It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Federal Judge Rules that Asylum Seekers Can NOT Be Detained.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

They only respect the law when it helps their side.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: carewemust

Probably the same thing we have done for the rest of America’s history..

Give themselves a court date and if they don’t show up issue a warrant. From that point any interaction they have with authorities gets them arrested, and likely deported.. since they skipped their court date.

I really think people are oblivious to the actual logistics and cost involved in jailing people..it cost 40k per person, per year on average to jail an American..

I bet a child is twice that..

The problem with your idea is liberal states and cities won’t arrest them because they don’t follow the Constitution nor do they cooperate with the Federal Government so nothing you said would ever happen or matter.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: Lumenari

I’m not sure you can legally jail someone who hasn’t committed a crime, and by actually reporting at a port of entry and doing the paperwork, they haven’t committed anything resembling a crime..

Plus it only benefits them to show up for their court date.. won’t be getting asylum otherwise obviously..

So what is it called when you want to jail people who have not committed a crime.

I never knew that claiming asylum nullifies the illegal entry issue. I guess I didn't think such a law would exist in a thinking society.

Lying about your asylum status or your reason for seeking asylum to an immigration official is a crime.

Something the open borders crowd doesn't want to address.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The more people locked up, the more money rolls in to the private prison company whose board is ran by ex-Trump administration people. It shouldn't be a surprise why this administration is so gung ho to keep these people in cages. It isn't to keep you safe. It isn't because they are racists (even though they may be).

It's about money. Pure and simple. It's about maximizing the profits they make from locking other humans in cages. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Illegals cross the border and then start filing what are called "defensive" asylum claims.

The system is being scammed and manipulated.

We need a very clear law that if you enter this country illegally you can not file for asylum.

If you cross the border illegally that should be enough evidence to the court to completely deny bail.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
If I were to poop on the street in front of the State Capitol Building in Olympia would I get detained? They seem to have no respect for law so anything goes, right?

No...in Washington State it's OK. Someone else will pick it up.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Are you a criminal mastermind? Many of your posts describe well thought-out criminal schemes.
edit on 7/2/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Give themselves a court date and if they don’t show up issue a warrant. From that point any interaction they have with authorities gets them arrested, and likely deported.. since they skipped their court date.

I really think people are oblivious to the actual logistics and cost involved in jailing people..it cost 40k per person, per year on average to jail an American..

The problem with your idea is liberal states and cities won’t arrest them because they don’t follow the Constitution nor do they cooperate with the Federal Government so nothing you said would ever happen or matter.

I don't think liberal states help anyone. Illinois just raised several taxes and fees yesterday (incl 19 cents @ gallon for gas), but the new governor and liberal legislature can't say how the huge $$$ windfall will be invested back into the state.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Bond hearing that makes no sense. They couldn't afford a bond and if they could they would simply apply for citizenship. The trick to releasing someone on bond is make sure it's enough money so they return for their court date.

So question becomes how much money would it require to get illegals to show up for court?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't think liberal states help anyone. Illinois just raised several taxes and fees yesterday (incl 19 cents @ gallon for gas), but the new governor and liberal legislature can't say how the huge $$$ windfall will be invested back into the state.

They have to take from the citizens of Illinois to pay for all their new pet illegals. They don’t give a crap about actual citizens of the state.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Bond hearing that makes no sense. They couldn't afford a bond and if they could they would simply apply for citizenship. The trick to releasing someone on bond is make sure it's enough money so they return for their court date.

So question becomes how much money would it require to get illegals to show up for court?

You could make the bond $10 million dollars or $1, If they aren't interested in coming here the right (legal) way, they obviously don't give a crap what their bond is going to be. They had to problem breaking the law to get into the country, why would they follow the law afterwards?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Send them to Seattle.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Oh, a District Judge made a ruling. That's adorable.

Notice that they start with "U.S. Federal Judge", instead of stating it was a "District Judge"? That's to give the (false) impression that the Judge is intelligent and experienced.
edit on 3-7-2019 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: network dude

Illegals cross the border and then start filing what are called "defensive" asylum claims.

The system is being scammed and manipulated.

We need a very clear law that if you enter this country illegally you can not file for asylum.

If you cross the border illegally that should be enough evidence to the court to completely deny bail.

I was wondering what people thought of levying great fines against illegal entrants?

Why come here is you put yourself in debt?

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Folks forget that the asylum laws are international laws not Amrican laws. these laws are through treaties that the USA has signed.

There is no constitutional protections 100 miles from the border, Don't hate on the the state or feds, this is UN charter laws.

The UN should be kicked out of the USA and put aboard a Ship and docked in international waters.

then maybe things in the world would change.

Don't hate the players, hate the game........

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Because seeking asylum is not a crime even though trump wants to make it one.

Lost to the supreme court on the census citizenship questions too.

As on now the census has been ordered to be printed without the citizenship question.

He's having a bad day.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Or we need to let the people in and process them like we used to instead of creating this fake crisis at the border where thousands are being held up instead of let in.

Maybe some day trump will address how to help the countries where these asylum seekers are coming from instead of just slamming the door in their faces and saying there's no room.

No he wont.... that will fall to the next president to fix along with this mess he created.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

There is only one option.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

And just what do you think will happen? Is that supposed to be some kind of punishment or something?
Too funny.

The process has always been release them into the country to await their hearings. ALWAYS....

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Until they fire all of them and put in new people. Like trump did...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join