It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

A separate reply on your story I rescued and nursed a Kookaburra that nearly drowned in our pool,he came back,with friends for several months afterwards,like your crow- animals remember kindness

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

So very interesting, how life reveilles it self in different ways. I speak to ravens and can call them, they are very rare here and I feed the crows in my yard who chatter to me when I come out side. There is a "family" I have had the fortune of knowing for ten years.
Cambodia? I have a "connection" distant but close.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I love rescue stories! I have rescued many throughout my life. It is such an amazing feeling bonding with a creature that would normally fear us.
I have a cool rat story if anyone is interested in hearing.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Id love to hear your story.

There is a Tibetan Buddhist temple called Chenrezig about 50 miles north west of me where the animals are protected on the property by whatever mojo or juju these guys have animals are totally different when they are in a place they do not fear man,individual animals actually do have individual personalities you can go camping there and the animals dont care less about you.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

There's no such thing as too many cookies. My address is...

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

My story about Mousy the rat. One day, my Niece's Husband bought some rats to feed one of his big snakes. I know snakes have to eat and all but...I felt so bad for the poor things so I asked if I could buy one off of him. He said I could have it for free. So I at least saved one from a horrible death.

I had a nice cage set up for her and it had this log in it that she would get up on. Every day she would stand on her hind legs waiting for a treat, until...the day came when she was dying and too weak to get up on the log. I was taking her out of the cage and hand fed her her normal food and a treat. It would take at least a half an hour or more, but I sat with her day after day.

One night I was passing by her cage and there she was standing on her hind legs on her log. That in itself was miraculous because she did not have the strength to get on that log. I was like OMG! I picked her up and she wrapped her tiny paw around my finger, something she had never done before and looked up at me. I just kept stroking her fur and speaking softly to her. I put her back in her cage after a while and that was the night she died.

It was like she was saying Thank you, I love you and goodbye.

She sort of looked like this one.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I like the story,but I STILL have to do this

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Haha!

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

moving on ... 😏

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Moving on.

ETA Thread drift everyone. Relax. It's totally not wedding-bells playing in the distance...
edit on 18/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

... Crow walked into my life many moons ago....

Hey WIS!
HUGS Hugs for ya.

Guess what......?
I was, sort of "adopted" by a Jackdaw when I was in my early teens!
I woke up one summers morning and he was in my bedroom, pecking at an old cassette tape.
Within an hour he was sitting on my shoulder, and we spent the whole summer together.
He left to go roost somewhere every night, but was back (usually waking me up) the next morning.
At the summers end I had to go back to school, and when I got home on the first day back... he wasn't around.
I never saw him again after that.
At the time, I also had a rescued Tortoise and a HUGE white angora rabbit.
I think there's a photo somewhere of me with all three in the image... Jackie standing on top of the tortoise.
One of my best summers ever.
Gx

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Nice to see Joe, Tom, and the long lost Gordi popping in today.

I wish each of you the best.

Cheers "Luke",
Back atya! (With festive bells on!!)
G

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I thought that was you making all this noise this morning in the Shed. lol

Time for more coffee and stale doughnuts.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I hope you can find the photo with you and the beautiful creatures. I cannot describe how wonderful it feels to be able to step into an animal's world and rescue them. There is such an outpouring of love and compassion and the animals are grateful for another chance at life.

Can we hear the story of how each one was rescued? I would love to hear them.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hands Blue some fresh donuts and another cup of coffee.

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hot cocoa and cookies anyone?

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thanks, I'm happy now.

new topics

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194 >>

join