It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O
a reply to: Nyiah

Haha... welcome to your new addiction, glad to have introduced it

Something just... so ... human/primal about the sounds I think!!

Primal is an excellent description, I noticed a lot of comments in their video comments sections saying that, or that it "speaks to the DNA", which I agree with, too.

The Indian songs from the other side of the world are great too as are the Eastern sounds from the times.

The old Hindu chants can approach feeling "eerie" sometimes, but yes, the very old stuff from India also has it's primal feel!

My lineage comes from vikings (been looking into my roots with the help of my Aunt). Pretty much as Scottish as can be aside from a bit of Welsh thanks to a madman viking landing in a port in England hundreds of years back and erm... having his way with it!
If you like this sort of sound, you might like this too! (I see it as an evolution of the old music types given the movements of the people in history with many Vikings ending up in Scotland). Without going to deep into the politics of it all and just sticking with the music sounds of course. All has this kinda earthy drum beat sound to it all, more in touch with nature or something

I've definitely heard Ye Jacobites by Name before! Probably from my sister-in-law's Scottish music collection (or maybe a medieval fair) Her dad was from Fife, so whenever he was at a holiday get-together, a lot of the time, the music choice by my sister-in-law was Scottish music.

originally posted by: SyxPak

WOW! Not even 10 mins in and I have been Hooked! Tool Is My Preferred Band, along with AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Etc.. I Loved the Tribal Sound of this Rythmic Enchantments!! Is Completely Diff than what Drives Me. Incredibly Authentic, Maybe?, but Cool. Very Cool!!!

Oh my, Syx. Once you go down the Heilung rabbit hole, it's hard to climb back out! I've got a few others I'm going to post for Shed enjoyment shortly (I need an excuse to listen to them already today, lol)

originally posted by: Night Star

They must be really cool to see live! It's hard to be original in the music scene, but this band is so unique!

I bet they are! One comment from one of the videos said something along the lines of how they looked like they just came out of the longhouse after the Elders' meeting adjourned, lol. That's pretty spot on, if I do say so, they look very authentic to the overall era & region they're taking their inspiration from.

Off to go find those other Heilung videos, one of which I'm pretty sure is going to make Night's day

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Exciting news! I hope your wishes are granted.

My mother was in hospital for her 28th birthday due to my birth. (She had muscular dystrophy, a muscle wasting disease so a regular birth was impossible.) Happy Birthday Mum, enjoy your week in the hospital! (ETA It may well have been more than a week, my memory gets hazy around that time period...) (Old-school caesarian, serious business.)

Do you have a cigar at the ready? Are you a celebratory cigar kinda person?
edit on 10/9/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

edit on 10/9/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The lead in is a little long, the song starts at about 1:55 in, but it's well worth the wait through the ambiance build-up. There's an recitation of something called the Merseburg Charm (spell/incantation) up until about 3:30. The song is also ended with it. It's worth noting that I looked into that, and it's postulated that it refers to the Valkyries interfering with the armies of enemies, and not for the enemy's benefit.
Then socks get knocked off after that with a chanted poem, apparently Grogaldr. I haven't looked too far into that, though, so I'm not sure if it's an accurate claim or not.

This is also a poem, from a Norwegian Rune (Nowegian Rune Poem, slick title)

And the one for Night -- the context of this one went completely over my head for the first few listens, until it dawned on me that I recognized some of the lyrics as the names of the Valkyries. That's all the song is, a recitation of the names of the Valkyries.
The men and sound of the arrow at the start make a whole lot more sense knowing it's more or less an ode to the women who choose who lives and dies in battle, and who goes to Valhalla to prepare for Ragnarok with Odin, and who goes to Freyja's afterlife field. It's absolutely ethereal (why didn't the Shed fairies clue us in on this one ages ago?!)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hi Light!
Both of my Grandfathers died before I was born, and one had muscular dystrophy or another similar disease. So sad what can happen to the human body.

How is every little thing?

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Love it!
How does that lady see anything through the fringed hairpiece? Lol

From someone eIse's youtube page..."Svanrand, Maria sings the names of the Valkyrjur (Valkyries). Their name means "Chooser of the Slain" and they were goddesses who decided who would die in battle, as well as who would be the warriors to spend their afterlife in Valhalla." Oh, you mentioned this already. Lol I need a nap. LOL
edit on 10-9-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It's absolutely ethereal (why didn't the Shed fairies clue us in on this one ages ago?!

They were too busy doing faery stuff? They forgot to mention it? Shrugs shoulders. I have no clue.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Thank you sir! So far, no baby. But the day isn't over. I have a cigar, a pipe w/tobacco, and nasal snuff.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
My visit to the new doctor about my ankle problems was a bit of a challenge as expected. The highways in Houston have been under construction or re-construction I mean since they were first built in the late 1940's. The second highway that I was on today is a bit bi-polar. It's been having a major makeover for the past five years or so and is as curvy as a snake having a seizure. The problem is that with so much moved around or such that there were several spots in which what looked like the lane I was supposed to be in was no longer a proper lane.

As it has been many years since I've been to a medical facility in Houston and no one had thought to tell me in advance about the "minor" fact that the only place to park was in the parking garage next door which charges by the hour to park there. So by the time I was sitting in the waiting area of the doctors office my blood pressure was up and I was steaming and sweating from starting off my visit by complaining of the parking issues with whoever I could find that worked there.

When you don't have any money to your name there is only so much you can do. Looks like most of Houston requires payment just to park anywhere. So much for doing anything else there. Something else to add to "reasons I don't want to be here".

I was told that I would receive a voucher for parking. I was given such once my appointment was over.

About the appointment, after filling out about a dozen sheets of paper and signing away my life to the medical company I went to x-ray where they took at least a dozen x-rays of my now glowing in the dark feet.

I brought with me a list of my medication and medical issues that my be causing my leg to give out on me and fall. According to the doctor the x-rays didn't show any new breakage so my problem with the leg giving out must be nerve related. She recommends that I use a walker until I can get a KATO (knee ankle foot orthosis). That is a leg brace that starts above the knee and ends in a special shoe the has a wider than normal base to allow for additional support.

So sometime this week I'll call my insurance company to see what they can do to provide this as the ones I've seen online cost at least $200. As for using the walker, I did that when I had the cast on my leg. I would rather not do this again as the only time I go out of my room for the most part is to go to get drink/food from the kitchen and can't carry anything when using a walker.

BTW, as dad is up to date with everything going on in the internet world as one of the few users of Internet Explorer and the seven people that still use AOL he has already (yesterday) diagnosed my issues and ordered three additional ankle braces for me. I have two already. So with five in total it's time to grow three more legs I guess.

Tomorrow I get the rare opportunity to take my mom for a doctor appointment as the master of all things has his own appointment. I'm hoping his is for a brain transplant.

Watched a movie this evening "Captain Fantastic". It gave me some tears as most movies do when a spouse dies.

Here's the movie with foriegn subtitles if you don't mind that.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

You and the Mrs. must be so excited!!! I can't stand the suspense.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

They have walkers with a little metal basket thingy where you could put stuff Blue.

I saw that movie and it was amazing!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yeah you and me both. It appears baby won't be coming today. I have a nerdy appreciation of days where everything adds up but as long as she's healthy, we're all happy whenever she decides to come out. Within reason, of course.

But all the anticipation builds up. I'm feeling all rick moranissy.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
My avatar ( to me ) is a mermaid angel. The pic below seems to be of an elven angel or maybe simply a faerie.All fantasy of course.

edit on 11-9-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Have you picked out any names yet?
Is this your first child?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
oops ...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Her name is Mona. She's our second little girl.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Beautiful name

You must be filled with anticipation now

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Too much anticipation! It's been a jittery several days.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think the worst thing about quitting smoking is still having somebody that smokes in the house. I've woken up to stuffy sinuses, a burning throat, and hacking nasty goop since I quit. I had to quit because of the upcoming surgery and can't be around it after. That's not going to be easy.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Sweet!

Have a pixie drink and try to relax. I know, it's easier said than done. Lol

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Waves at Fin from across the pond.

I slept like a baby. Such a peaceful sleep, though it's late afternoon now.
How are you today?

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join