It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China warns Philippines to prepare for WAR if Manila drills for oil in South China Sea

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Justoneman
You may not realize it but we have plenty of oil in the US.

Why do we still import oil?

Congress has to (or possibly already has) change the law that allows the export of oil from the US.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That still wouldn't effect our need to import oil.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What would the US do? Would we go to war over the Philippines?

Do we have any kind of treaty with them?

I know we have one with Japan, I think

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Ask Iran what happens when you're on top of US oil. Iran will be able to tell you shortly as well.

Let's stay on topic of the Philippines, Iran's nuclear ambitions have no relevance here.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yes, Trump respecting the Philippine people voted in Duterte has gone a long way to repairing the damage.

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
What would the US do? Would we go to war over the Philippines?

Do we have any kind of treaty with them?

I know we have one with Japan, I think

Depends on whether want to honor our treaties. We have a defense treaty. It states nations must try to work things out diplomatically, which the Philippines has done in international court. It states they can not be the aggressor. Drilling for oil in their internationally recognized territory is not an aggressive action.

So, I would 100% support war if China attacked. It honestly seems like a fated course of action that at some point the war will happen. I truly hope otherwise, I also truly hope if it does happen it is sooner rather than later. The only alternative I can see is the economic turmoil in China collapses the government before war breaks out.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The US and China will fight, it is almost statistically assured. It's called a Thucydides Trap.

Destined for War - by Graham Allison. That book will very accurately explain the situation and the ways it will lead to war.

I am moving back to the US from China for some of those reasons in the book and that god-emperor Xi is borderline insane. There will be blood on the streets of HK this year and shooting war between China and another country in the next 2 years.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Let's stay on topic of the Philippines, Iran's nuclear ambitions have no relevance here.

I'm talking about oil, not nukes. When the US sees poor helpless oil being oppressed it will freedom the **** out of it. The oil under the South US Sea is just fine.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Again, the topic is China and the Philippines. Whatever it is you want to talk about make a thread for it please and keep it out of this one.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Isn't oil an integral part of this subject, since China says it will go to war over them trying to find it?

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Isn't oil an integral part of this subject, since China says it will go to war over them trying to find it?

Oil in the Philippines, what does that have to do with Iran and America in the Middle East? Anyone that wishes to discuss oil in the Middle East is welcome to make a thread on it.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Again, the topic is China and the Philippines. Whatever it is you want to talk about make a thread for it please and keep it out of this one.

Maybe you think the United States is going to sit on the sidelines, I'm not that naïve.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Just to add that the USA and the Philipines have a Mutual Defense Treaty, signed back in the 1950's and enhanced and reiterated in recent years. If Chia start to push the Phillipines about then that will involve the US.

posted on Jul, 8 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Just to add that the USA and the Philipines have a Mutual Defense Treaty, signed back in the 1950's and enhanced and reiterated in recent years. If Chia start to push the Phillipines about then that will involve the US.

The US will never get involved over this because it has nothing to do with oil.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Yes, Trump respecting the Philippine people voted in Duterte has gone a long way to repairing the damage.

Agreed... Also I think China is underestimating Trump. Recently an arms package is in the works for Taiwan which includes tanks etc. Items China was always able to block in the past. The President of Taiwan is also supposed to visit the US, which again is pissing China off.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Past Presidents have been too afraid of China and let China dictate terms despite the US having the upper hand. I just hope Trump is not too little too late.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join