It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want proof of evolution at work, here it is.... Enjoy! (Observable and testable).

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

I dont see any proof. You said there was gonna be proof.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Speaking of ballsacks...Why did God put them all out in the open, swinging around down there like hairy piñatas?
It's damned awkward...and don't get me started about chafing...

Silly ol' God.

Temperature regulation....

and to advertise to the women how much of a man you are... now we just use sports cars and Harleys.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

Open your eyes and read it again.... It's all there....

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

Did you not read this?

Ok, just looked into my memory a little closer... this passage gives a better explanation...

Necropsy (an autopsy on an animal other than a human) carried out in a classroom on a giraffe. We follow the pathway of the recurrent (inferior) laryngeal nerve, an important nerve that is a branch of the Vagus nerve (tenth cranial nerve). The recurrent (inferior) laryngeal nerve, which branches off the Vagus nerve at the base of the brain, travels down the neck, around the arteries of the heart and travels back up the neck to ennervate the larynx, or voice box, thereby providing motor function. The purpose of doing this exercise is to show that there is no so-called "intelligent designer" because the pathway of this nerve is completely illogical -- unless, of course, you accept that evolution is the reason for this nerve's convoluted pathway through the body.

scienceblogs.com...

Additionally...

The path of the human phrenic nerves begins at the base of the skull, and goes through the body cavity to the diaphragm. This is an efficient path to amphibians' gills, which are in the neck, but is an inefficient path to the diaphragm, in humans.

Need any more proof?

PA

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The path of the human phrenic nerves begins at the base of the skull, and goes through the body cavity to the diaphragm. This is an efficient path to amphibians' gills, which are in the neck, but is an inefficient path to the diaphragm, in humans.

I am not sure how you get from the brain to the diaphragm without going through the neck.
Most of the nerves in the human body travel through the neck, since the neck is what connects the head to the rest of the body and the brain is in the head.
edit on b000000312019-07-01T11:48:18-05:0011America/ChicagoMon, 01 Jul 2019 11:48:18 -05001100000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Raggedyman

The fact that you made fun of creationists scientific knowledge and this whole thread you have authored

What are these scientists bringing forward to prove their point of some sort of intelligent design other then the fact they have no idea who the designer was, and how they did it.

You want to deconstruct that babble and reconstruct that because I havnt a clue what you are saying
I could guess and be sure I am right but
There are some petty bitchie pedantic members on ats and I don’t want to feed the trolls

Have another go and be clearer if you want an answer

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PerfectAnomoly

Ok, one more serious question.... I think this is a Bill Hicks quote actually...

Say your god did design the human body and all its ideosyncrasies, why put a playgound right next to a sewage works? Seems strange that choice....

PA

Seriously you think it’s a bill hicks quote?
Please don’t think
I note you can’t research, you know re the thread article, the fact bill hicks never said what you implied, you are trying to make out that bill hicks is somebody when he is not, you are trying to inflate Hicks character implying you are clever because you like him and he didn’t say what you said he did, that you say anything that suits your narrative and havnt offered any links or references at all, nothing, just a few opinions and thoughts, you offer no proof, why, how, should anyone take you seriously, ever again?

Please don’t offer your thoughts or opinions, please offer references and links that prove what you are saying is truth rather than your beliefs based on opinion and assumption

You think “ it’s a bill Hicks quote actually” you think
You also think there is empirical evidence the vocal chords wrap around the heart, you think.

And you are pretending science, pretending you know something
Just walk away, just go, save something before....
edit on 1-7-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Why do atheists hate science, why don’t you put in the effort to understand it
You use medicine and healthcare, believe in education, please, be educated

Embrace all that is in offer, don’t hate science, it will help you grow and understand the world

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Do you know the difference between you and I in this conversation dude....?

I will not get into a pointless back and forth trying to convince you of my opinion and then when you don't agrre insulting you personally...... I will merely present the evidence... If you don't want to seriously look at it and comment constructionally then we are both wasting our time...

You see, I have a huge amount of evidence backing up my claims.... you have none...

Can you provide me with evidence of intelligent design? Can you provide me with evidence of creationism? Can you provide me with evidence of a god?

Those making extraordinary claims MUST provide exteaordinary evidence....

PA

It could be argued that both you and Raggedyman are proof of intelligent design.
Me?...Not so much.

Nevertheless...
With Creation/creation, being both noun and verb, it could be further argued that evolution is simply an integral part of a creator's overall 'Act of Creation'.
...Creation being every bit a subjective process...as it is an objective end result.

The 'act' of doing anything involves a processional series of actions taking place by intelligent design in order to achieve an observable result at any point within the act, itself.
Where that process ultimately ends...is known and observed ONLY by the intelligent designer.

No disrespect to either you or Raggetyman, but...while both are observably intelligent creations...each exhibiting an arguable intelligence behind your overall design...neither of you are anywhere near complete...and, as is true for us all, can still be called an imperfect, creation-in-progress.

What is evolution...if not an unfolding process of an act of Creation?

Our own DNA is the designer's blueprint for our evolving creation.
You want proof the architect exists?...Take a look at his blueprints. The entire process of creation...from beginning to end, exists within.

In the end...the existence of Evolution does not prove the nonexistence of an intelligent design, nor designer.

I choose to believe there is plenty of room to believe in both.

edit on 1-7-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

What, evidence have creation scientists brought forward to prove intelligent design is a scientific theory?
My question was quite clear.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Just because someone said it was an illogical set up doesn't mean proof of anything. I'm still waiting on the proof

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Speaking of ballsacks...Why did God put them all out in the open, swinging around down there like hairy piñatas?
It's damned awkward...and don't get me started about chafing...

Silly ol' God.

There is an answer... to keep them cool. Sperm tend to live longer at temperatures lower than body temperature. I guess that is the reason that they sweat too.

I actually knew that.
Sometimes, like some want to bitc# about God,...I just like complaining about my sweaty, hairy, dangling, balls.

My point is made, however.
While some of us may not know or understand why certain things are designed in a certain manner...it doesn't mean they are designed wrongly.

There are always reasons for things beyond our own certain understandings at any given time.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So when anybody speaks it comes from the heart.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Whatever you are smoking, stop!

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Maybe a land and sea mammal, like a walrus, reproduced with a big fish, like a whale. Or they had small fins at one time. Crazy, eh?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Lol... It's a fact mate... I know you creationists don't handle facts very well... Feel free to carry out your own research and provide rebuttals here... I look forward to debating facts and concepts with you...

Are you suggesting that your god DID design this in this way??

In that case my friend, your god is a fool....

PA

What makes you right and others wrong when nothing is 100% besides opinions?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
KISS. The simplest way is sometimes the most effective and energy efficient. If I wanted to build a virtual reality, I would start with self replicating and adaptable building blocks with n degrees of lattitude to build, mutate and recombine on their own. In the same way, build an amino acid with a basic DNA structure and let it do its work, billions of years later, we have what have. It doesn't mean it wasn't designed, it just means it was designed and put in motion with the least amount of energy required by the architect of the system.

It's like if I want destroy a house halfway up a snow covered mountain, I don't have to get picks and sledgehammers or huge machines transported to the house. All I need is a pebble, make a snowball and make sure my aim is true. Between the snowball and avalanche, the house will be gone and the side of the mountain, restructured.

You can have evolution and an engineered system at the same time and to be honest, it has a much higher probability that simply mixing gunk in tidal pools plus some lightning. The idea of an intelligent initial design followed by an evolutionary path satisfies both camps.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/1.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Ok, one more serious question.... I think this is a Bill Hicks quote actually...

Say your god did design the human body and all its ideosyncrasies, why put a playgound right next to a sewage works? Seems strange that choice....

PA

Who cares? If you don't believe it then don't believe it, but why try to belittle others and call them out in the OP for believing we were created? Nothing is 100% proven so we're all going by faith for which side we believe in. It makes no sense to belittle his faith while praising your own.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

There is no proof of creationism, or anything scientific about it.

Nor is there proof that that whales evolved from land animals or humans evolved from monkeys. Some scientist tells us the theory is true and we're supposed to believe it. But you know exactly what a theory is.
edit on 1-7-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The extra size of the heart and extra valves in the neck are fascinating.

I just picture it slowly evolving through millions of years and wonder how odd it must of looked. Wonder how many giraffe heads got popped on the way to getting it right? I'm sure millions with a heart like that.

Fascinating example you used

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join