It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interstellar WARP Travel Via Element 115 - Spacetime Compression

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

OK, but your original post was a generalized comment - not just about 115 (which i agree is not stable)

Have a look at the Periodic Table website - there are a bout two thirds that have stable isotopes...

For elements with no stable isotopes, the mass number of the isotope with the longest half-life is in parentheses.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

There is a thread here on ATS to ask any question about physics, and there are a few truely brilliant ppl there that can explain in greater detail than I am equipped to.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Diaspar

Yes, i did "generalize" unintentionally. I was responding to a specific post, but I know better than to be open ended.

Sorry

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

Think we made element 115(Moscovium) by accelerating calcium ions and shooting them at the element, americium, or at least an Isotope of such.

To my knowledge, it doesn't release antimatter.
edit on 1-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Diaspar Yes, i did "generalize" unintentionally. I was responding to a specific post, but I know better than to be open ended. Sorry

No Worries. All good

edit on 1 7 19 by Diaspar because: my poor typing skills

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

I disagree with your phrasing..

We have not discovered or created any stable isotopes.

That doesn't mean they don't exist or cant exist in our environment.

When it comes to subatomic particle physics, I am no expert, so i would never say never, but there are rules governing the universe that have to do with weak and strong attractions that put the possibilities at a very very very unlikely level.

I read that periodic table site you sent me.

It says in there that it is theorized that Moscovium 291 is theorized to be stable and have a half life of 1200 years, but the processes to create it are dangerous and the outcomes are unknown.

So until someone tries it.. we cant say it is or isnt stable, and that goes for any and all isotopes.

For all we know Moscovium 623 could be a thing, and could be stable. We just have no idea how to make it.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Lazar is not a phony.
What do you think he is, Schuyler?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Suppose a binary star system might spawn the stuff somewhat more readily....allegedly.

Zeta Reticuli for instance.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I don't know about that. Personally, I'm on the fence, but a few people who are way smarter than me think so, including Astrophysicist, Dr. Eric W. Davis:

“Element 115 first got synthesized by the Russians in 2003 and was internationally labeled and recognized as element 115 named Muscovium in Dec. 2015. Muscovium’s four isotopes have a half life ranging from 37 milliseconds to 650 milliseconds. So it is impossible for Lazar to have any Muscovite isotope in his house nor the gigantic particle accelerators that produced it via the collisions of other large atoms.

"...a Roadrunner (who ran programs at Area-51 for Los Alamos) told me that he knew Lazar’s female supervisor at Area-51 and had her pull up his personnel file. Lazar worked as a radiation health monitor in the unsecured logistics contractor facility outside of Area-51, so he was never inside that site, and he never held security clearances because he didn’t need them to work in an unclassified area. Lazar made up his entire cockamamie story about the UFO that he saw in a building inside Area-51. He was never exposed to any classified information, facilities, or programs in his work area.”

www.ufojoe.net...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
well ...element 115 seems to be stable… so….

Stable????

Its most stable isotope, moscovium-290, has a half life just over .5 seconds, and is not naturally occuring.

Not naturally occuring in our star system. Who's to say the there isn't stable 115 in the Zeta Reticuli system?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MachineMan
a reply to: projectvxn

There are plenty of people who have been full of sh*t their entire lives. He has a financial motive to lie.

Please show evidence of this.

Bob Lazar is a lot of things, but phony and money hungry aren't it.
edit on 1 7 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Thing is, if you start bending spacetime between Point A and Point B, what happens to all the stuff in-between those two points? Do they all get squished together? Pulled along for the ride? I imagine it would create huge ripples in the night sky that would be pretty obvious to anybody. Like you threw a rock into a pond.

And then what happens when you turn off your warp drive? Do things spring back to normal, or do they stay compressed because of the smaller distance / stronger pull of gravity?

And with gravity having such a long wavelength (hundreds or a thousand km), just how does one manipulate them using a waveguide on a relatively small ship?

More questions than answers, that's for sure.

Well to answer your questions space would bend around the craft. it woud not effect normal space at all no streaks. But there is a huge problem. Space is not empty there is hydrogen and other particles in interstellar space. these particles would be picked up by a warp drive and released when it stops. This means when you arrive at your destination gamma ray and high energy particle would blast the planet into oblivion. You would literally kill everyone upon your arrival and a very good likely hood the blast would kill the crew as well. Worse yet the further you travel the larger the blast will be a prolonged flight could destroy life in an entire system

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

Moscovium (element 115) is far less romantic than Lazar implied.

The real element does not have the properties that Lazar said, nor is it stable.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

There's no way to verify if It has the properties he stated because the isotopes we make of it are unstable.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
That would be our luck. We pop open a portal and out pops a planet of a billion primitive beings needing saving.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 02:30 AM
link   

radioactive and dont last long because its hard keeping that many protons together in our environment here on earth, with our gravity and surrounding mass. (Inside of a super dense star or planet it may be a bit different)

Stability of an element has nothing to do with gravity (ignoring time dilation effects) or surrounding mass. Gravity is about 10^38 times weaker than the strong nuclear force.

There are literally trillions of configurations that atom can have.

Only a few out of those trillions of configurations can actually exist, form for a finite amount of time and be measured.

Theres no way to test Lazars statements on the 115 that we create, because they are a different isotope and have different properties.

Lazars statements are completely and utterly ridiculous, have nothing to do with physics.

Btw predictions of superheavy elements like 114, 115 etc have been made since the 1960s.
edit on 2-7-2019 by moebius because: fix exponent

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: ressiv
well ...element 115 seems to be stable… so….

Stable????

Its most stable isotope, moscovium-290, has a half life just over .5 seconds, and is not naturally occuring.

Not naturally occuring in our star system. Who's to say the there isn't stable 115 in the Zeta Reticuli system?

Physics 115 is an unstable element. Rules dont change because you live somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

There's no way to verify if It has the properties he stated because the isotopes we make of it are unstable.

We know enough to know it doesn't have those properties.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Well to answer your questions space would bend around the craft. it woud not effect normal space at all no streaks. But there is a huge problem. Space is not empty there is hydrogen and other particles in interstellar space. these particles would be picked up by a warp drive and released when it stops. This means when you arrive at your destination gamma ray and high energy particle would blast the planet into oblivion. You would literally kill everyone upon your arrival and a very good likely hood the blast would kill the crew as well. Worse yet the further you travel the larger the blast will be a prolonged flight could destroy life in an entire system

Cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join