It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Insurrection Act -- it is WAY PAST TIME for Trump to use it...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Last I checked, he was the first President ever in North Korea working on creating peace de-escalating tensions with their communist dictator.

But sure, keep drinking that kool-aid.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Visiting ESB

Wow, someone's triggered. Did you get out of bed on the wrong side of the bed? I'm fairly sure illegal immigrants aren't committing insurrection. It could be argued that those who are labelled Anti.Fa could be classed as insurrectionists but not to the extent that warrants the overreaction you suggest.

In short, no, just no...

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Visiting ESB

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: olaru12

Trump has worked harder to fulfill his campaign promises than any president in my lifetime.

I'm sure he'll get around to finishing them all during his second term.

Can't wait to see the gloves come off after 2020.

ETA: Didn't she have to cancel her tour since no one showed up for it?

Must be real hard for her now, what with all those (bribes) "donations" no longer flowing into the Clinton Foundation from all those foreign countries.

I actually hope you're right. I voted for him and haven't seen any real progress on the big promises. The Democrats running now are a huge joke. I can't imagine this country being led by any one of them. But at the same time, the disappointments that Trump has created seriously concern me. Thus far, with only a few exceptions, he has failed.

It's refreshing to see a Trump voter who is honest about the thing this Pres. has and hasn't achieved. Many round here are so blindly following him they can't see what you can't.

Aa an outside observer who understands America's place on the world stage I didn't want you to vote in the Donald or the Hillary, whover was voted in, I wanted to be proved wrong, Trump proved me right...

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: sunkuong

Last I checked, he was the first President ever in North Korea working on creating peace de-escalating tensions with their communist dictator.

But sure, keep drinking that kool-aid.

I for one was shocked at that, until I thought about, really it's all part and parcel with him being a businessman and PR expert. If this does lead to peace on the Korean peninsula then i for one will applaud him for it, it won't make him any less deplorable though.

Many of us in Scotland hated Trump for his bully boy tactics when acquiring land and trying to push the government about to setup his Golf Resort...

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

We didn't elect him because he's a nice guy, we elected him because he gets sh!t done.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

Wow, someone's triggered. Did you get out of bed on the wrong side of the bed? I'm fairly sure illegal immigrants aren't committing insurrection. It could be argued that those who are labelled Anti.Fa could be classed as insurrectionists but not to the extent that warrants the overreaction you suggest.

In short, no, just no...

dailycaller.com...

"President Donald Trump is planning on using the Insurrection Act to remove illegal immigrants from the United States, The Daily Caller has learned.

According to multiple senior administration officials, the president intends to invoke the “tremendous powers” of the act to remove illegal immigrants from the country.

“We’re doing the Insurrection Act,” one official said.

Under the Insurrection Act of 1807, the president has the authority to use the National Guard and military in order to combat “unlawful obstruction or rebellion” within U.S. borders. The act was last invoked in 1992 by George H.W. Bush to quell the Los Angeles riots, and was also used by Eisenhower in 1957 to enforce school desegregation in the south."

www.theatlantic.com...

edit on 5-7-2019 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Visiting ESB
The Insurrection Act provides for the following:

"Whenever the President considers that unlawful obstructions, combinations, or assemblages, or rebellion against the authority of the United States, make it impracticable to enforce the laws of the United States in any State by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings, he may call into Federal service such of the militia of any State, and use such of the armed forces, as he considers necessary to enforce those laws or to suppress the rebellion."

10 U.S. Code § 252. Use of militia and armed forces to enforce Federal authority

Trump is completely within his authority to use the IA to enforce federal immigration law as well as anti-terrorist laws. He can, and should, use it against illegal immigrants and Antifa. Nothing stops him but HIM.

He could deport ALL of the illegals if he had the courage to do so. He doesn't need Congress' approval. He doesn't need the courts' approval. He doesn't need ANYONE'S approval. He just needs the guts to DO IT!

He could also put a quick and definitive END TO ANTIFA. These little worthless #s are going to bring us to civil war. But Trump could end that NOW with the Insurrection Act.

He said in May that he would use it against illegals to deport them. We are still waiting for that to happen. The much talked about round up has not happened. We are still waiting, as we are for other promises to be kept.

Antifa is of course a violent, hate-filled terrorist organization and yet we are...

..waiting...

That was then...This is now...Federal judges now make law instead of Congress...

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Shaking hands and photo op. What lasting impact will that have which you can see that i cannot?
Im sure koolaid is fine. Dont drink it myself. I prefer OJ
edit on 5-7-2019 by sunkuong because: Update about kool aid

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: watchitburn

I prefer OJ

I bet you do.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: abe froman

Lot of hard work on the golf course. I dont agree he's working hard on anything else. If he is, its not very visible

www.whitehouse.gov...

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
why stop there? you should also have a Special Force whose job it is to stop people on street corners and check their citizenship papers [which it will be a jailable offence not to have on you at all times]. Also any drinks you have on you will be pH tested on the spot and if you have a milkshake it's straight into the gulag with you!

Even then all you poor little snowflakes will be shaking in your booties but at least it's a start towards the world you want.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: olaru12

Yep, and I can still hear the "lock her up" chants. Even with trumps hand picked AG, no indictments, as Clinton travels around the country on a book signing tour.

I fail to see your point through all the ignorance
This is not about Hillary Clinton

OH YES IT IS...kILLARY REPRESENTS THE ROT...THE EVIL...THE MURDER AND DECIET....Killary ordered/enabled the mass murder at Waco to assist in setting up 2 Secret Service Agents who had inside knowledge of Bills philandering and who were going to spill the beans...Killarys friends had them transferred then sent to Waco where Govt. Employees shot and killed them to silence them...Waco was a cover to protect killaries reputation and her husbands presidency....she did the dirty and it cost the lives OF INNOCENT MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN....killary should be in Gitmo right now waiting for her turn .You will know America is healing when she is held accountable....THE EVIL THING.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Yep, and I can still hear the "lock her up" chants. Even with trumps hand picked AG, no indictments, as Clinton travels around the country on a book signing tour.

I fail to see your point through all the ignorance
This is not about Hillary Clinton

I know, It's about trump not living up to his campaign promises. You can't see the connection? Read the OP again....

I believe it was about invoking "The Insurrection Act"
Invoking this was not a Trump campaign promise
So , your point is moot.

posted on Jul, 7 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
why stop there? you should also have a Special Force whose job it is to stop people on street corners and check their citizenship papers [which it will be a jailable offence not to have on you at all times]. Also any drinks you have on you will be pH tested on the spot and if you have a milkshake it's straight into the gulag with you!

Even then all you poor little snowflakes will be shaking in your booties but at least it's a start towards the world you want.

And that is where you let your ignorance show
Dang .

Denying ignorance .
Why ?
Some folks need it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join