It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:
(post by LightSpeedDriver removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Pointless depressing post removed.
edit on 17/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Hey there Shedooligans!

Sad Rant
I don't post much here anymore, and tbh I don't actually visit the shed very often either.
That is my own choice.
Why?
Because it hurts when I visit often and see sad post after sad post after sad post...

The shed was always a place of joy for me, and the ATS members who started it all are/were like family to me.
It was creative, spontaneous, interactive FUN.

BUT, it wasn't all about the giggles.

The same people who laughed together (and wrote together) also cried together.
We listened to one another.
We listened to everyone and anyone who had something to say.
We supported one another. We helped one another.
We became a family (of sorts) and families aren't perfect!!
We'll annoy one another and yes... we'll likely get annoyed too!
That's just how it works I guess?

When the shed gets too sad, downbeat or depressing for me, no one is forcing me to come in and read all the posts.
I have a choice whether to visit and I have a choice which posts (and whose posts) I read when I do pop in.
That's my own choice (and one that I often take) but it's available to everyone.

Some shed-folks have been through life's mill a bit more than others.
Some may need more care, more listening ears, more shoulders to cry on, more support, more opportunity to "vent", more advice and yes - maybe more chastisement than the others on occasion.
I wouldn't want to change that, it's a part of what makes the shed so special IMHO.

So, listen if you want to.
Respond if you want to.
Advise if you want to.
Ignore if you want to.
It's up to you all as individuals.

Make your own choices (if you want!!!) but let's all just remember to respect other people's choices too?

/sad rant

I'll be posting a more "festive" message in a few mins!

G

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Festive Message!

I won't be sending out any Christmas cards or E-Cards this year, but I didn't want you to think that I wasn't thinking of you all (with Christmas just around the corner) so I've recorded a very special tune for you to enjoy around the shed-fire this festive season.

I hope that you enjoy it.
G

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior

...Also, hi gordi! I didn't think your rant was sad at all I felt it was beautiful and inspiring. Though I think now the sadness might lie in what you didn't say- that it's not a family anymore. I still think it is tho. Maybe, not the best family! Not the one you remember, and will return to. But a family all the same

Hi Lucid,
Thank you.

I was trying to say that we became a family, that we ARE a family, and that families aren't perfect!
I should have made that clearer!

cheers,
G

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Ahh, I see!

Well the best thing for unruly and or unhappy families is a big group hug!

So c'mere!

*Pulls gordi, light and fin(and you lurkers) into a huuuge group hug*

*Whispers loudly* THIS IS WHAT HEALING FEELS LIKE!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It is now 530 am and I must be up in less than an hour so, since I sense my services are no longer I bid you all a goodnight!

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I will agree, the Shed is not always about the giggles. I have no problem hearing someone relate their troubles, worries or strife. Many do that here. What many of us don't do is complain constantly.

If it's any consolation I miss you. (Truth be told I miss you and WIS teasing each other here but maybe that's just the Voyeur in me.) But like you said, it was sometimes about the giggles and not everyone giggles sometimes.

(And I also don't post much anymore and I think it's about to become much less.)

Happy Christmas dude! (Happy Maria! (Holy mother of God, someone is raping a flute. Call the police!))
edit on 17/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Wait, what! You must be up in an hour? What? Your batteries are quick-charge? What? They speak English in what? What?

Confused. Sleep well.

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Festive Message!

I won't be sending out any Christmas cards or E-Cards this year, but I didn't want you to think that I wasn't thinking of you all (with Christmas just around the corner) so I've recorded a very special tune for you to enjoy around the shed-fire this festive season.

I hope that you enjoy it.
G

That was seriously depressing ! The most depressing thing I’ve heard on this thread music wise. Ave Maria is such a beautiful tune, too.

Wow.. just wow. * shakes head*

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
They are not, in fact, quick charge, and as such I have decided to stay up. a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

*Snip*
edit on 17-12-2019 by spacedoubt because: Snipped off topic

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

(And I also don't post much anymore and I think it's about to become much less.)

I don’t post much for apparent reasons and some not so apparent. It’s difficult to be honest in the Shed because you can quickly be judged as being too negative. That to me seems unfair because I’ve been lambasted in this thread simply for giving a well meaning opinion.

I also have been the one to judge and be offended ( hate the Have a Maria song ).. so it goes both ways.
I do think we need to direct members going through extremely trying times because of addictions to professional counsellors. Molly coddling them and hand holding while you talk of escaping to magical forests with magical creatures isn’t really helping the key issues with people who have serious problems.

I know it is all meant in love and goodwill and that is a beautiful thing .

I probably will back away from this thread again.. I’ve been to honest for the Shed today.. so I must depart for awhile.

(post by Sheye removed for a manners violation)
(post by LightSpeedDriver removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 17 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Well I'm quite sorry to hear that, I hope you know I meant no treachery.

You might've mentioned it but there's no guarantee he's seen it(or read it) or remembered it. Even if tis was so, it would only worsen things to reply so, which is why we have manners! ( They're not to be nice to others but to be nice to ourselves!)

I do cede your point about mollycoddling. But it's not our job to direct them not is there any guarantee they will listen. And, for some, magical creatures and stories DOES help. It gives hope and reason to stay alive, as does the place to come and share yourself with others. It doesn't address the key issues no but it addressed the underlying ones which often prevent those key issues from being realized and pursued.

new topics

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join