It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.4 Earthquake Rocks Southern California on 4th of July

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Damage and injuries reported in Ridgecrest 😨

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thank you.
Please keep us posted.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I am wondering if that is due to the depth of a quake? More roll than shake.

Maybe, I don't know. I did hear that this a new or fairly inactive fault, that grew greatly from the quake. It sure did have a long reach. I'm near Temecula. There's two mountain ranges between us and the epicenter!

Just heard on the news that it was a "shallow" quake.

edit on 4-7-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

How would you compare it to the Northridge Earthquake? I was a first responder SAR for that one, down from the Bay Area.

Fortunately, I was in Hawaii when the Northridge quake happened.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Hey Buddy !!

Yeah, I hate to think what a 'wave on land' actually is 😬😳

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Stay safe everyone.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Wonder if there was any damage caused in the epic center? Would we even hear about it since it is a testing facility?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yup Ridgecrest is getting the worst of it. Aftershocks are migrating down to It, south from epicenter. I’m on my phone so I can’t post the pic from my app.
edit on 4-7-2019 by Observationalist because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Another possible earthquake predicted by fire department for Kern County in next 15 minutes.

Ridgecrest hospital is evacuating.
edit on 4-7-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: Corrected

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cleverhans
So I assume this is not "the big one" they've been fearing?

The "big one" is expected to be a 9.0+ -- This one may just be the beginning. A similar 6.2 hit over by British Columbia just a few hours before this one happened.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm not into the religious angle of Gods revenge, but it was funny that "California" got a wake up call on the 4th. I wonder what

Dianne Feinstein
Kamala Harris

Nancy Pelosi
Eric Swalwell
Adam Schiff
Maxine Waters

Think about a 4th of July shake up LOL LOL LOL

Tap tap tap.....................

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
We felt it here in Las Vegas

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have the southern Sierra mountains between the epicenter and my location and felt it for about 20 seconds of rolling, around a 4 pointer where I was, enough to shake pictures and mirrors hanging on the walls.

Compared to the quake at Big Bear in the 90's... we were on the road about 1 mile from the epicenter and came to a stop in the road, the suv was bounced in place so we were facing sideways to the lane, tree tops ( pine forest )were snapping and falling everywhere from the intensity of the quake. Once we drove into town, every fireplace, chimney, and brick facades were in piles.
The best part was the 600 to 800 pound rock just about a quarter mile away from town in the middle of the road that 3 men were trying to move unsuccessfully, which I rolled off the road myself. I said.." do you guys mind if I give that a try"... their attention was down at the rock, and It was the second day of a highland competition, so I was kilted...my girlfriend in the car said they first looked at my legs and kilt, then panned up to my above average height and weight, then backed away with a shocked look on their faces...one of the few time the Strong man competitions payed off in real life.
My profile pic should say it all...

P.S : The rock was lighter than the car in the profile pic

P.S.S : My fellow competitors who stayed the night in Big Bear, accused me of doing aerobics in the a.m (first quake), we stayed in Moreno valley and drove both days.
edit on 4-7-2019 by Knapperdude because: Dhooh

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I live between Inyokern and Ridgecrest and knew it was local due to it being a up and down sharp jolting lasting about 30 sec.

Due to the geothermal plants just north of Ridgecrest we get a lot of small EQs 1 to 2 mag.

Right now the after shocks are moving closer to Ridgecrest.

Most of the local stores are closed due to bottles knocked off shelves.

And we have had a couple house fires.

This was the largest EQ in the area in 100 years.
edit on 4-7-2019 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I live just north of Bakersfield and I was at work coming back from my break when it hit. It lasted a while and things on the walls were sure swaying. Not violently, but very noticeably.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Yes we usually hear extremist Muslims make that same claim about natural disasters are Allahs punishment on their enemies.
Thanks for sharing your similar thoughts 😏
edit on 4-7-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They just keep appearing on the USGS every 5-10 mins. Must be quite the activity over there right now.

I'm very curious if this is what may cause the plates to snap this weekend.. or today :O

earthquake.usgs.gov...

www.emsc-csem.org...
edit on 4-7-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: adoxxvegas
We felt it here in Las Vegas

Reba McEntire also felt it in Vegas.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

originally posted by: cleverhans
So I assume this is not "the big one" they've been fearing?

The "big one" is expected to be a 9.0+ -- This one may just be the beginning. A similar 6.2 hit over by British Columbia just a few hours before this one happened.

Slip Strike faults like those in Cali are not associated with with 9.0 + quakes, those happen on subduction zone areas, like off the coast of Washington state.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Knapperdude

It may not be right at the coast/off coast, but you never know. Could cause a chain reaction, depending on which way the aftershocks go. I'm not an expert though.

I haven't seen many "off the coast" movements/earthquakes this year near Cali. 98% of them have all been within the mid state area.

USGS shows the one today only being a few hundred miles away from the fault line across Cali.
edit on 4-7-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join