It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 183
<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Black, white, red, purple...whatever color Santa is, he's a good dude.

With utmost respect for Sir Fin, he tweeked my interest regarding Finland a while back, it's Languages, History, Peoples and Customs, Geography. What a fascinating read.

On topic with your Santa Claus post here I present some pictures. From my reading I understand that the original Santa comes from Lap Land (Lappi) in Finland. Perhaps Sir Fin can confirm this.

Appears that the original Reindeer pulled sleigh progressed from these mysterious parts.

And by mysterious I really mean beautiful. Would love to see Northern Lights such as these.

I am now looking into a little known Language from these parts in Finland known as 'Sami'. Intriguing for my old inquiring mind. The landscape in Finland is truly spectacular. Such a contrast to where I live.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The photos are amazing. If only to experience a solar spectacle just once, It can hit home.

ETA Santa is a pretty good second.
edit on 15/12/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I admire anyone who can learn another language. During my years of employment, I worked with people from all over the word. I had learned different greetings and words, small phrases in various languages, but could never have an actual conversation.

Loved your pics very much! So magical!

Found the following vid which is absolutely breath taking.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I would cherish the memory forever if I could see it but only once. We live in a mysterious and wondrous universe.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hugs to anyone who needs them.

I'm sorry but I don't have more to add as I'm not feeling too wordy today. Perhaps it's the humidity, no wait I bet it's because I've never gotten around to taking my medication today.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Thanks!
Hugs back at ya Sir Blue! And anyone who needs one.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

On topic with your Santa Claus post here I present some pictures. From my reading I understand that the original Santa comes from Lap Land (Lappi) in Finland. Perhaps Sir Fin can confirm this.

Sure. I am happy to confirm this. Santa comes from Lapland, the "north pole santa" thing is just fake news propaganda.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

That Khnum was sweet and wrangled me in. As a proud addict of Mongolian throat singing I found these gentleman "THE HU" a year or so ago. It blew me away how they are progressively traditional and protective of their culture. I inhaled the lyrics. It doesn't just sound strong but has a message worth listening to.
And I like the "Wolf Totem" too.

Oh and I see you have been "Knighted"

You are hired as another protector of the realm Sir Khnum.
From Night.

Congrats.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I need to get a bit more sober. So i can make a thread that is understandable. Because, me, being a feminist, i have gained a huge victory. Can't write more here, due to the issue being political.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Sorry Fin, didn't mean to cut and run.

The quickest and most appropriate response is that sometimes I'm a tenderfoot and the world is broken glass. But I think that's true for all.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Sorry Fin, didn't mean to cut and run.

The quickest and most appropriate response is that sometimes I'm a tenderfoot and the world is broken glass. But I think that's true for all.

Oh you think that way? I understand.

I have come up with a conclusion. The world is insane, and so am i. But we are insane in a different way and therefore, we won't match. ever.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I hope I am worthy of the accolades,I am a little melancholy at the moment around Christmas you think and reflect back.

I was thinking of my grandparents,my father was one of 10 and most of them and siblings would every Sunday head to my Grandparents place and after a meal they would all sit round and tell stories,I would entertain myself with Grandads Parade magazines which were quite progressive for the 70's with stories about lost civilizations,Admiral Byrds adventures etc.

There was no politics,no anger,hate or division they were good times,this little place here reminds me a little of that,of something that is passing from the human experience,most of these people are gone now although I can still see them if I close my eyes so I guess in a way they are still with me.

So yes a place of a little magic is to be appreciated us old souls are running out of company

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I went to help a friend split firewood today. We split and stacked two cords in several hours.

My friend had a rented pneumatic splitter. It's the first time I ever encountered one, and I liked working with it. It cut through big chunks of knotted wood that would've been impossible with a splitting maul.

As with anything, there was a trade-off. The splitter was low to the ground, and the chunks of wood we split were heavy, some of them as much as about 70 lbs. (roughly 32 kilos), so my back is going to be sore tomorrow. I can feel it already.

Splitting firewood. That's old-school conditioning. Always loved doing firewood. Makes me feel like Rocky from the 4th Rocky picture when he fights that evil Russian bastard who slayed Apollo Creed in the ring.
edit on 12/15/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I am unable to tolerate this kidney pain anymore. Starting to break stuff around my apartment. Totally out of character. I need a doctor.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
I am unable to tolerate this kidney pain anymore. Starting to break stuff around my apartment. Totally out of character. I need a doctor.

Can you go to an emergency clinic now, Fin ?

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Finland used to have a good medical system,I hope it still does,you cant ignore pain you've got to see a Doctor

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Honey, go to the emergency room, you've waited too long as it is.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I've lost a lot of loved ones too Khnum. That was why yesterday I mentioned my head was swimming in a sea of a thousand thoughts. That and having a Husband with serious health conditions. It's like all of a sudden I was thinking of my childhood and teen years and beyond and all that has happened since. I am so grateful for having so many precious memories to hold on to. They make me cry sometimes, but that's ok. It's ok to feel things deeply. And it's ok to worry about things that mean so much. So melancholy is ok.

You'll always have this sacred place of magic and friendship, of love and compassion, smiles and laughter, sorrow and tears to share. Always.

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Consider: sometimes mismatched things are the best! Case in point:

ETA - Go see a doctor.
edit on 12/15/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Hi WIS long time no see! Hope all's well!

<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join