It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.L.O.W. today! ATS Problems?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Is anyone else having REALLY SLOW reactions on ATS this morning??? Ever since about 3am this morning the boards have seemed hopelessly SLOW! Not the usual bottom of the hour stuff.

It's taking like 3-4 minutes for a post to come up, and 5 minutes or longer to post a reply.

What's up???

Anyone else experiencing issues?

ETA - And Double posts galore too!
edit on 7/3/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The worst I have ever seen it. I timed how long it took to open this thread. It was 44 seconds but only after I was kicked off the sight due to a communication error and it is 58 past the hour not the 27 to 33 minute problem. Also I usually go back through thread adding stars to the people who took the time to comment... Almost impossible to give someone a star without clicking several, several, several, times and a long wait.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

yep...I was under the impression that some maintenance is being done on the servers so I endured

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I almost bailed for the day, not that anyone would care LoL

- slow isn't even the right word ... more like slllllllllooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww

getting the below OFTEN

edit on 732019 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yeah, I see the "maintenance" thread (now). Must not have gone well. I saw the times and figured this was something else.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Just since posting this thread things seemed to have improved a little.

Good news!

Update - Looks like I spoke too soon! Back to turtle slow again.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
it is extremely slow today for me.
I click a thread and wait for a minute, sometimes more for it to open

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
STILL extremely slow for me.
Took me four attempts to post this.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I just got a screen saying the servers are down come back in a few hours.
Time when I hit reply 8:53

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
time when it posted 8:59

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It's the same as before in that the issue comes in "waves", when it's working it works fast... then when it has it's "issues" it'll lock up and nothing will load until it passes. The problem is before the maintenance update the wave would only hit typically once per an hour and so it wasn't anywhere near as noticeable. Now it seems to be coming in every couple minutes, and possibly lasting longer when it does.

Hopefully it'll be resolved within the next 24 hours but depending on the cause... who knows?

I just wish they'd accept our offers to donate money to go towards the re-coding that will actually fix it for good. I know there's plenty of us that'd be willing to chip in to help keep this place going strong. Put up a crowdfunding campaign and let's get it done!

Alternatively there are many of us that also have quite a bit of coding/web development experience and might be willing to offer our expertise or at least guidance for free (me being one of them). Though I realize that's a bit more risky and probably best to generate the funds in order to pay someone they know and trust.
edit on 3/7/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Ya'll not alone. Ridiculously Sloooooow! In another thread it took ~16 minutes (starting about 08:35) to finally post. Also periodically getting ATS servers are offline.
I don't even want to touch anything at the :27 - :32 minute window.

ETA: this posted with zero hesitation.
edit on 3-7-2019 by EndtheMadnessNow because: pray

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Wow...must be some major issues.

Sic 'em, Springer! Sic 'em!

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

edit on 7/3/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: That was weird. Double posted on a 'refresh'. Wow.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Looks like the servers moved to Bluffdale Utah. Maybe this is why?

Lol

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If that were true I would think we'd have no zero latency unless their chillers went down.

Those damn gremlins causing chaos again.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Shoot, if that were the case our computers would get sucked right off our desks on a post!!

Sucked right through the wires like by a gi-mongous Dyson Cyclone vacuum!! The differential pressure between Bluffdale and the rest of the planet is like a perfect vacuum of space.

Just POOF!!

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Shoot, if that were the case our computers would get sucked right off our desks on a post!!

Sucked right through the wires like by a gi-mongous Dyson Cyclone vacuum!! The differential pressure between Bluffdale and the rest of the planet is like a perfect vacuum of space.

Just POOF!!

ETA - BTW - I'm not fixing all these doubles anymore! I'm just going to leave them, this has gotten too crazy with doubles this morning! Just about every one of my posts this morning has been a double (regardless of time).

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Blatant cover up conspiracy going on here...

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
slowest I've ever seen. I'm sure this will post by tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join