It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a paradaigm shifting thought the other day about US political parties

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It is something I already knew, but had never really viewed the machinations through that lens. I thought I would share it here. Most people readily accept the idea that those in power will do anything to remain in power. It's basic philosophy and human nature. We don't concede what we have earned, easily. With that thought in mind it's interesting to look at who the democrat party claims to represent. The poor, the oppressed, the downtrodden, and the degenerates. Therefore they have a vested interest in keeping these people this way as well as creating new people to join these ranks. Now compare and contrast with the republican party.

Would anyone then be surprised to see california, oregon, etc. turning into a place full of poor, oppressed, downtrodden and degenerate people?

Now this is not to say that those who vote this way all view it through this lens and are complicit in it. Quite to the contrary. Many very good people believe in actually helping or fighting for these people. However, as a political machine who relies on these people's existence, it makes no sense to fight for them when you could create more of them.
edit on 30-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Anyone with a grasp of reality knows this but it's always worth spelling out for those with a challenged IQ.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Without identity politics (a victim class, an antagonist class and a solution) there would be no Democratic party.

They don't want what is better for the country as a whole and have no ideas on how to do that anyway.

They want a continual class of victims that they can offer a solution to.

As long as that solution keeps gaining them (Statists) more and more and more power...

So yes, they just keep building plantations.

Sad really.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Sad really.

I think exploitation is a more fitting word.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Dems are the party of the stick and carrot.

As soon as they get the horses all stirred up and hungry, they wave a carrot in front of them and corral them into the voting booth. Once that horse pulls the D lever, that carrot and stick are nowhere to be found. Sadly, it works every time.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Sad really.

I should have qualified that...

It's sad that they have normal people that vote for them too.

But yea... you're right.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Sad really.

I should have qualified that...

It's sad that they have normal people that vote for them too.

But yea... you're right.

As were you. I just wanted to emphasise that word because that is what it is.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Bias much? Identity politics very much exists on the right.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Bias much? Identity politics very much exists on the right.

Some examples please.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

No need to give examples if you believe the right does not contain identity politics. If you're still in that lower mindset of one side being infallible and the other side being evil, then you're pointless to have a conversation with.

No need to talk to left or right political robots. The writing has been on the wall for awhile, and if you're still clinging to one side as the holy grail then you won't be convinced of any opposing view point.

edit on 30-6-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

No need to give examples if you believe the right does not contain identity politics. If you're still in that lower mindset of one side being infallible and the other side being evil, then you're pointless to have a conversation with.

No need to talk to left or right political robots. The writing has been on the wall for awhile, and if you're still clinging to one side as the holy grail then you won't be convinced of any opposing view point.

SoOo... no examples, just virtue signaling and a little name calling because you are butt-hurt I called you out on it.

Typical of the left.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

No need to give examples if you believe the right does not contain identity politics.

I agree with you but leftists are so flamboyant with it. It's hard to ignore.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

No they don’t...

Hispanics and African Americans aren’t gonna start flocking to the gop because they make it out of poverty... lol

Union people are not gonna swap to the gop after the dems pass some law that strengthens unions...

The democrats don’t need people to be poor to have voters.. they just need the gop to continue only caring about CEO types and religious fundamentalists..

I’m guessing the big business crowd/aristocracy probably gets to pick their party of choice because they have the most to spend, the remaining party will always “be stuck” with the peasants.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So you cant substantiate your claim then?

Perfect.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Both parties represent what the lobbyists pay them to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Would anyone then be surprised to see california, oregon, etc. turning into a place full of poor, oppressed, downtrodden and degenerate people?

Contrary to your math illiterate right wing delusions it turns out all the states leading the poverty charge are red states:

States With the Highest Poverty Rates

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Hispanics and African Americans aren’t gonna start flocking to the gop because they make it out of poverty... lol

And yet they are in increasing numbers because they are realizing that they have been lied to for generations by the Democrat party.

So your post is kinda.. what is that word...

A fail.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Contrary to your math illiterate right wing delusions it turns out all the states leading the poverty charge are red states:

California has 1/3 of the welfare recipients in the United States.

It also has 1/5 of the homeless population.

Is California a red state to you?

Spin that.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Agreed. Left has a lot of issues. More so than the right probably.

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: dfnj2015

California has 1/3 of the welfare recipients in the United States.

It also has 1/5 of the homeless population.

Is California a red state to you?

Spin that.

One word, "percentages". Maybe the reason why California has so many is because they are the state with the most number of people. Here, maybe this will help you:

Percentage

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join