ten times what is on deposit.

This is currently the way the system increases in power. One way of enacting a true paradigm shift is for at least one in five consumers to commit to stop purchasing with digital means. Physically withdraw the real money, pay for as much as possible with real money, and accept whenever possible physical delivery of real money. But the moment that is offered with a solution, the angry masses trip over themselves with excuses why that is impossible or totally inconvenient.

It was only possible for all of human history until the last twenty years. But now, the youngsters just say it is literally impossible, that they would literally die a slow death for paying with cash, assuming they are lucky enought to not be robbed just holding cash because they believe the scent of it can be picked up by thugs like a drop of blood in the ocean. Lures sharks.

What scares me is how much young adults and teenagers actually are afraid of cash. The presence of it will even suddenly fill them with fear and paranoia, and they desperately seek some, any other responsible entity to protect their labor from the world. I love th latest excus s "oh I will lose it or spend it all pretty quick"
How about grow the # up and learn to be responsible with money???

Sorry, I was ranting at the generation of my peers. Now everyone is chasing crypto currency as the next get rich quick scheme and the future of currency, all the while forgetting that the goal of greedy power is the ability to track your money and disappear it at a moment's hint of rebellion with the push of a button.

How can anyone fuel a revolution if the rulers can just push a few buttons and rescind all resources available for it in the blink of an eye?? Not even a need to send in the jack boots to crack skulls. Just turn all the balances to zero, with a little disclaimer sayi g assets were seized. Due to connections to subversive/terrorist activity.

We all have them this power voluntarily when we chose to make shopping a little bit easier. We can all take it back too, one person at a time by simply consciously choosing to stop giving them that specific power.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There are things that school teaches children. This is one of the things that we all should teach our children ourselves if school does not.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

THE ULTIMATE HYPOCRITE: ROBERT KIYOSAKI AND HIS COMPANY’S BANKRUPTCY

thecollegeinvestor.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Small business owners who work long hours are not in the passive income. In one book he had four quadrants. The first two were working for someone else. The second was working for yourself as in owing a business but you are putting the work in yourself. The second two are the portifolio income and passive income.

The business owner to get into passive income would need employees, managers, and supervisors, and maybe even a ceo. Then he/she doesn't have to put in any work if he/she doesn't want to.

The difference being having to work, and not having to work.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Let's be honest, not everyone is capable of being a CEO, or owning a business(es), or running an apartment complex, etc. And that's okay. If we forced them into that role it would result in predictable failure. I personally am happy just working my little middle class IT job and nothing more. I don't want to be a CEO.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Learn the skills of savings and investment. Your savings won't get you high, but when you do ... it definitely does.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Lack of financial wisdom is a problem in the USA. It's clearly a culture of 50k loan for a car, credit card debt a mile high, etc etc. Dave Ramsey has made millions basically telling people to cut up their credit cards and save their money. And he's not the only one. That cycle can be broken in a short period, say 5 years, for most people who are willing to have a job or two and stick with it. Once you are debt free and have 10k in the bank life is much different.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join