It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

But change is good, right?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Bon nuit Wis! I was over at youtube and making ciggs.

I did pop in earlier throwing stars, but was in the middle of movie watching. One of these days we'll have to have a jammie party in here. It's been too long.

Jacy!!!!!!! You throw the best jammie parties ever!

Too many missing people.

Come back! Come back!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

But change is good, right?

Not at that price, unless you're buying. Lol

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
We tried making ramen noodles from scratch tonight. Considering we don't have a pasta maker, and I had a hell of a time getting the sheets rolled out thin enough with a rolling pin, I'd say too-thick ramen ended up being a success. I rolled the thin-ish sheet of dough up, and simply sliced sections off with a knife. They were still too wide despite best efforts, but they cooked up fine and tasted fine, lol.

I only used half of the dough batch, I wrapped up the other half and put it in the fridge for tomorrow. And I'm heavily considering getting a pasta maker. We don't eat pasta a whole hell of a lot, but it would pay for itself eventually. And fresh pasta is better anyway

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hello friends.

I hope this new week brings you all joy. Or if that is not possible at the moment, i hope this new week is at least tolerable for all.

I just came back home. Spent the night on my friend's couch, again. He went to work early, i just stayed there in a half-zombie like feeling after just a couple of hours of sleep (i don't know why. happens sometimes) I left him 10 euros i owed him and also ten beers for him to drink, because i have used a lot of his food and coffee lately. I left him a note saying "consider this as a partial rent"

I am warming up the sauna. I need a really good wash, and sauna washes the soul also, therefore taking only a shower will not be enough for me this time.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
As i have told before, it is hard for me to receive compliments. Even to receive support. Now i think i know why.

It is not me you see. It is not my good writings you read (when they are good). They are from my mom. She raised me well, did the best she ever could. That is where it comes from. My dad is a rotten cop and i have learned nothing from him except binge drinking and bitterness (which i have shook off from myself after years of hard work) And i have great respect towards Finnish police, but take my word, he is rotten.

One week has passed since i lost my mom due to my own bad actions, getting adjusted to the idea but not constantly crying anymore. Tiny baby steps, just a little tiny mini baby steps. I just don't want to mess things up any further. I don't want to lose anymore. I have lost a lot, but not everything just yet.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Good on you Fin !

You are the master of your own destiny and if it took your Mom to get you to realise that you have the power to make change ... so be it.

Be honest to yourself and I'm sure your Mum will love getting re acquainted with her Son ... the Man.

Best wishes mate !

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Good on you Fin !

You are the master of your own destiny and if it took your Mom to get you to realise that you have the power to make change ... so be it.

Be honest to yourself and I'm sure your Mum will love getting re acquainted with her Son ... the Man.

Best wishes mate !

BOOM!

Thank you Timely. This was good to read after a sauna. You are strong, and i have a lot to learn from you

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hi Nyiah!
It's good that you make things from scratch. I should hire you to cook.
Sometimes I just don't know what the hell to make anymore.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Your Mom did raise a good Son. In time, your Mom will come around. She is probably heartbroken having been through alcoholism with your Dad and now you. It has to be difficult for her to watch you struggle as you do and...almost lost you to alcohol poisoning. It's scary when you love someone and can't do anything to help them.

I pray that you find the strength and courage to turn things around. We love you Fin! You have been with us quite some time and have always been such a joy. Hugs!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

'ello mate!

How is the weather out your way? Looks like we'll be getting thunderstorms today. Had some brutally hot and humid weather here with high heat warnings.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Hope you get spectacular yet safe storms and it cools down somewhat ...

We have perfect Spring weather here at the moment, which is good seeing as we are still in Winter !

Linda is going shopping today with one of the ladies assigned to help out. I look forward to the break while it should be a fun girl thing for Linda.
Not looking forward to seeing the bill .... 😎

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The last cat I took to the vet cost me 400 dollars to fix his broken femur. He got caught in the engine fan and and I felt sorry for him because he was such a healthy looking fat yellow striped kitten.

Anyhow we took him to get fixed. We got him home, he healed up and 6 months later he ran off and we never saw him again. Maybe once he returned.

The next cat we had and I have no idea how he got a broken femur but we simply did not have 400 bucks to fix him at the time. So he limped about a month and in no time he was healed and back to his speedy self. He was one of my favorites and I called him Scotty, he was grey and white. Months later he got killed on the highway as did many of my following favorites after and before him.

As for the kitten that ate the mushroom he seemed to be doing fine by mid day yesterday. He's back to wrestling with his yellow striped brother who's other yellow striped brother I accidentally ran over backing the van out of the drive and I miss him dearly. Originally surviving in this litter was two orange kittens and one black and white one that ate the mushroom.
I call him Felix! I really like him! It may have sounded as if I don't but that is not the case.

We've had so many cats man, they come and go, some leave, some stay, some get run over, a dog might get one, dripping coolant off a visiting car might claim one, a kid might want a kitten or two. The ones that stay get fed every day though.
To be sure.

We had 18 last year and now were down to like 7 or 8. They live free here until they die and that's the best we can do.[
edit on 22-7-2019 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hello You.
Fins post. I hope this new week brings you all joy. Or if that is not possible at the moment, i hope this new week is at least tolerable for all.
Thank you and the same to you, sauna boy, I am so envious.
I think we all have our "demons" to struggle with in one way or another.

What you write is you the person we see is you. One of your personalities. We all have different "personas" even though few are brave enough to admit it.
As Timely said, bent a little, "Choose the personality you want to emanate"
I too had a wonderful Mother and a horrid drunk of a Father. It would be too lengthy to get into details. But over the years I have come to realize that I have been selective in my judgement. They both had good and less admirable sides.
I contain both, so I try to bring forth the parts that make me grow and not settle with "This is what I am, I was raised this way" That would be the easy way out, not taking responsibility for myself but blaming them.
To illustrate. My Father was a monster, he only showed to his closest family, every one else thought he was saint. THAT realization taught me to all ways be truthfull and do what is most honorable.
He divulged in "pity". As a refugee from Hungary he finagled his way into my Mothers heart, dragging her across the Atlantic ocean to settle in the promised land. Where he beat her into submission, maltreated me and managed to hold up the whole façade because he was "such a devout catholic".
After his passing, I came to find he had left his wife, dying of cancer, he said he was a widow of many years, and three children.
I had come to hate him, but I was ironically the one to care for him in his last years and then I managed to love him. Not because he was my Father but because he was a ruined human being just like me in need of redemption.
From Mom I learned the lesson to uphold my integrity.
You go find that place within you that makes you strong and happy even when you are sad.
Sorry for the long tale. I just wanted to relate that you are not alone.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I love that.
I talk to all my trees and plants I tell them how I appreciate them growing, sprouting up out of no-where. I like running my hands over them stroking them and smelling their fragrance. Green has so many different smells.
To all the little critters that gather in the garden. I like to get up to see the sun rise and bid the day farewell. The dogs and I try to get out in the wee hour of dawn before it gets to hot.
I think they hear my heart, that I care in this tiny micro cosmos, an oasis within, well-kept lawn deserts.
I have toads, treefrogs, birds and butterflies, squirrels in all shapes and forms.

There are plants I eliminate though. Deadly nightshade , Canadian vine both poisonous and a prickly thistle.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I just can't get enough of this lately, just a gorgeous piece of music. And entirely too short.

The whole album is just as spectacular, too

edit on 7/23/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Wow!!!!! Awesome musicians! I will have to check out more of their vids tomorrow. Thank you for sharing this!

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Yep, I talk to my plants and touch them too. I wrote a story about a tree here on ATS. I think it was called The Tree That Remembered.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Trucker1

You had 18 last year? I take it these are strays? All my cats have been indoor cats. Safer that way.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join