It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

So nice to find you visiting the Shed today Swanne. Thank you for your good wishes!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ian McLean

Let me pack an overnight bag and I'll join you for coffee tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Hello Night. I'm a bit worn after putting on my ankle brace to wash dishes and fix lunch for mom so now I chill until I start dinner.

I'm a bit bummed out as I finally got around to emailing half a dozen people (not here for the most part) but no one has replied. Guess I must either live on a different planet or don't speak the same language.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
WOW! I just checked the weather and it's close to 100 degrees and says "Feels like 114"...OMG, you can die in that kind of heat and we always have the humidity too. Temps are extreme. I don't ever remember summers being that brutal when I was growing up.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Awwww, I'm sure they will get back to you.

I'm just so thankful that I have a great AC to keep us cool and comfortable here. I feel bad for anyone that doesn't. I remember years ago when we couldn't afford one. It was hell.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Maybe they mistook your ankle brace for an " ankle bracelet " ! 😶

Sorry, I could not resist. I trust all the shedifarians are well fed and watered.

Sending some winter cool over now ...

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Dave!!!! So happy to see you! I'll take some winter cool for those days I have to leave the house.

Wish it were that easy.

How are you and Linda?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife

I'm a bit bummed out as I finally got around to emailing half a dozen people......but no one has replied.
PM in box, please check.

Guess I must either live on a different planet or don't speak the same language.
Nope, we live on the same planet, well I do, I can't speak for all sentient beings, and we speak the same language. Stressed, too many people I want to ignore and when I finally am with real people I am tired. Case in point.
Hugs Blue.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Enjoying life at home !

Linda is doing just great and we have some home help available, so no housework for a while !

Winning !

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Enjoying life at home !
This is good, home is best.

Linda is doing just great
This makes me very happy, though absent I have worried about how you all were fairing.

we have some home help available, so no housework for a while !

So Linda gets to sit and watch while some one else cooks and cleans and you can relax as usual
Sorry, I had to. I bet you are the most considerate husband alive.
"Did I let my dirty sock grace the floor before it hit the hamper, please forgive me"

Winning !
Yes you are with grand strides. Reminds me of Sea Biscuit.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Thanks WIS !

It is so nice to regain some normalcy in life.
( he remarks whilst nonchalantly tossing an empty stubbie over his left shoulder)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Maybe they mistook your ankle brace for an " ankle bracelet " ! 😶

Sorry, I could not resist. I trust all the shedifarians are well fed and watered.

Sending some winter cool over now ...

Hey, I resemble that!

Now go back to your room. lol

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Wis, I was mainly referring to peeps in a widower group that I belong to. Then again it's taken me years to start emailing anyone there anyway.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You must think about moving to the cool south where it only feels like 105* today then.

It is cooler at home after having the AC worked on yesterday.

The bad news of the day is that my mom can hardly walk anymore. That means I've been the nursemaid to her today with dinner and such but I can have a hard time walking myself and I know the pain will be there any time now.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well whadaya know, Wisconsin didn't hog all the thunderstorms for once. Thanks for finally sharing, WiS!

We had a really nice bunch roll through last night/overnight, lightning and thunder and rain and high winds.

Unfortunately, that lead to around 150k people without power here in MI (not in my neighborhood, though) and some of the highest gusts (over hurricane force) were not too far from me.
Ironically, winds that were an easy 60+ around here didn't result in any branches shed from trees, at least not on our street.
I did get pelted with pinecones blown out of the trees when the gust front rolled through before the rain, though. That actually hurt a little. All I wanted was to enjoy the cold, stiff wind for a few minutes, but Mother Nature was having none of it, "NO! No cold, refreshing winds for you, get back inside that hot, humid house! Here's some pinecone ammo if you think I'm joking. Dance, woman, DANCE!"

Today was a mellowed version of the same this afternoon. We got a decent amount of rain, a good bit of thunder & lightning off & on, and good (but far less strong) breezes. It's much less humid inside now that some of that stuffy air was blown out the doors & windows.

Tomorrow, the weather gets back to being pleasant for a change, and it looks like the entire upcoming week won't be any warmer than 85*, at best. And we'll have MUCH less humid air, too

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No coffee and I get stabby stabby.

I have been known to ninja fling forks into the eyes of those who left me a messy Kitchen to clean up.

A messy kitchen is a bit of a trigger for a day of depression for me.

Now go clean it McMessy-McLean.

edit on 20-7-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

ronically, winds that were an easy 60+ around here didn't result in any branches shed from trees, at least not on our street.

I get really scared of strong wind in trees lol. Not thunder or lightning, but if there's a whipping wind, I dive under the covers.
😬

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

No coffee and I get stabby stabby.

I have been known to ninja fling forks into the eyes of those who left me messy Kitchen to clean up.

A messy kitchen is a bit of a trigger for a day of depression for me.

Now go clean it McMessy-McLean.

Is this you Zazz?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about your Mom! Can she use a walker? Does she have a wheelchair?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Enjoying life at home !

Linda is doing just great and we have some home help available, so no housework for a while !

Winning !

Awesome! Yay! Tell Linda I said hello!

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join