It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blames 'airports' gaffe on teleprompter.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

During his (Trump's) "Salute to America" speech at the Lincoln Memorial on Thursday, he was talking about the year 1775 when he said: "Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do."

Explaining away the slip-up on Friday, Mr Trump also said it was hard to read the teleprompter in the rain.

I've been doing some pretty intense study of the American Revolution of late, but I was not aware that superior air power factored into it.

What do they say? It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Totes agree yo. He should totally be impeached. Literally.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If only he could be more like Obama....
What a gifted orator he was and so mindful of tradition....

edit on 5-7-2019 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

This is such a nothing burger. Really....nothing. Slips of the tongue are hilarious though.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Guy is in front of a million people behind bulletproof glass, it's raining and his mind interprets "port" as "airport" as he is reading from a teleprompter.

Z. O. M. F. G.

The cities and streets of America should be on fire right now with people fighting the good fight to get rid of this monster!!!!

/facepalm

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools?

One problem with your statement. Trump is not a poor craftsman and he really did have issues with the rain and the teleprompter. He was probably mentally focused on trying to see through it at that moment and slipped. You don't actually think he thought there were airports back then, do you? Use logic and common sense.

edit on 5-7-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The glass wouldn't have been necessary if there wasn't a plot uncovered 😎

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So Trump DOES read from a teleprompter! I thought reading from a teleprompter was a bad thing? I mean Obama did it!

But seriously, this tabloid garbage is what's turning America into a country full of drama queens and hypocrites. Who effing cares? This is the kind of crap we've been arguing about ever since the inauguration crowd size BS.

They've really knocked people down a few notches when it comes to reason and logic these past few years. Everything is a pissing contest where both sides try to convince themselves that they're any better than the other side. They're the same.
edit on 7/5/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

During his (Trump's) "Salute to America" speech at the Lincoln Memorial on Thursday, he was talking about the year 1775 when he said: "Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do."

Explaining away the slip-up on Friday, Mr Trump also said it was hard to read the teleprompter in the rain.

I've been doing some pretty intense study of the American Revolution of late, but I was not aware that superior air power factored into it.

What do they say? It's a poor craftsman that blames his tools?

Wait.......what?

Seriously though, it is funny, but not a big deal, IMO.

The conditions were far from perfect, and It's not like it was some off the cuff remark. He was reading the prompter, and I know I read thing wrong at times. I suspect everyone does. When it happens to me, and my brain says "hmmm, that can't be right", I re-read the sentence. He obviously didn't have that option.

I wasn't a big Obammy fan, but I never held the 57 states gaffe against him.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

It probably was hard. If I wanted a good speaker that would sound so great running the country into the ground I would vote Obama back. I am more interested in the economy though.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is such a non-story. You'd have to be touched in the head to expect the moron in chief to have any idea about anything that hasnt affected him personally.

This is the same guy who refuses to exercise because he believes the body has a finite amount of energy.

Lmao.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Not to sure ramming ramparts is a good idea either , air force or not.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So Trump DOES read from a teleprompter! I thought reading from a teleprompter was a bad thing? I mean Obama did it!

But seriously, this tabloid garbage is what's turning America into a country full of drama queens and hypocrites. Who effing cares? This is the kind of crap we've been arguing about ever since the inauguration crowd size BS.

They've really knocked people down a few notches when it comes to reason and logic these past few years. Everything is a pissing contest where both sides try to convince themselves that they're any better than the other side. They're the same.

" drama queens and hypocrites"

Sounds like they are following suit with Obama. He is the biggest drama Queen that ever set foot in the oval office

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So Trump DOES read from a teleprompter! I thought reading from a teleprompter was a bad thing?

The issue with Obama was his inability to coherently communicate, let alone speak without gaffs, when his teleprompter cut out.

is a bit more of a refined manner of dealing with teleprompter issues than this

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If they are the same, how come even moderately fiscal conservative Presidents and Congressmen make the American economy better, yet liberal/Progressive ones make it worse?

Trump, Reagan, Kennedy...

Perhaps you should take the time to read up on what Progressives are and how they are a part of both parties.

It may solve your apparent confusion on the subject.

edit on 5-7-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Should we shoot him now or wait for impeachment over an error in his speech?

(My God, can we possibly somehow get over this kind of childish crapola already?)

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Look man, I bought the first one because its totally plausible, but that 2nd one is totes photoshop.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

dearest mary,

today was a bad day, the red coats took the high ground behind the customs desk. we were forced to take shelter at the united terminal, they charged us over the luggage conveyor at noon.
the smell of cinnabon will forever haunt me.

love charles.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join