It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris parents from Jamaica and India

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I never said that. All I've implied in this thread is that Kamala didn't experience anything worse than most kids experience. Do you actually read what people post before vomiting through your keyboard?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CriticalStinker

She used American indian on one application to have her name in a college directory.
( a phone book for the most part)
way to go lizzy you cheat you. Rolls eyes.
I just love when people chose this issue to use against her. It really shows how people just repeat things without ever looking into them.

She used it on several applications over a very long period of time.

And she profited from that "imagery" 😊

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Her mother was a scientist and her dad was a professor. She grew up in a nice neighborhood and went to great schools. She had more white privilege than 90% of white kids when she grew up.

My dad worked two jobs for years.
Then worked 2nd shift for years.
Then made management till retirement.
Mom stayed home and raised 4 kids in a 3 bed 1 bath house.
I paid my college loan for 10 years.

So glad I had my white privilege to fall back on...

Sounds a lot like my story too. Dad never graduated HS (joined Navy in WWII), worked 3 jobs for us until he died in his late 60's. I was first to get a degree in family (ancestors came over in 1900, legally). Never got a free tuition ride, and took 15 years to pay off my 90k college loans.

HEY KAMALA!! Where's MY student loan forgiveness reparations?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Where do you offer

ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE

for your ''seems to be'' investigation of her ancestry?

Where are your links or sources for this?

And yes, Little Trumpie did retweet but then took it down so why did he do that? Of course he got a lot of flack for it.

If there was substance in that tweet then why did he crumble and take it down, why not stand by his words and leave it there where he tweeted it? Is he a coward?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

She used American indian on one application to have her name in a college directory.
I just love when people chose this issue to use against her. It really shows how people just repeat things without ever looking into them.

I love it how she took a dna test to prove she was Pocahontas and it showed her to be more pinoccio than pocahontas

but you consort with those like you so......

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am just happy that she is odd enough to listen to gangster rappers before they even made music and smoked some blunts in celebration while later as her acting role as PA probably sent alot of people to jail for doing what she admits to enjoying.

She is really really cooler than school with her odd dichotomy. I mean isn't that what law school is all about these days?

I will admit it, I kind of hate this gal for that. I mean I don't like anyone associated with the DNC anyway, but her particular line of power is the means to whatever she is looking for in her life is really disgusting.

Hillary2.0 without the Bill coat tails.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

If she went to school in the 60s or 70s in a western country, and did not have white skin, chances are she suffered through some type of racism, even if she went to a private school and her folks were doing well financially - that's just my personal opinion.

Fast forward 40 years, and class privilege has evolved to be more inclusive of race, now class privilege is determined by your political opinion and whether or not google sees you as a Nazi.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

You know Jamaicans are largely black, right?

Are you at all familiar with the history of Jamaica, of which the African slave trade was a huge part?

Regardless of whether she is a direct descendant of an a black American slave, she *is* black, she *is* an American, and being Jamaican, likely *is* a descendant of the African slave trade.

But nice try.
edit on 1-7-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This post is 100% a lie.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I wouldn't accuse you of playing victim politics or engaging in recreational outrage.

I also do not assert that economic status insulates one from racial discrimination.

I assert that her claims of victimhood are exaggerated at best.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
There seems to be controversy about Kamala Harris's ancestry as she has tried to pass herself off as a "black american" who is the decedent of those who suffered under slaver & Jim Crow - but nothing is further from the truth. Her mother was born in India and it looks like she moved to the US around 1960 to go to a prestigious college. Her father is from Jamaica and moved to the US in 1961 to also go to a prestigious university. So it seems we have two extremely privileged individuals, minorities going to prestigious schools well before "race mixing" was legislated into law.

So can you tell me how her family faced such discrimination by getting into these prestigious schools before affirmative action? Seems they accepted based upon qualifications.

There was a lot of controversy on Twitter when someone posted about her parent's ancestry - I guess they don't want people to know Harris's true background. Trump Jr made a tweet simply asking if it was true and he got a lot of flak for that - WTF!?

So it looks like the Dem's are trying to pull another Barry Sorento trick, giving use a totally fake politician who's background no one knows and we aren't allowed to even ask about. Seems about par for the course for them.

You dont get it.

If you have dark skin in this country, youre marginalized no matter what countries your parents came from.

Society treats dark skinned people no matter their lineage here.

She can speak from the viewpoint of a POC in this country, because she grew up a POC in this country and had all the same experiences no matter where her parents came from.

Arguing her personal lineage has no bearing in this topic. It doesn't matter if she was directly a decedent of slaves. She is considered part of the minority who was. She has suffered many of the same slights as those who's lineages are because of her skin color.

Im baffled that you had the audacity to post this.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Racist don't know any individual minorities economic situation.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I wouldn't accuse you of playing victim politics or engaging in recreational outrage.

I also do not assert that economic status insulates one from racial discrimination.

I assert that her claims of victimhood are exaggerated at best.

"Recreational Outrage" - that's an excellent phrase! I envision wide applicability for the foreseeable future.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: projectvxn

Isn't also a low blow to claim hardship where none existed?

Coming from an upper middle class background does not mean minorities don't experience hardships due to race. One has nothing to do with the other. Racist don't know any individual minorities economic situation.

I am not a Kamala supporter and you should now from my posting history, I don't buy the victimization trope much.

If she grew up in the states, by appearances is a black woman (regardless of mixed heritage), she would and can relate to being black. Attempting to claim because her father is Jamaican and mother Indian that she isn't really black is a low blow. By that measure, then Barack isn't black either.

I think you need to stop putting words in other people mouths. If you want to talk about LOW, that is low. No one said she wasn't black or black enough. I and others simply said she has a very different background than that which she has tried to portray for the last 20+ years - like listening to Snoop and Dre in her college dorm while smoking bud... I'm surprised she doesn't wear a tee shirt saying "Straight out of Compton"....
edit on 7 1 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

(post by DigginFoTroof removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

NO. You learn to back up your claims as is expected by members of this forum. You do this a lot, put out claims and do not say where you get your information. Sure I could go on the net and find plenty of stuff to back up your claims and just as well find plenty of stuff that refutes them.

It's courtesy Troof, courtesy. Do you have any of that? Huh?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

There seems to be controversy about Kamala Harris's ancestry

Yes there is. By you and others that want to cast aspersions in her direction, but let's go on with your first paragraph.

as she has tried to pass herself off as a "black american" who is the decedent of those who suffered under slaver & Jim Crow -

NO. She is a black American born in Oakland California. Her father was a black Jamaican with slave ancestors. This by all standards, especially those standards of white racists who have always claimed that even a drop of black blood makes a person black. So yeah, she considers herself black. Point out how your ''opinion'' differs from this. Can you?

but nothing is further from the truth.

You are hyperbolic-ally WRONG here. It IS the truth, yet you glibly frame it to fit your own narrative.

So there you go fella. I have done a quick net search and found that immediately. NOW, you come back with whatever sources you have that refute it. Oh yeah, by the way. Here is the link, you know ''LINKS" to where I found this information that seems to have escaped your attention.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

You know Jamaicans are largely black, right?

Are you at all familiar with the history of Jamaica, of which the African slave trade was a huge part?

Regardless of whether she is a direct descendant of an a black American slave, she *is* black, she *is* an American, and being Jamaican, likely *is* a descendant of the African slave trade.

But nice try.

And we are all descendants of some race or the other.
Since science says humankind started in Africa...
Your point ?

edit on 7/1/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So exposing someone’s lies is now considered a “low blow”?

Does that logic extend all the way across the racial and political spectrum or is it wrong to call out her BS because she’s black/a democrat?

Genuinely curious

edit on 1/7/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
She's always been a "working girl". Isnt that what the old mayor of San Francisco said
She did what she could to get ahead.
What's that saying? Lift a leg. Or break a leg?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join