It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Split Second Insight Inside the Human Condition..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is kinda a weird story so I wasn’t sure where to put it, but I wanted to share it..

Ok so a little while ago my Boss’s son (step , but he did most of the raising..) broke his 9 months pregnant girlfriend’s nose.. apparently he punched her like a man .. full blast.

Well obviously that has been the gossip at work as the Boss was OBVIOUSLY livid.. plus since she was very pregnant, he got to make the trip to the hospital to meet the kid , when he knew her family would be there and at least partially blame him for the assault..

Well while the crew was discussing the topic I asked the lead on the construction crew what he would do in the boss's place.

To set the scene the lead is a Hispanic guy, about 29 with 2 young sons.. 1 and 3..

When I asked the lead what he would do if one of his sons did the same, I literally saw his wheels spinning..

His face kinda went white as he couldn’t help but play it all out in his mind and I saw the sense of revulsion cross over his face..

He said “I would beat his...” then he shuddered a bit and quickly changed it to “I would call the cops..”

I guess he considered calling the police worse than beating his son up and just spouted out the worst thing he could think of short of killing his own kid..

It was a super small and time wise a super short event, but I swear all the normal walls we put up around ourselves when dealing with the public fell away in that instant..

I just thought it was a weird little glimps behind the curtain per say..

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ooh...just...ooh.
No words of comfort for all involved.
You don't punch pregnant women.
I try to live by simple rules, and this is one of them.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

From your description of your friends moment of decision it sounds to me that he has the ability to reflect instead of just automatically ''reacting'' to evens. He understood his own revulsion at this act and knew his own natural inclination to immediate punishment but then his reflection kicked in and he realized a better way of dealing with the problem.

Granted, as it was put to him, it was an abstract consideration instead of a in the moment decision had it really been his son who was guilty but still he demonstrated a better notion of how to act in situations like that rather than just quickly striking out.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Beating your kid these days means going to prison.

The village is no longer responsible for its own, you're required by law to call the cops and let the messed up legal system take it from there.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So, how old was the guy who punched his wife? If it was my son who punched his wife in the face and he was over eighteen, I would grab him by the throat and lift him up against a wall, my eyes would make him scared. I would not call the cops, and I would make sure his GF saw me do that. I do not know all of what happened in this case, but I am against a man slugging or beating any woman, especially my son. I do not have a son, but if someone attacked my daughter, I would definitely go after the guy. I think the two fathers should have got together to straighten the guy out.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Early 20s... maybe 21 or 22..

Have met him but doesn’t work there or anything....

The boss did his best to convince the son to go throw himself on the mercy of her father and give him a free shot, but he wasn’t willing..

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Had this happen to a fellow workers daughter. He took a baseball bat to the boyfriend.

Boyfriend spent a few days in the hospital, dad spent a few days in jail.

Betcha that boyfriend won't ever touch that girl again.

If that happened to my daughter and she did not call the police on the guy, same would happen to him from me.

Don't mess with daddy's little girl, or suffer the consequences .

If that was my son, same thing.

Somebody didn't teach that boy right and he need's to learn a lesson.

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

For sure...

So did the daughter stay with the abuser??

Not saying he didn’t deserve the best down, but I think if relatively every woman left, it stops within a couple generations...

SEX IS THE PRIMARY MOTIVATION FOR ALL LIFE.

new topics

top topics

join