It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa viciously attack on elderly man with crowbar in Portland, Oregon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Explain to me how Ngo is bad for “doxxing” Antifa members but you are good for doing the same to proud boy members?

Are you a bad actor who deserves no sympathy if proud boys beat you?

And just because the old man was armed doesn’t mean he hit anyone

I suppose if i find a photo of heather heyer with a weapon in Charlottesville you will make post after post of how she wasn’t an innocent victim?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well, since I got a star(thank you btw), I feel I should at least keep some of my original comment.

I don't blame the old man for wielding a baton. If I happened to be there I would want to protect myself as well. Antifa has been known to attack almost anyone, including people on their own side(I remember some guy trying to defend his flag from Antifa when he was on their side of the protest), so I would most definitely want some way to protect myself. With some of their current strategies, I would want a weapon, a shield, and even protective goggles to shield my eyes from concrete milkshakes. Just because I would be wielding those items doesn't mean I would instigate a fight, but I would feel very vulnerable there without them.

The best way to protect ones self is to just not even go there, but if people stop going there, then the terrorists(Antifa) have won.

edit on 2-7-2019 by Necrobile because: Early morning should've read more edit lol

edit on 2-7-2019 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Rewey

It appears the city will be sued, and rightfully so.
I am glad I do not reside in that city.
Lawlessness is no good for anyone.
None of that violence should have occurred.
None of those groups should be able to obtain permits to protest again.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I should hope so. I don't know how true the rumours are about police stand-down orders, but I saw a tweet from the mayor saying he thought the police were right not to intervene. What a disgrace. I see Ted Cruz has asked the Justice Department to investigate.

Coming from a background in urban planning, Portland has been a super interesting city to have studied over the past 10+ years. It prides itself internationally on being progressive from a planning and transport sense, but I've read numerous studies and articles which investigate 'below the surface' and find a lot of it is rotten to the core. There was one amazing article I read about 6 years ago about the glossy veneer over what was essentially mob rule and corruption. I'll have to see if I can find it...

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Here it is - it's called 'Debunking Portland - the city that doesn't work', from 2007. The link below takes you to a summary, and you can download the full pdf from there. It's has everything - the 'light rail mafia', and a mayor which had a 3 year sexual relationship with a 14 year old. Charming place.

www.cato.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Here's another excerpt from an article on the Antiplanner website. Makes it sound like a happening place...

Portland, whose slogan, “The City That Works,” was stolen from one of the most corrupt cities in America, has been rocked by a new scandal, this one involving actual charges of bribery and under-the-table dealings. The FBI raided the home and office of the city’s parking manager to investigate allegations that he accepted large bribes to turn the city’s parking meter business over to a particular company.

These allegations apparently go back several years, but only now are being investigated in detail. What is interesting is how many Portlanders read the headlines and say, “yep, it must be true,” rather than, “this would never happen in our city.” A city that wastes huge gobs of money on silly streetcar and light-rail projects just exudes a culture prone to corruption.

“Portland is one of the most corrupt and nepotistic city governments in America,” says former Portland planner Richard Carson, who walked away from a lucrative planning job because “I just could not compromise my principles for more money.” He specifically points to the city building a light-rail line after voters rejected it twice and taking money from water user fees to spend on pork-barrel projects as examples of that corruption.

He could also have mentioned doubling the size (and, ultimately, the vacancy rate) of the city’s convention center after voters rejected it; giving Bechtel a no-bid contract to build a light-rail line; claiming that streetcars stimulate economic development when in fact that development received hundreds of millions of dollars in subsidies; the transit agency general manager who oversaw millions of dollars in subsidies going to his family contracting business; and a 300 percent cost overrun on an aerial tram. The list goes on and on.

The overwhelming theme seems to be that the City goes against the wishes of the taxpaying residents in order to benefit from corruption and graft.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Thanks for the info.
IMO it will be interesting to see how this is handled.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The terror group ANTIFA is planning on violence in Washington D.C. this week too.

The city should outlaw people with masks, just like they outlaw back-packs at certain events/locations.

All masked people get arrested, except women wearing the Muslim scarf.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The capitol police are not as kind as portland pd.
They will kick antifas ass.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The terror group ANTIFA is planning on violence in Washington D.C. this week too.

The city should outlaw people with masks, just like they outlaw back-packs at certain events/locations.

All masked people get arrested, except women wearing the Muslim scarf.

Sooo... expect Antifa to show up in burqas?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Why are you defending antifa?
Their violence is stomach turning and engaging in the defense of such is foul.

I'm not the one defending people who are engaging in senseless political violence though, much less defending Antifa?

Answer me this.

If some left-wing LARPer was running around beating on people with a baton and then he ended up getting cracked in the head by some right-wing LARPer. And I then I tried to convince you that the loser on the left was actually an "innocent victim" and that he was just minding his own business when he was assaulted for no reason by a crazed right-winger — would you consider that defense of a violent left-wing thug?

I'm sure you would. Notice that's not what I'm doing here. Now flip "right" and "left" in the above paragraph. Is that not what this thread is essentially about doing, wittingly or not?

So then, who ultimately is defending violent political hooligans?

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Well we can at least agree on this. This # is no good for anyone, shouldn't be occurring and the police need to do something about it.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'm not the one defending people who are engaging in senseless political violence though, much less defending Antifa?

mkay.....

So you get all upset about it but the reality is these people for the most part know exactly what they're getting into. They show up expecting a fight, they provoke each other until there's a fight, they beat one another up and then later go out for drinks and tell stories about how awesome they all are.

The bigger picture, what you should really take away from this, is that there are two opposing groups of clown ass LARPers who get their kicks from lining up for these violent skirmishes. It's a scene. It's what these assholes do for entertainment.

yep
they didn't beat up a gay journalist on the last day of pride month......
it was both groups....
lol
nice attempt to justify antifas behavior

they are both crappy groups
this time one side , the tolerant side, sought out and publicly beat a gay man who was merely documenting the poor behavior
there really is no justification for that no matter how hard you try or what you compare it too

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

How about this

A left wing journalist who is engaging in no violence from cnn is beaten at a maga rally

I say that that journalist is a bad actor who should have expected to be beaten, and is probably lying about his injuries

Would you think is was ridiculous for saying that?

Now switch left wing journalist for right wing and maga rally for Antifa.

That’s what you are saying, and yes it is disgusting

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Here we go again... OMG, the old man was STARING at an antifa thug... Yep, that is reason enough to get beat up according to Antideluvian... To make it even more dramatic antidel showed again the same picture of the old man by himself with the baton not attacking at anyone... But hey, that's reason enough for Antifa thugs to beat up an older man... That didn't deter antideluvian in claiming "the old man was charging at people" though... Of course, antideluvian didn't need to post evidence showing the old man charging at people....
edit on 2-7-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I find it very odd how antifa considers themselves to be against fascism while openly engaging in fascist tactics.

They’re a bunch of idiots.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RandomPerson

The left in general, at least those who keep making these claims, label everyone in the right as fascists, meanwhile it is THEM, alongside the left-wing media clowns, and the democrat/liberals in power who have been using fascist policies...

They want to ban free speech for the political opposition...
They want to ban ALL independent and conservative news claiming they are fighting "fake news." The nazis did the same thing claiming they were fighting "lies" and controlled the press and free speech, alongside other rights "for the good of the collective..."
They want to label people with conservative ideas, similar to Trump, as "insane." The nazis did the same thing alongside many other "left-wing" authoritarian regimes. This is called "Political abuse of psychiatry." Every left-wing authoritarian regime, including Hitler's, used it.

Nazism and Psychiatry

Political use and abuse of psychiatry in China

Political abuse of psychiatry in the Soviet Union

ETC. If you look at past left-wing dictatorship THEY ALL used the same tactics the majority of the left are using today, and they still have the galls to call us the nazis when it is them whom are using the same tactics used by the nazis. The only difference between today's left and the left during nazi Germany is that today's left are using reverse racism as their main tool.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Answer me this.

If some left-wing LARPer was running around beating on people with a baton and then he ended up getting cracked in the head by some right-wing LARPer. And I then I tried to convince you that the loser on the left was actually an "innocent victim" and that he was just minding his own business when he was assaulted for no reason by a crazed right-winger — would you consider that defense of a violent left-wing thug?

Except that there is no evidence this old man was running around beating people with a baton... You just keep claiming he was even thou you post no evidence for your claim...

There were several people filming that event, if the old man was doing what YOU claim, then it would have been caught on camera... WHERE is the evidence?... BTW, posting a picture of the old man, and the antifa thug staring at each other is no proof the old man started the "staring contest." Does anyone not remember the Catholic Covincton students? The left made the same claims antedeluvian is making now. Heck when a video was shown in which the native American and the student were starting at each other, the left claimed that the student started it all... Was ANY of it true? NO... We all know what it turned out to be...

Now antedeluvian is making similar claims, from claiming the old man was charging at people hitting them with the baton, to claiming a photo of the old man and the antifa thug staring at each other is proof the old man started it all...

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
BTW, let's say the old man started the "staring contest" but the thug began beating the old man. Whom will the police "normally" detain? Is staring at someone who stares at you against the law, or would they detain whomever threw the first punch and continued beating the other? There is no evidence presented showing whom started attacking whom. Although we saw that several antifa thugs beat up the old man and others who tried to help the old man. We have also seen in other attacks antifa started the event, and they always end up like this, beating people for a difference in their political opinions.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Explain to me how Ngo is bad for “doxxing” Antifa members but you are good for doing the same to proud boy members?

Are you a bad actor who deserves no sympathy if proud boys beat you?

And just because the old man was armed doesn’t mean he hit anyone

I suppose if i find a photo of heather heyer with a weapon in Charlottesville you will make post after post of how she wasn’t an innocent victim?

HEAR HEAR!

I bet you can find one too. Well, weapon by definition of a Marxist working on the destruction of our society so theirs can get one more chance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join