It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Source of Evil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
or find out if any other bunny thinks the carrot is orange or looks like a phalice..

LOL! No, but now we know what's on your mind.

All error stems from EGO ... remove EGO we have a very nice society...

Interesting thought

EDIT: and heres a stretch of the imagination ... EGO sounds kinda like E-VIL, but maybe thats just because I write music...

Sounds like an interesting song. I'd like to hear it sometime.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
To understand evil, one can attempt to look at in scope, or a personal experience of having evil perpetuated upon them.

What is evil then. Injury physically to someone for fun or gain. Taunting someone and mentally injuring them for fun or gain. To plot against people, or to oppress or to enslave. If it injures, its probably a form of evil.

People justify many things in the name of profit and money. From Government to individuals. And in most cases, its envy, jealousy, greed, or personal gratification at any cost that perpetuates what most people perceive to be evil. We dont call it evil, we call it the cost of doing business. I call it evil. I didnt used to.

On the flip side of the coin, I can tell you that when you make it your personal goal to try and change some of these things, evil, an entity or experience that I previously denied ever existed, somehows comes to seek damage control. It seems to attempt to try to extinguish potential efforts of good by presenting obsticles that prevent one from succeeding. Ive experienced it personally, and it is easy to overcome. Merely live in truth. Truth in your intent, truth in your want to do good, and actions when you have the ability to do good. Dont let others judge you, that is mans folley.

My take on evil:
The evil can inhabit people. Arrogant individuals who percieve that what they are doing in the name of Good is actually not quite as good as they thought. Captial punishment? Government Mind Control? Torture? Assasinations? I could go on and on but Im picking out some of the obvious ones. It is in the name of the greater good that much of these things I have listed are carried out. Minus capital puniishment, the last three are hardly noble unless it is an absolute terrorist like Bin Laden.
Most of us couldnt even percieve torture. I know I couldnt. Its a hidous concept perpetuated by inddividuals who arent thinking right.

God has been showing me personally some of the arrogance and ignorance in the world. In society and Government. It makes me really sad, and other things very enlightening. Around me is doubt, arrogance, and even individuals who seem to thing that anything other then flaming chariots out of the sky is Satan. I can assure you that change for the better is in the wind. The war between greed and giving will be won by giving. Lessons of evil will be reflected back on those that perpetuate evil in ways they will not be able to comprehend. God is not happy. And when one stands up and begins shedding light on the injustices in the world, from 911 to JFK to whatever, those things should make people realize that in truth we are able to trust. And in trust, we are able to move ahead. Nothing moves ahead without trust, and when that happens evil wins.

Do not fall into the trap of passing judgement upon another as that is no man or womans place. See that when you walk in the light, that the Lord will always provide, even when things seem pretty slim. I know. Ive experienced it.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I don't buy the free will argument.

If I really had free will, I could go outside and fly among the clouds, simply because I wanted to. I no longer follow the Christian faith, so I don't believe there is an ultimate good being and an ultimate evil being. If so, humans would not be the only creatures capable of evil.

People debate on things that are uniquely human, from reasoning to tool-making. Since those 2 examples can also be found in animals, I don't buy them. I think that the ability to PERCEIVE evil is uniquely human. I don't think that evil exists outside of the human species. But, I also think that this is a result of our complicated brains. I believe that any ET organisms who were also endowed with complex brains would also have a sense of good and evil. But, these types of organisms haven't been proven to exist, so we must assume that evil is uniquely human.

Again, I don't think that the Supreme Being bestowed evil upon us, nor do I think Satan did. I think that our human minds came up with the concept of evil.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It is simple. If life evolved as believed by the Atheistic or Materialistic religions, there is no such thing as good or evil. Matter by it self is neither good nor evil. In order for good or evil to exist there must be a spiritual component, which implies a creator of some sort.
Therefore o one views the world from a theistic perspective, the creator of the universe must be the origin of evil. Unfortunately, the majority of people whom argue such issues fail to read their own doctrines, especially the monotheistic and evolutionary communities. For example the “Christians” commonly and blindly, blame Adam and Eve, or Lucifer, as the origins of evil, yet Isaiah 45:7 clearly states that YHWH created evil. Isaiah 45:7 “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”

The evolutionists are equally blind. Their whole claim under the doctrine of macroevolution is that ultimately the universe and life occurred by chance from a soup of subatomic particles, while failing to discuss the spiritual component of consciousness. Then they borrow the arguments of good and evil from the creationists.
Text

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Evil is a point of view. Nothing more. One man see's a suicide bomber as a monster while the man next to him see's the same individual as a martyr.

What many people believe is evil is nothing more than a transgression on morality. Morality is a standard set by mankind to try and keep peace amongst ourselves. It's immoral to cheat, steal, lie, burn your neighbors house down etc etc etc....

Animals cannot be immoral or evil anymore than the tree that fell over a few years back and killed a preacher and his entire family. Immorality (evil) applies to human beings and human beings alone. We set the standard and it applies ONLY to us.

Terrible things are done in this world by people who honestly believe in what they are doing.

Whether or not their actions are evil depends solely on your point of view.

Evil is a point of view, and that is all it is.

Love and light,

Wupy

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join