It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

LOL! I told you not to let the dragons ask for expensive shiny things. Tell the mail dragons to do their darned jobs. They can go treasure hunting later.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
When I got to the top of the stairs, I discovered after much searching, a few secret passageways. God, I love this place!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

The male mail dragons have been doing their job. Delivering the mail. I had one drop in the other day. I says, "How do I know you are a "male" dragon. He said, 'Because of my 'yellow bag'.

Well I said, 'Oh, that's a full bag.' He said, "Lot of mail today."

Never seen female dragon doin 'male' deliveries. Something in that. Might be the way they 'flap'.

My thoughts,
bally.

edit on 7-12-2019 by bally001 because: comprehension

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

The male mail dragons have been doing their job. Delivering the mail. I had one drop in the other day. I says, "How do I know you are a "male" dragon. He said, 'Because of my 'yellow bag'.

I'm sure there's another way to tell.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
'ello my silly gentlemen!

Good Day one and all!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hello Night. I has turned into one of those days in which the coffee isn't even helping.

Maybe I'll wake up before it's time for bed.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

For me, the real magic of coffee is to be found in the second pot. Yes. Pot, not cup.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have a "workstation keyboard". It's got tons of sounds, production tools, and an internal sequencer. Theoretically, it's a wonderful tool, but it's complicated as hell to operate.

But I must be careful how I speak about the keyboard: once I got frustrated enough to call it a "piece of sh*t" and it mysteriously stopped working, which leads me to suspect at least semi-sentience in the instrument. I had to drive over an hour to the nearest authorized service center to have it reset to factory spec. I know better now than to malign its features.

Anyways, I wanted to make a faux radio-style commercial yesterday for an album I'm working on. But I don't know how to use the keyboard's features well enough and could not execute the idea. I ended up manual-diving for hours, which consumed all my creative energy.

The manual(s) combined are more than 400 pages and written partly like a riddle, partly like ad libs, and partly like an old school "Choose Your Own Adventure" book. In some cases, there are many ways to achieve one thing, and it's not always apparent why you would choose one way over another. (In fact, it rarely is.) I went to bed last night feeling incompetent, which usually generates shame spiraling and french fry overconsumption.

Luckily, someone made a series of video tutorials and put them on youtube. Very helpful for a dude like me who has trouble focusing on a page for extended periods. With baby steps, I made some headway and I just got finished with some little test recordings. Voila! I am confident I can make the backing track I need for the commercial idea.

Oh. I forgot. Now I have to iron out the dialog, coach the wife (she's going to do a part), make the demo to see if the timing works, edit the dialog and track tempo as needed, re-record, add ducking so it really sounds like a radio spot, then do file conversions and drop the track into the larger album project.

Wish me luck. I'm unemployable otherwise and I need to figure out how to con(vince) someone into giving me money for my creative ideas, which I've been led to believe my whole life is the hopeless pipe dream of naive manchildren now get a real job you lazy bum.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Plus it's better than alcohol to wake up with. Get this alcoholics life in 3.5 minutes...

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Long time no see! Hope all's well.

That video is brilliant and terribly terribly sad. I kind of hate the people who were laughing at what was almost certainly a hellish existence.
edit on 12/7/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It be time to see the Christmas Dragon even if it is only on a commercial.

----------Christmas Dragon----------

Couldn't insert the video the proper way for some reason.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Hello Night. I has turned into one of those days in which the coffee isn't even helping.

Maybe I'll wake up before it's time for bed.

You described my day and night. I kept falling asleep. Now it's after 10 PM and here I am, finally awake. I swear, my internal clock is set for another part of the world.

Loved the dragon commercial! LOL
edit on 7-12-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

I always recommend youtube for tutorials or if people want to check something out.

Good luck with your demo!

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Thank God you showed up! I was worried about you Light!

That video was hilarious and like DOE said, sad.

Is that all true???? I'm afraid I don't know much about him except that he was a famous author.

Very happy to see you here with us today.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Good to see that you are awake now. Looks like it's been a late sleepy day for everyone,

BTW,

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Wide awake and midnight. I'll start sipping some sleepytime herbal tea before my melatonin later.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I was an extreme nightowl for years, waking up around 3 or 4 pm and going to bed around 8 am.

Moonjail, I called it.

posted on Dec, 7 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Wide awake and midnight. I'll start sipping some sleepytime herbal tea before my melatonin later.

Not so awake here. Little past 7 AM and sipping black coffee.

Melatonin didn't have any influence on me. None at all. I think melatonin works if the brain is physically somehow unable to produce melatonin itself or something. But when the ghosts and demons run through the room and even from ear to ear through my brains, i just can't sleep.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hi Fin, there are days when melatonin doesn't help, but usually it does. Think I'll go make that tea now.

Black coffee?

I like mine sweet.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Finspiracy

Black coffee?

I like mine sweet.

Yeah. I used to add a teaspoon of sugar into one mug of coffee. But then i ran out of sugar about a year ago, and was too lazy to go buy some. So i had my coffee black. It tasted bitter for a few days but now it has been really good for some time, no bitterness.

new topics

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join