It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris parents from Jamaica and India

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
There seems to be controversy about Kamala Harris's ancestry as she has tried to pass herself off as a "black american" who is the decedent of those who suffered under slaver & Jim Crow - but nothing is further from the truth. Her mother was born in India and it looks like she moved to the US around 1960 to go to a prestigious college. Her father is from Jamaica and moved to the US in 1961 to also go to a prestigious university. So it seems we have two extremely privileged individuals, minorities going to prestigious schools well before "race mixing" was legislated into law.

So can you tell me how her family faced such discrimination by getting into these prestigious schools before affirmative action? Seems they accepted based upon qualifications.

There was a lot of controversy on Twitter when someone posted about her parent's ancestry - I guess they don't want people to know Harris's true background. Trump Jr made a tweet simply asking if it was true and he got a lot of flak for that - WTF!?

So it looks like the Dem's are trying to pull another Barry Sorento trick, giving use a totally fake politician who's background no one knows and we aren't allowed to even ask about. Seems about par for the course for them.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Politicians are lies.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
There seems to be controversy about Kamala Harris's ancestry as she has tried to pass herself off as a "black american" who is the decedent of those who suffered under slaver & Jim Crow - but nothing is further from the truth. Her mother was born in India and it looks like she moved to the US around 1960 to go to a prestigious college. Her father is from Jamaica and moved to the US in 1961 to also go to a prestigious university. So it seems we have two extremely privileged individuals, minorities going to prestigious schools well before "race mixing" was legislated into law.

So can you tell me how her family faced such discrimination by getting into these prestigious schools before affirmative action? Seems they accepted based upon qualifications.

There was a lot of controversy on Twitter when someone posted about her parent's ancestry - I guess they don't want people to know Harris's true background. Trump Jr made a tweet simply asking if it was true and he got a lot of flak for that - WTF!?

So it looks like the Dem's are trying to pull another Barry Sorento trick, giving use a totally fake politician who's background no one knows and we aren't allowed to even ask about. Seems about par for the course for them.

I am not a supporter of Kamala, but this is kind of a low blow. It is coming from both the left and right. On the left, you have the ADOS types who don't like her and I guess those on the right who are picking up on it to discredit her.

First off, racists don't delineate if someone is an ADOS or a black immigrant. You are black or you aren't. The subgroups really don't come into play.

What this really is about is that reparations supporters kind of view her as not radical enough when it comes to the "black agenda". They don't want a repeat of Obama who basically didn't do sh*t for blacks.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Isn't also a low blow to claim hardship where none existed?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

If we use Elizabeth Warren who has used it her whole life for advantages and then got caught doing it....

No.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Her mother was a scientist and her dad was a professor. She grew up in a nice neighborhood and went to great schools. She had more white privilege than 90% of white kids when she grew up.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's a low blow to ask an entire race of people to pay you money because of something that happened generations ago.
"Reparations" my ass, they're calling for a tax on skin color.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Her mother was a scientist and her dad was a professor. She grew up in a nice neighborhood and went to great schools. She had more white privilege than 90% of white kids when she grew up.

My dad worked two jobs for years.
Then worked 2nd shift for years.
Then made management till retirement.
Mom stayed home and raised 4 kids in a 3 bed 1 bath house.
I paid my college loan for 10 years.

So glad I had my white privilege to fall back on...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

White Provided Privilege 😎

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

My dad died before I was born...drowned.

My mother worked 2 jobs after the tragedy and raised myself and my brother.

I served in the military after 9/11 happened, so I got the first part of my degree for free, but still ended up paying a loan for a couple of years to finish up the bachelors.

Congrats on making it man!

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Coming from an upper middle class background does not mean minorities don't experience hardships due to race. One has nothing to do with the other. Racist don't know any individual minorities economic situation.

I am not a Kamala supporter and you should now from my posting history, I don't buy the victimization trope much.

If she grew up in the states, by appearances is a black woman (regardless of mixed heritage), she would and can relate to being black. Attempting to claim because her father is Jamaican and mother Indian that she isn't really black is a low blow. By that measure, then Barack isn't black either.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There is no controversy. This is just the new birther cause.
Have fun with this.
Funny how JUNIOR chose something about race to tweet about the black woman on the panel.
I hope this wont be spread around here but I dont hold out much.

So it looks like the Dem's are trying to pull another Barry Sorento trick,
Who is this?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Who is doing that?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

She used American indian on one application to have her name in a college directory.
( a phone book for the most part)
way to go lizzy you cheat you. Rolls eyes.
I just love when people chose this issue to use against her. It really shows how people just repeat things without ever looking into them.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I dont hear her claiming any kind of hardship.
Where did she do that?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Coming from an upper middle class background does not mean minorities don't experience hardships due to race. One has nothing to do with the other. Racist don't know any individual minorities economic situation.

I am not a Kamala supporter and you should now from my posting history, I don't buy the victimization trope much.

If she grew up in the states, by appearances is a black woman (regardless of mixed heritage), she would and can relate to being black. Attempting to claim because her father is Jamaican and mother Indian that she isn't really black is a low blow. By that measure, then Barack isn't black either.

The same happens in the opposite spectrum. Being a white kid in a predominately black neighborhood can cause a lot of hardships for the white kids, but is never mentioned by the Democrats.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

They are asking one race to pay another?

Bull dinky. Sorry but really just no...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

The same happens in the opposite spectrum. Being a white kid in a predominately black neighborhood can cause a lot of hardships for the white kids, but is never mentioned by the Democrats.

I don't disagree.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CriticalStinker

She used American indian on one application to have her name in a college directory.
( a phone book for the most part)
way to go lizzy you cheat you. Rolls eyes.
I just love when people chose this issue to use against her. It really shows how people just repeat things without ever looking into them.

Oh, sorry. That makes it OK then that she constantly touted being a Native American, because on paper she only did it in a directory.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join