It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Nice job on the Stevie Nicks song !

I would not have guessed it was the same band that performs:

"Glycerine"
&
"Everything Zen" ...
edit on 28-9-2019 by Timely because: Misspelling

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thank you TImely. I sincerely thank you because i am a music freak, and then some song that is a cover and i think it was original, then the truth has been brought to my attention. Yes, yes i know what you must be thinking. it would be so easy to google original vs cover song facts, but i am often too lazy to background checks.

The following is for all, not just Timely:

I am really introvert but i need social connections. I am truly grateful that i have them in real life and here, at the shed. But i really need some time on my own too. It is a delicate balance really. What if i suggest that we are going to have a party online right now!?!? fairies are banned, they spike up the drinks with all kinds of not-of-this-earth stuff, we don't want to have it like that tonight if you ask me

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Thank you for the wonderful music today!

Loved the rendition of Landslide! Man, does Stevie Nicks bring back memories! I remember my friend Diane introduced me to Fleetwood Mack many years ago. She was always saying I reminded her of Stevie Nicks and I had to listen to the band. I was always wearing platform boots and loved clothing that wasn't a cookie cutter replica of what everyone else was wearing. I was always singing. I always had really long hair etc. I don't know why but throughout the years many others have said I reminded them of her too.

I think it was maybe 4 years ago when my Sister took me to have my make-up done at a high end shop and I asked the lady if I was too old to carry off the smoky eye thing and a deep colored lipstick in the shade she was wearing. She said I gave off a strong Stevie Nicks vibe and yes, I could get away with it. She did an awesome job. Like, what is it with people tying me in with her? LOL I've seen interviews with her and thought wow, she is someone I would be able to be good friends with. A pity with all the rock stars that I've met, that I never got to meet her.

Now that I'm old, I can't sing anymore I suck, but I have always had a passion for music and various genres of music.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Waves at Timely above.

I slept the day away... yet again.
I really need to live in a different time zone where my sleeping pattern would be normal.
There is a song with lyrics in it that says, "Up all night, sleep all day." Yup, that's me.

How are all our lurkers out there? Come on in, have a donut or two and make yourself at home.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Waves at Timely above.

I slept the day away... yet again.
I really need to live in a different time zone where my sleeping pattern would be normal.
There is a song with lyrics in it that says, "Up all night, sleep all day." Yup, that's me.

How are all our lurkers out there? Come on in, have a donut or two and make yourself at home.

Having fun with DOE in Timely's Acronym game. That guy is flash with his replies. Couldn't handle a donut at present. It's close to 9.30 am here. Hang on, nearly beer o'clock! (Fist punch to air)

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Beer o'clock. Lol

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Beer o'clock. Lol

I am being serious here

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hello shed people and hello lurkers, i hope all of you are doing fine.

Me? Woke up at 5 AM, having coffee now. Half of the beans are from Africa and half of the beans are from Southern America.

Want a Finnish lesson? Free of charge? Here you go:

Written:

"Minä tapaan sinut"
= I will meet you

"Minä tapan sinut"
= I will kill you

Make a difference

Speech i leave to Lauri Markkanen. A talented NBA (Basketball) newbie who can achieve big things if he fills his potential. I am actually laughing at these other guys in sincere goodwill. It has to be hard, i don't know. And a few of these people actually do it pretty good

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I saw that clock in the mancave here in the Shed when I was borrowing Gordi's credit card once.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Hahaha! Wow, you have some long, hard to pronounce words!

How do you say I love you or have a good day?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
Hello shed people and hello lurkers, i hope all of you are doing fine.

Me? Woke up at 5 AM, having coffee now. Half of the beans are from Africa and half of the beans are from Southern America.

Want a Finnish lesson? Free of charge? Here you go:

Written:

"Minä tapaan sinut"
= I will meet you

"Minä tapan sinut"
= I will kill you

Make a difference

Speech i leave to Lauri Markkanen. A talented NBA (Basketball) newbie who can achieve big things if he fills his potential. I am actually laughing at these other guys in sincere goodwill. It has to be hard, i don't know. And a few of these people actually do it pretty good

Please don ' tappaa minut, rakastan sinua.

Ystävällisin terveisin

Ballystan

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Ystävällisin terveisin

Ballystan

Okay i officially dropped my jaw through the floor

How did you do that

That was perfect, except it would have been: Please don't "tapa minua, rakastan sinua"

"Ystävällisin terveisin" was spot on, Unreal.

Ballystan would not be anything unless "Bally" would be a verb and someone is acting according to that verb.

Prepositions are hard for me. We don't have them. We add stuff to the end of the words. In English, some prepositions are obvious. An ashtray is on the table. "On" because it is on top of it's surface. In the table would mean it is engulfed in the structure of the table itself. But some things you just "have to know". Plural of mouse? Plural of phenomenon? They don't make any logical sense to me. (Ok plural of phenomenon derives from Latin and i studied that for 3 years during my school years. I wasn't really that interested in learning Latin, i just wanted to go to school that is located in the middle of the city.)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Ystävällisin terveisin

Ballystan

Ballystan would not be anything unless "Bally" would be a verb and someone is acting according to that verb.

err, Tein Ballystan ylös vitsi, mitään todella

Ystävällisin terveisin

Ballystan

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Hahaha! Wow, you have some long, hard to pronounce words!

How do you say I love you or have a good day?

I love you = Minä rakastan sinua. (Sounds much better in English, it has a nice and beautiful sound to it. In Finnish it sounds i don't know. Clumsy and harsh.

Have a good day = Hyvää päivää / mukavaa päivää (I had to give this some thought actually "hyvää päivää" is literally just "Good day", which is used as a greeting, but it is at the same time an expression of wishing someone to have a good day.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Crikey, Didn't know you were a language buff.

Here's some Australian words for you:-

Waddayergoinonabout,

Gointerpointpercyattheproverbialpommieporcelaine,

Jusavenagoatyer.

Bellum ut tecum loqui,
Bally

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Also we don't differentiate genders we have only "hän" about he or she.

That has lead me to embarrassing situations sometimes.

I have called a woman "he" and i have called a man "she" just because i have messed up, meaning no deeper meanings behind that. That is just disrespectful and might actually hurt someone a bit.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Waddayergoinonabout,

Jusavenagoatyer.

Bellum ut tecum loqui,
Bally

Okay let me try. I think it is my turn anyway!

Waddayergoinonabout = What are you planning to do right now?

Gointerpointpercyattheproverbialpommieporcelaine = I am going to the toilet and "do my business"

Jusavenagoatyer. = Just having a go at you. "Mentally pulling someones nose in goodwill"

Bellum ut tecum loqui = Tough one... if i remember correctly, bellum means "war". I will not start to guess what the other words might be.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Waddayergoinonabout,

Jusavenagoatyer.

Bellum ut tecum loqui,
Bally

Okay let me try. I think it is my turn anyway!

Waddayergoinonabout = What are you planning to do right now?

Gointerpointpercyattheproverbialpommieporcelaine = I am going to the toilet and "do my business"

Jusavenagoatyer. = Just having a go at you. "Mentally pulling someones nose in goodwill"

Bellum ut tecum loqui = Tough one... if i remember correctly, bellum means "war". I will not start to guess what the other words might be.

Well done mate! Top marks.

"Waddayergoinonabout" = What are you planning to do right now? (good effort) = "What are you saying?"

Bellum ut tecum loqui - my effort "Nice talking with you?"

Kind regards,

bally

edit on 28-9-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

That was fun!

Just to change the subject, a moment ago i realized that a new decade will begin in about three months from now. What? i just celebrated the change of millennium a blink of an eye ago. What have i done all these years? Where have i been? Who am i?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

There is a book called : " Let's speak Strine "

It is how to speak Australian ( Strine )

Eg; "afferbeck lauder" = alphabetical order.
" bake necks" = bacon and eggs.

It is a fun read if you can find it !

new topics

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92  93 >>

join