It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Yikes, no smoking?

Good luck with the surgery Hun! When is it scheduled for?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't know if it is an option for you but I remember my Dad using nicotine patches years ago. It was meant as an aid to stopping smoking but it didn't work out for him. An old girlfriend of his stopped smoking 30 years ago (at the same time she quit major alcohol abuse) and used nicotine chewing gum. I believe she still uses the gum to this day sometimes but she hasn't smoked in 30+ years.

I wish you strength for the operation and a speedy recovery.

edit on 11/9/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hugs to everyone due to today's anniversary.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

HUGS!

Today we honor the people who lost their lives on that horrific day. Blessings to the friends and family members left behind. Victims of 911, you will not be forgotten.

edit on 11-9-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Well, that was fun for the past hour or so, it's been a while since we had a tornado warning. Nothing came of it in our area, but out east of Grand Rapids probably has some degree of a mess to clean up.

We never noticed our phones buzz with the warning alert, and couldn't hear the siren right away, we have the A/C on upstairs and everyone was up there cooling off (it was really, really steamy humid today) I did notice a very faint... noise after a bit, and then so did hubby, "What the hell is that??" Me: "Is that what I think it is?" I went and yanked open the inner window, and the storm window and yup, it was what I thought it was -- got greeted with the tornado siren.

We all hurried down to the basement (kids took off like greased lightning) and I did pause a moment to figure out of I could grab both the cat AND the rabbit, but decided the rabbit was safer in his hutch and grabbed the cat. He went in the carrier in the basement, and promptly peed himself (guess what I finished doing half an hour ago? Bathing cats sucks)

Right now, the kids are a tad paranoid and hunkered down in the living room to sleep tonight, and the cat is thoroughly pissed off at me right now.

Also, up by JinMi's end of town north of me got walloped pretty good with high winds when the storms came through. Not entirely sure if Jin was in the middle of all of that, but N GR got hammered.
Our end? Not much. The gust front that came through blew a bunch of pinecones out of the trees, and that was about it. Older kid had the smarts to stack & turn the deck chairs over on their sides so they didn't take flight, good move.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I hope Jin is ok.

Stay safe dear Nyiah!

Weather has been crazy here, from cold to hot and humid in no time.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Thanks. I've been using something called Zyn. It's a tobacco free nicotine pouch type thing. I only use a couple a day and I'm okay.

a reply to: Night Star

None.No smoking at all. I can't be around smoke after either. They said the bone won't grow around the rod and heal right if I was around it. That was enough for me. My mom is still puffing away in there though. I know she will afterward, too. At least I'll be staying with a friend until I'm healed. She does home health care and a bed and the restroom are both on the ground floor. Here, the restroom and my bedroom are on the top floor. Sucks. But yeah, it's on the 23rd. I have one more week to work and that's it for a while. My boss still hasn't done anything with the FMLA/disability forms I gave him. The stuff is still just sitting in his in box.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

She should get a smokeless ashtray and an air purifier. They help.
Now tell your boss to move his damned butt and get that paperwork done!

Hugs!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Finspiracy

How are you today?

Well yesterday, when you asked this, 9/11 was on my mind a lot. I don't know, you might think that we here are far away and that the attack did not touch us, but it touched us. We cared and we still do...

New or "new" med has been keeping me in bed, unable to do anything except the very mandatory basics like eating and take a shower. It is hard stuff, in the past used as a medicine for things like cancer and AIDS. I am getting rid of it, this is no way to live a "life".

How have you been?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I'm looking into getting a Rainbow. There's a used vacuum store here in town that sells them. As for the paperwork, I don't know if he's waiting until I'm off to send them out or what.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Is that the med that helps you to stop drinking? Couldn't you ask for the dosage to be lowered? Discuss this with your Doctor. Maybe they can suggest an alternative.

I am well thank you!

It is beautiful how Countries can come together with love and compassion.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Hope you find your rainbow Skiddy. Now I'm thinking of skittles. Taste the rainbow!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Yeah, it blocks the action of opiate receptors in the brain. Alcohol binds into those same receptors, and therefore, there is absolutely no reward in drinking.

Happy to hear that you are doing well

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Is that the med that helps you to stop drinking? Couldn't you ask for the dosage to be lowered? Discuss this with your Doctor. Maybe they can suggest an alternative.

There is nothing. There is absolutely nothing. I have searched all corners of this world for the answer, for the solution. Alcoholism can't be cured with a pill. It follows you always, but an alcoholic can be a non-drinking one. There are therapy alternatives, but i have been there and i can't open up with them because lack of trust that comes from a shared past. And those therapies dig deep, and i don't want to go there, scared of what skeletons might come out from the closet.

First day off the meds and BOOM right back to my old ways. I apologize for letting you all down, maybe i raised some hopes for some of you, but i can't live up to any expectations, due to being nothing.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Just saw this now NS..... absolutely, positively stunning! Ty for the wonderful start to the day!

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Thanks.The pot of gold at the end of it would be nice.

Those things stick to my teeth. I can't eat them.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

So wallowing in drunken self-pity is the answer? It's not much of a life...

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
That reminds me of a good trick I learned back in the day to make the bus come faster. If I relaxed and lit up a cigarette, the bus would appear. I'd end up wasting a good portion of a cigarette - either that or putting it out and back in the pack, which *reeked* - but then again, it could've been a small price to pay for my rescue from Oregon's cold dampness.

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join