It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would a war between urban and rural look like?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Impossible...

You need supply lines and such..

Plus the urban areas are ridiculously more populated and more economically able.. the rural area would control the food hypothetically , but how do they keep it when the opposition has 10xs the population and money?!?!

We will never have a urban vs rural war..

We might have terrorism though.. insurgencies don’t need borders and supply lines.. wars do.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Lol...

What good does marginally better armed do you when the urban areas have 10xs the population and basically all the economic potential?!?

It doesn’t..

(I lied.. the actual number is 5xs the population not 10)

edit on 1-7-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What?!?!

The urban areas are 10 times more populated and have the vast majority of the industrial and economic potential..

The only thing the rural areas could do is terrorist attacks

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

“Rural areas cover 97 percent of the nation's land area but contain 19.3 percent of the population (about 60 million people),” Census Bureau Director John H. Thompson said.Dec 8, 2016

Here is your answer... assuming your hypothetical, it would be 60 million vs 290 million people..

And the 290 million have relatively ALL the economic potential..

It wouldn’t last a year.. the rural areas could only do terrorist attacks.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

“Rural areas cover 97 percent of the nation's land area but contain 19.3 percent of the population (about 60 million people),” Census Bureau Director John H. Thompson said.Dec 8, 2016

Here is your answer... assuming your hypothetical, it would be 60 million vs 290 million people..

It wouldn’t last a year.. the rural areas could only do terrorist attacks.

Within in a week, the urban areas run out of food. A week later the mass starvation and complete chaos are in full swing. Urban areas will destroy themselves.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

"Sir, we have very heavily armed hayseeds marching in tight formation over the George Washington Bridge. They're heading directly towards Manhattan, sir!!!"
"What do we have for defenses, cadet?"
"We've got twenty times the men, but only have enough weapons to arm 1 in 20 and our battalion is divided between morbidly obese socially conscious pencil pushers who haven't walked further than their local corner store in years, fast runners who have already split the country as if they'd seen the cops arrive before this even began, and some group of jackasses that keep trying to sell me watches and TVs for killer savings."
"You forgot the most important thing we have, cadet"
"Sir? What do you mea..."
"We have ECONOMIC POTENTIAL and every great military mind from Sun Tzu to Patton said... ah, horsecrap cadet, no great military mind in history has said jack squat about economic potential in warfare. We're hosed. Run for the hills, cadet! I have an extra pair of bib overalls and a can of Copenhagen you can have, try to fit in with the locals in the sticks and keep your head down."
"It's been an honor, sir."
"Me as well, cadet, me as well.

You keep pimping that "economic potential" in each reply here. Some of y'all don't know jack squat about actual survival and defense, and it shows.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The urban areas will be the areas where the US retakes control and establishes marshal law. The urban areas are where all US citizens are required to go immediately. All the food and electricity will be provided for in the urban zones.

The rest of the country, the rural areas not annexed by clumps of urban areas, will be a no-go zone, hostile enemy area where shoot to kill orders will be implemented once a certain time period expires. The electricity and cellular communication will be cut off in the rural areas. People will have a limited amount of time to travel freely and make their way to a controlled urban zone.

Once the time period has expired, the real battle begins...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I love that how many people seem have this unfounded assumption that city dwellers by and large lack survival knowledge and/or skills due to a close proximity to an urban environment.
Some of us may have lived in the country before.
Some of us may have served "in country " before.
Some of us may just be survivalists.
You never know I guess.
Also, I don't automatically assume every rural person is some country bumpkin who's never heard of television or indoor plumbing.
That would be...well I'll be, what's that word I'm looking for?

edit on 19Mon, 01 Jul 2019 19:51:32 -0500pmvAmerica/ChicagoMondayb20197America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: Oops

edit on 19Mon, 01 Jul 2019 19:51:55 -0500pmvAmerica/ChicagoMondayb20197America/Chicago by Gravelbone because: I'm still a newb sometimes.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gravelbone
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I love that how many people seem have this unfounded assumption that city dwellers by and large lack survival knowledge and/or skills due to a close proximity to an urban environment.
Some of us may have lived in the country before.
Some of us may have served "in country " before.
Some of us may just be survivalists.
You never know I guess.
Also, I don't automatically assume every rural person is some country bumpkin who's never heard of television or indoor plumbing.
That would be...well I'll be, what's that word I'm looking for?

Not that I doubt your skill... I just doubt your ability to escape the insanity to join the rest of us. The only thing more dangerous than a voting oblivious liberal/democrat, is an armed oblivious liberal/democrat.
edit on 7/1/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Dependent citizens vs. Independent citizens....

Do I really need to explain any further?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

And then there are those like my colleague in teaching who was horrified when he found out my parents lived in the country.

"But ... but ... it's dark out there!" He said.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Dependent citizens vs. Independent citizens....

Do I really need to explain any further?

Where did the dependents gets their guns?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
The urban areas will be the areas where the US retakes control and establishes marshal law. The urban areas are where all US citizens are required to go immediately. All the food and electricity will be provided for in the urban zones.

The rest of the country, the rural areas not annexed by clumps of urban areas, will be a no-go zone, hostile enemy area where shoot to kill orders will be implemented once a certain time period expires. The electricity and cellular communication will be cut off in the rural areas. People will have a limited amount of time to travel freely and make their way to a controlled urban zone.

Once the time period has expired, the real battle begins...

Worst case scenario, we will burn our crops, destroy our farm animals before the cities get them, american agriculture feeds most of the world, so good luck buying food or even receiving foreign aid. 3 weeks, your people starve, diseases from thousands of dead bodies take out the rest. Do you know which wild plants are edible? Where your drinking water comes from? How quickly algae would ruin that water if all our fertilizer somehow contaminated it?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And then there are those like my colleague in teaching who was horrified when he found out my parents lived in the country.

"But ... but ... it's dark out there!" He said.

Pretty sure your folks are witches because of their knowledge of fire...

Witch makes me a witch... plz don’t burn me.
edit on 7/1/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You said it yourself, multiple times... the key word being "some", which in reality is a very small percentage. And you know what those few will do immediately in the wake of a SHTF scenario? Use their brains, and get the hell out of dodge. While that may help them survive, that doesn't really help the urban population win any war now does it?
edit on 1/7/19 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

All I have to say is bring some city kids out to the country and see how they react to
butterflies, crickets, and fireflies.

Many country folks live like a war is already happening.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

What?!?!

The urban areas are 10 times more populated and have the vast majority of the industrial and economic potential..

The only thing the rural areas could do is terrorist attacks

Urban areas may be 10 times more populated, but drive to your local Walmart and spend some time looking at what they're populated with.

Good luck with that.

For bonus points and if you really want to depress yourself, hit up the Family Dollar or Dollar Tree.

edit on 1-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Do you have ties to a rural communities? Their are already areas within 20 miles of here who fire warning shots whenever outsiders so much as drive down certain roads. And it's all perfectly legal outside city limits.

link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Half the people who think climate change is killing the animals off are living in a concrete jungle.

link   
Those city folk dont stand a chance.
We be a eatin steak and potatoes
They be a eatin each other

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join