It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Big Battles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I was reading a history about the small conflict between El Salvador and Honduras back around 1970

it occurs to me that there have been very, very few traditional wars since Vietnam. I mean wars with set battles.]
1973 Israel
Iraq/Iran
Iraq/USA

have there been any other big wars? between countries? with what might be called real battles?

I know China and Vietnam have had 'border clashes', as I think India and Pakistan
am I missing something?

is the era of international wars with big battles over?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero
The Falklands- though this was never a formally declared war, and the news reports, from memory, always called it a "crisis".
Many inter-ethnic wars in Africa, but the maintenance of the old colonial borders means that they are usually disguised as "civil war". E.g. the rebellion of southern Sudan against northern Sudan, and the long campaign against the regime in Rhodesia.
The existence of the United Nations and the great alliance systems have made countries reluctant to be seen to be starting big wars. Also there are more indirect ways of doing it, like proxy warfare and cyber-warfare.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

The USA with it's war first foreign policy will provide you another war soon enough.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yay!! Our favorite pro-America fan!! If it’s pissing on the USA then the Alien Buddhists down! reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Is it the poor people who benifit from war? Maybe to some degree if they are on the winning side. But it is the rich who win the most, or, lose the most.

So I would say that it is the rich who push for wars. They finance them and the profit from them.

Those big wars taught those rich people, the capitalists that ''big wars'' were no longer profitable to them as the power of weapons has grown so unmerciful that to devestate large areas of the major industrial countries would hurt not only the loosers but the winners as well as the money they would need to rebuild, like after WWII would be to great.

So now, those rich people only orchestrate ''small wars'' fighting over smaller turf and resources.

There is no profit in ''big wars'' any more.

At least that is my immediate thinking.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   

It's 2019. No country fights a war it might lose.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
war has gotten very expensive. the 100 Hour War (El Salvador / Honduras) ended when both sides basically ran out of ammo.

I remember reading about the 1973 Arab/Israeli war and both sides were asking for more supplies (from USSR and USA respectively).
one reason Israel won was that the Nixon people airlifted tons of ammo and goods to Israel.

back in say the US 'Civil War' (misnamed) the soldiers needed a shirt and a rifle and bullets and biscuits.
modern soldiers need automatic weapons, night scopes, body armor, etc etc.

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The USA with it's war first foreign policy will provide you another war soon enough.

Sorry we coudlnt understand you with that communist binky in your mouth, could you please reword this?

PS do you wear a rainbow flag hanky on your face when you protest or the standard black Antifa one?

posted on Jul, 5 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The reason why is because of the big Nuclear deterrent... any REAL "war" would just end in Nukes being dropped, so no one wants to go there.

new topics

top topics

join