It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Man Arrested After Shooting Home Invaders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This has Supreme Court written all over it. Registration is unconstitutional...

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: 727Sky

It sounded like he was put in jail for violating the registration laws and not because he was defending his home. This like a policemen giving you a ticket for not having your license after someone rear ended you in your car. I once heard a policemen giving a reckless driving ticket to someone who skidded off the road while the person was getting their car pulled out of the ditch by a tow truck.

Wouldn't it be more like giving a ticket to a guy without a license that was rear ended while his car was in the garage?
This guy wasnt walking down the street with his gun, he was in his own home.

No because the gun was really not registered. It would be like you were saying if they put him jail AND his gun was really registered.

If you look at any history of gun registration what comes next is gun confiscation. IMO that is one big reason why people resist right or wrong; also no where does the constitution say you only have a right to protect yourself with a registered gun ?

I get it he broke the ill conceived laws of N.Y.
Ill conceived or not it is their laws.
Thank god there are other places to live in America besides that sanctuary state of governmental idiots IMO.

This is like saying governments in the past have been corrupt therefore ALL government is not worth having. Just because gun confiscation has happened doesn't mean it will happen. Besides, a really bad government is going to confiscate guns regardless if the the guns are registered or not. There's probably profiling algorithms based on web surfing and credit card histories that will give a bad government the same information as if the gun's were in a list. The government is probably OCR'ing phone conversations and know if you have guns from your conversations.

Whether we have a left wing or right wing government, having bad government is always a threat to law abiding citizens. Organized crime's main intention is to put politicians, judges, and police in their back pocket. You could say organized crime IS the government. Regardless if we have gun registration laws, every citizen has to fight corruption and organized crime in government.

The thing about having registration laws is say a police officer in NYC stops a suspicious person, and they are carrying a gun, the registration law is a way of putting the potential criminal on ice before they've committed a crime assuming the person stopped did not have a registered gun. There's always been a difficult balance between having public safety versus individual liberty. Nobody is ever happy where the line is drawn.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That wasnt the issue. The issue was an unregistered gun.
I am not against gun ownership but you'd better also follow all the rules to be able to exercise that right.
Why would anyone be upset that the cops enforce the law?
You do not get to pick and choose which laws you like and which ones you do not.
All you see is a gun owner who shot an intruder.... you stop when it comes to the crime the guy committed which is funny for this border defending crowd for sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I've got about 20 guns.
A mix of pistols, shotguns and rifles.

I have holsters for carrying 2 of my pistols.
Both are registered as am I.

The other 18 dont need to be registered and most are not.
This gun fall into the later category in my opinion.
Unless he carries the gun outside his home it nobody's business.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

NY passed the sullivan act in 1911, it required the registration of all guns that were small enough to be concealed.
Funny that opponents of that bill had the same argument against it as you are making. It must be a multigenerational plan to destroy our rights I guess.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

NO ONE IS DISPUTING THAT...

The gun was unregistered. I am sure he wont be in too much trouble for that.

Officers who responded on the scene and the Oneida County District Attorney later determined that Solarczyk had lawfully defended his own home from two intruders. But he was later charged with felony gun possession by the DA for his possession of the weapon, which was handed down by his deceased father. New York requires a series of registration permits and licensing for all firearms, even those that are passed from father to so

That is the law. If people were a little better about following the laws of gun ownership maybe others wouldn't be so glad-ass happy to take them away from you.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Did you seriously just say you dont get to pick which laws like and dont like?
That happens every day.

And I do agree with following laws.
If he was out and about with his gun I say arrest him but in his home is different.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thats a matter of opinion.
Some folks especially after fifty should just wear sleeves. All that flesh waving in the wind.... LOL

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

They have gun laws that allow people to own guns and protect their rights and property.
Follow the law. Win win.
Dont follow the law and everybody loses.

link   

yep
too bad there ARE prosecutors that will take this case unlike other recent decisions.....
follow all the laws....yeah right dems

link   
a reply to: ausername

The story states as much.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

He should have to because thats the law in the state where he lives. It is really quite simple.
How hard do you think it would be and let me ask you this... Since he wound up in jail do you think he perhaps wishes he had registered the gun? Hind sight being what it is and all. Laziness got him in this situation.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It is going down

dailycaller.com...

Perhaps the most important take away from the two nights is that the candidates advocated or passively supported gun confiscation, rhetorically couched as “gun buybacks.” Not a single one of the 20 candidates spoke in opposition to confiscation or the respect for the Second Amendment. So, the Democrats really are coming for your guns.

No opposition.
It is their outright agenda.
They are no longer scared to say so.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I hope this goes all the way to SCOTUS.

I also hope the DA is found guilty of deprivation of rights under color of law.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Does the law in your state require you to register any of the others? If so, if someone breaks into your house and steals some of them, are you gonna be willing to admit you had unregistered guns and they've just been stolen or are you gonna be an irresponsible gun owner and not tell the police that if the crooks weren't armed before they are now??

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He should have to because thats the law in the state where he lives. It is really quite simple.
How hard do you think it would be and let me ask you this... Since he wound up in jail do you think he perhaps wishes he had registered the gun? Hind sight being what it is and all. Laziness got him in this situation.

I'm sure you will feel the same way about a Georgia abortion ban.
The law in the state they live in...
Pretty black and white.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

The scotus already upheld the law I think in 2012. So good luck on that one.
edit on 1-7-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I got ticketed once when I ran out of the house without my wallet in my purse. I got stuck in a safety checkpoint on a holiday weekend. I didnt skid or speed or do anything to get stopped except turn down the wrong road. But I paid the ticket even though I was only a few blocks from my home and could run back and get my license in less than five minutes. Because I was driving without a license and that is against the law here in Virginia.

PS When I went to court I just showed the clerk that I did have a legal license and they threw the case out.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

But I paid the ticket

ok

PS When I went to court I just showed the clerk that I did have a legal license and they threw the case out.

how does that work if you already paid the ticket?

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

We also have immigration laws. Show me you defending those laws or are you just being the hypocrite you typically are?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join