It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Robinson Faces Up To Two Years In Prison After Judges Rule Him In Contempt Of Court

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I have a feeling in 10 to 15 years a lot of those screaming to take down "that dirty tommy" are going to wonder if they jailed(and likely subsequently sentenced to death) a monster or a patriot.

Well, I'm off to pay my propaganda tv license.

There's no question about it. He's neither a monster nor a patriot. He's just a hate filled racist.

Hahahahahahahaha, you pay TV licence money to the Biased Broadcating Corporation, you mug, hahahahahahahahaha....

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Another one

Somehow these people equate opposition of Islam, with ‘racism’

Clown World indeed

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: jd0Fengland
when people let their political agenda get in the way of common sense, justice and ethics theres no point they really are a lost soul, im out

Yes and you've just described Christopher Yaxley-Lennon, well done, so you do know what kind of cretin he is after all...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1
Mohamed06shake yet again defending Islam.

Come on man. Just come out of the closet.

Can you quote where he defended Islam? I know this is still a pretty short discussion but I must have missed that.

Oh wait, you're of the mind that anyone opposed to Yaxley-Lennon is a Muslim or an Islamic Extremist Sympathiser? Does that mean it's ok for me to think all Yaxley-Lennon fanboys are knuckle dragging racists who are easily fooled? Because I do...
edit on 6/7/19 by djz3ro because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: jd0Fengland

Tommy's politics amount to hatred towards Muslims.

His agenda is his own.

With any luck, Tommy will be out soon also, for a few months anyway.

Hatred toward Muslims (or rather, hatred toward Islam itself) is not even remotely related to ‘racism’

I’d love to know how opposing Islam could ever be construed as ‘racist’

Please do tell. A billion Hindus would love to hear that explanation.

The MAJORITY of muslims are most definitely NOT middle eastern nor Arabic nor Persian. Muslims are white people. Black people. Asian people and even SOME muslims, SOME of them are middle eastern.

Opposing Islam is ‘racist’ how??

He started the idiotic and racist English Defence League, that's proof enough for me of his racist beliefs...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Another one

Clown World indeed

Another one, since I'm not the only other person in this discussion so far not in love with Yaxley-Lennon other than the OP, you must mean me? Let's play a fun game, quote where I said it was racist to oppose Islam?

Clown World, is that where Tommy and all his followers come from, yeah?
edit on 6/7/19 by djz3ro because: Spelling again, my phone doesn't like the word "quote"

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: jd0Fengland

Tommy's politics amount to hatred towards Muslims.

His agenda is his own.

With any luck, Tommy will be out soon also, for a few months anyway.

Hatred toward Muslims (or rather, hatred toward Islam itself) is not even remotely related to ‘racism’

I’d love to know how opposing Islam could ever be construed as ‘racist’

Please do tell. A billion Hindus would love to hear that explanation.

The MAJORITY of muslims are most definitely NOT middle eastern nor Arabic nor Persian. Muslims are white people. Black people. Asian people and even SOME muslims, SOME of them are middle eastern.

Opposing Islam is ‘racist’ how??

He started the idiotic and racist English Defence League, that's proof enough for me of his racist beliefs...

Well that’s true.
I agree with you there.

people who call others racist for opposing Islam are extremely idiotic and easily fooled.
Obviously, you’re not one of them.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Another one

Clown World indeed

Another one, since I'm not the only other person in this discussion so far not in love with Yaxley-Lennon other than the OP, you must mean me? Let's play a fun game, quite where I said it was racist to oppose Islam?

I’m not a follower. But I don’t think ALL his followers support his beliefs, I think he has a following of a number of people who happen to agree with his stance against Islam. Which is understandable. They probably know nothing of his edl past

I did mean you but I was mistaken about your motives.

Opposing Islam is most definitely the right thing to do. In every society on earth.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Funny thing is... the BBC did exactly this to Cliff Richard.

In fact he started a campaign this week to keep the identities of convicts secret until proven guilty.

Maybe the journalist who released Cliff’s name will now go to jail?

Oh wait...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It really is a shame that the only ‘public figures’ we have exposing the extreme hate, intolerance and supremacist cult of Islam are somewhat ‘questionable’ at best.

Wouldn’t it be good if the media, academia, government and the general public treated this hateful ideology in EXACTLY the same way we treat nazism, the kkk and all other hateful ideologies?

Instead, we have Tommy fricken Robinson

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Pathetic...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I am not. I had a run in with some members of the EDL in the lovely, picturesque village of Wymswold when I was working as Crew at the Glastonbudget Festival, it was more a battle of wits than anything and it was very much me against 3 unarmed men in that respect. I learned a fair bit about them and they learned, if they really wanted to stand up for the rights of all Britons, was to change their name from the English Defense League.

Funnily enough, later that year the Scottish Defence league was founded and they EDL knuckle draggers I spoke to had been telling me they stood up for the rights of us Scots too, which is what prompted me to ask why they weren't called the British Defense League and walked away to the sound of crickets, scratching heads and the odd "umm" and "err", it was a beautiful moment...
edit on 6/7/19 by djz3ro because: Forgot an /

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

They’re probably still wondering what you meant.

I can see where you get the ‘knuckle draggers’ from!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

Funny thing is... the BBC did exactly this to Cliff Richard.

In fact he started a campaign this week to keep the identities of convicts secret until proven guilty.

Maybe the journalist who released Cliff’s name will now go to jail?

Oh wait...

The person who dragged Cliff's name through the mud should be punished to the full extent of the law if he's guilty of a crime...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Another one

Clown World indeed

Another one, since I'm not the only other person in this discussion so far not in love with Yaxley-Lennon other than the OP, you must mean me? Let's play a fun game, quite where I said it was racist to oppose Islam?

I’m not a follower. But I don’t think ALL his followers support his beliefs, I think he has a following of a number of people who happen to agree with his stance against Islam. Which is understandable. They probably know nothing of his edl past

I did mean you but I was mistaken about your motives.

Opposing Islam is most definitely the right thing to do. In every society on earth.

I do agree with you and I myself am guilty of assuming that people who are against Islam, in these threads are fans of Tommy (though a number are).

I have a couple of friends who are Muslim and I don't oppose them or their beliefs, every Muslim friend I've ever had was good people. I can't distrust everyone of the Muslim faith because I have first hand experience that they can be trusted.

Actually I have a healthy distrust for every organised religion in the world but I have a healthy respect for people and I can see the good in almost everyone and would never let a few bad apples spoil the whole crop of humanity for me...

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   

They’re probably still wondering what you meant.

I can see where you get the ‘knuckle draggers’ from!

I actually didn't think such low brow oeople existed outside of comedy sketches to be fair

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Oh they’re out there.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   

It really is a shame that the only ‘public figures’ we have exposing the extreme hate, intolerance and supremacist cult of Islam are somewhat ‘questionable’ at best.

Wouldn’t it be good if the media, academia, government and the general public treated this hateful ideology in EXACTLY the same way we treat nazism, the kkk and all other hateful ideologies?

Instead, we have Tommy fricken Robinson

I really don't think it's fair to tar all of one faith because of the actions of a few. Are all Christians fair game because of Adam Lanza, James Holmes and Stephen Paddock?

After I realised i wasn't actually a Christian i studied a few different religions and i actually read the Qur'an a couple of times, the bible is every bit as violent in regard to non-believers or deniers. The book itself doesn't inspire terrorist attacks, like the bible it's people misrepresenting the words that leads to twisted ideologies that are used to enslave or hurt others.

Your average UK muslim doesn't want Sharia Law, for example....

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

No. Not the actions of a few. But the teachings of it’s prophet.

It’s not ‘muslims’ that I see as an issue, it’s ‘islam’, the ideology.

I don’t dislike nazism because of the actions of a few, or because of the actions of the many. But because of its core beliefs and it’s message.

Hate. Intolerance. Supremacy. Total world domination. Etc. that’s the message I see when I read the Quran

I think islam is a terrible terrible thing, even though there are many ‘good people’ who follow it.

I also think christianity is a terrible thing and is responsible for the regression of human development following the fall of Rome.

I don’t want to see the same thing happen due to the overbearing restrictions that come with ALL islamic-run nations.

Even without sharia, extreme oppression is the way of Islam.

But, the beauty about earth is, we all get to have opinions. And that’s all mine is, just my opinion.

I have never treated a ‘muslim’ any differently than I treat any other person. I just treat them as a person. How they treat me depends on how I, in turn, treat them.

Wherever you find Islam you find oppression of women, of gays, of ALL things. ALL things. Islam is most definitely not the way forward and I suppose the real reason why I’m vocal about it is because there is a disgusting viewpoint in our society that says ‘you can NOT criticise islam’, which is a very dangerous viewpoint indeed.

ALL of those religions and hateful ideologies must be EQUALLY open to criticism
edit on 6 7 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Wherever you find Islam you find oppression of women, of gays, of ALL things.

This is of course true. No arguing. It's also a fact that these sex gangs that abuse women and girls are almost exclusively Muslim men.

However, that is not an excuse for potentially disrupting a criminal trial. There is a danger of getting diverted by Yaxley-Lennon aka Tommy Robinson's politics and/or the religion/culture of the people involved. What we have here is a criminal offence and Yaxley-Lennon has been found guilty. He could have been trying to disrupt a criminal trial of sheep rustling, but the offence is the same.

Attorney General

Today, the High Court found Yaxley-Lennon to be in contempt of court. Sentencing will take place at a later date. Speaking after the hearing, the Attorney General said:
> Posting material online that breaches reporting restrictions or risks prejudicing legal proceedings is a very serious matter and this is reflected in the Court’s decision today.
>I would urge everyone to think carefully about whether their social media posts could amount to contempt of court.

edit on 6/7/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join