It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Gallagher found not guilty on all accounts except for taking a photo

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Since when we gaf about a terrorist some one supporting the wrong side.

I know you hate your father etc. Get over it

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Lumenari

Right, he stabbed the guy a bunch of times, that was no lie.

The guy was an enemy combatant.

I'm assuming you don't know what that means.

Ever served?

Right cupcake, show me in the regs where it says you should kill incapacitated wounded prisoners receiving treatment.

Except he didn't....

show in in ISIS, Irani, Taliban, haqqani, etc that spares soldiers from burning alive, drowning alive, beheading alive...

Yeah...

Your missing the point. You do t want to fall to there level. We don't execute prisoners of war. Well we didn't bow apparently it's ok if your a navy seal.

I was special ops and I can tell you beyond a doubt that what he did would get someone in the army a long stay in Leavenworth.

I gave you a star just for your service however I would like to know what crimes did our Navy Seal commit that would give him room and board in Leavenworth considering he was found innocent of all trumped up charges except for the picture ?

Not innuendo and fake news since the Jury found him innocent on all the publicized accounts but a factual crime that was committed ? From what I have read this all started with some of his millennial squad mates being afraid and not wanting to engage the enemy so there was almost a mutiny.. www.zerohedge.com...

Gallagher's defense portrayed him as an "old-school, hard-charging warrior" who was targeted by younger "millennial" SEALs who harbored "personal animosity" toward him.

The jury found Gallagher "not guilty of murder, not guilty of stabbing, not guilty of shooting, not guilty of all those things, they found him guilty of taking a photograph," Timothy Parlatore, one of Gallagher's lawyer's, told journalists outside the court.

www.aljazeera.com...

I was not there so I am just going on the evidence and findings of the court.. Maybe I missed something that you caught ?

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Your missing the point. You do t want to fall to there level. We don't execute prisoners of war. Well we didn't bow apparently it's ok if your a navy seal.

I was special ops and I can tell you beyond a doubt that what he did would get someone in the army a long stay in Leavenworth.

I would not have any doubt about that either. But it's hardly comparable, is it?
The teams have gone through two decades of constant warfare, extreme operational tempo and high casualty rates. Put a guy through eight combat deployments as an Operator and his experience will defy description.
The gap between soldiers like him and even fellow operators on their first or second tour would be insurmountable in my mind.
I'm not surprised in the least that unit cohesion suffered and this guys troubles eventually caught up with him.

As to what acutally happened, who knows. IMO it's highly likley he was reponsible for some ugly #. But what do you expect? 13 years of war in his case. Thats like both world wars and the Korean War combined. Our societies have no idea what we put those man through, but are quick to condem them for becoming ruthless killers. How convenient.

<< 1  2   >>

join