It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 151
<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I too fear he lost everything.

I'm sure things are overwhelming right now, but I too wish he could check in.

We love you Bally!

How are you and Linda mate?

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeah I'm good mate, but not happy to hear abut Bally, though I'm sure he's fine just no power

How are you and Linda doing?

Hugs to you and Night and all the shed folk.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Thanks for asking !

We are in good spirits although Linda was told today that she has arthritis in one hip.
The physio seems to think that excersises will allow her to avoid surgery.
She sees her Dr. this Friday.

Trying to grow old gracefully is harder than it sounds !!

Having said that, there are always those worse off. So, thankful to be here and still have a laugh !

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That reply ^^ was for you too Raine !

😊

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Yep, getting old is anything but graceful. I have arthritis and other painful ailments. It helps to have a sense of humor and...prescriptions.

Your avatar is trying to kiss me.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Your avatar is trying to kiss me.

Haha! I guess it can be seen that way also.

What often happens to me, is that i am rolling a cigarette and Timely's avatar jumps out and look at me like "Seriously? Are you going to smoke that garbage?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Feeling calm and good

I spent some time in my sauna and then shower. Then 2 glasses of cold water and a cold can of beer.

The main reason why i prefer sauna + shower combo, instead of only shower, is that when i am in the sauna, it purifies me mentally. Shower does that only physically.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for you kind thoughts and concern. True love and the tinlids are okay. Dogstars are fine. I lost 1 chook. (rescued the rest) There's always one chook who doesn't know what is best for it. (Bit like 'chicken little')

I'm sitting at home with the generator purring in the background. We have no power as yet.

I cannot adequately describe what has occurred as it would read like some fiction novel. I have managed to save my lovely house and my neighbor Al's house. The mayhem around me lasted 10 hours in the dark and being here by myself (no help) was actually a positive thing. Didn't have anyone else to worry about. And yes, I had a fire plan that I tend to think that only I could have enacted sorry to say. I love my house to death. Tragically most of everything around me is cinders except Al's house and mine.

All other neighbors properties are smoke. There are a couple of stories of survival by some better people but they lost all.

With all the sounds of the fire storm, gas bottles from nearby blocks going up, my cottage basically exploding in a fire ball and the old 'troop carrier' blowing up next to me I was pretty lucky. Got a bit of flash burn to my eyes and ringing in my ears. I see there is a thread about me. What an honor. I will answer that thread.

Um, I have managed to get the home functioning so we are comfortable albeit with the lovely generator noise. Kinda like glamping.

The fire chased me inside the house a couple of times and I had to put the embers out on the floor, get a few breaths then race out the back door and give it to the bugger again. I pumped the dam basically dry and my house water tank. Sad to see those beautiful pumps and their faithful hoses burned. That was the scariest thing, running out of water and the pumps stopping. It was just buckets after that.

I would add more but in tribute to that other thread. It's a bit hard as my head is still getting around what happened but if there are any ATS'ers near my location it would be most appreciative if they drop by for a visit and take some pics. I have a big house and resources to accommodate them. I cannot describe what occurred as it is surreal perhaps someone else could do it for me. I did miss you guys and I must thank my brainiac son for setting my communication up. I had no idea how to do it. 'True Love' is watching attentively over my shoulder as I enter this reply. Thanks to all our well wishers from Australia and around the world.

Kind regards as always,

Bally

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001
Thank heavens you and yours are ok !
Many of us were really worried about you. Must have been scary fighting that fire all by yourself. So happy you managed to save your home as well as Als.

Say thank you to your son for us.. many will be happy to hear from you... as they were all praying for you.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Thank heavens you and yours are ok !
Many of us were really worried about you. Must have been scary fighting that fire all by yourself. So happy you managed to save your home as well as Als.

Say thank you to your son for us.. many will be happy to hear from you... as they were all praying for you.

Thank you Sheye. I just passed your regards to my son who gave me a funny look like "It was nothin dad."

Your thoughts are appreciated. All of you.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 18-11-2019 by bally001 because: Spillin mistooks

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy
Feeling calm and good

I spent some time in my sauna and then shower. Then 2 glasses of cold water and a cold can of beer.

The main reason why i prefer sauna + shower combo, instead of only shower, is that when i am in the sauna, it purifies me mentally. Shower does that only physically.

Lucky bugger. Try an ember shower.
Cold beer would be nice but I couldn't get into a sauna just now.

Thanks for your thoughts,

bally

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Well done mate!

Glad to hear from you at last. I am surprised your cell towers are up so soon.

... and you saved the house. You're a real Aussie bloke, mate!

P

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Well done mate!

Glad to hear from you at last. I am surprised your cell towers are up so soon.

... and you saved the house. You're a real Aussie bloke, mate!

P

My regards to you P. I'm just happy I can finally converse again. My house was insured but my neighbors wasn't. His (Al) is an old timber home with a feel. I guess I'm happy that I managed to save his place but it wasn't easy managing both especially as his place has no fire hoses.

My header tank is on a lean from fire damage and my power box is cinders. I have an assessor coming out today (12.58am here) so those are my immediate priorities, Got some water delivered and reworked the house pump with a bit of slap and tickle. Fire hose up and running again.

Funny how "The Shed" also feels like home.

My regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Not very clear but you can see the village of Nymboida on the map was overwhelmed.

Near the little blue flame in the shaded area.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

OMG, thank goodness you are back! I had a feeling you were ok, but feared that you might have lost your home. I was confident that you were ok, then I wasn't, then I was, then I wasn't then...LOL
You made my day Sweetie. I can relax now.
You made me so happy when you said the Shed was like home.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: Nyiah

When I plopped on my rear, I also smacked the edge of the stair above it pretty good, so I've got a nifty bruise across my lower back from that. I ALSO somehow managed to bang up the backside of my forearm on one side, so I have a bruise stripe from what I assume to be scraping the arm down a couple stairs, running the whole length of the forearm.

Man, when these bruises come in fully, it's going to be a sight XD Needless to say, I'm more than a little sore today, and ibuprofen is my buddy.

Hey Nyiah! Stop bruising yourself! We don't like it like that!

You give a very calm and reasonable impression of yourself. You and the hubby and the bunny and everything. I admire that. I see stability in your daily life. I lack that, i horribly lack that.

Everybody has their own tailored version of stability to rely on -- one person's stability is another's chaos, and one person's chaos is another's stability. Kinda like the one man's trash is another's treasure phrase

a reply to: Nyiah

No matter what you talk about, you always make it interesting and or entertaining.

Didn't mean to laugh when I read that you fell, but I had visuals and you're ok and didn't break anything.

Nah, laugh away, that's what I did after I made sure I didn't break anything XD Life's better when you laugh at yourself instead of getting upset about the random unpleasant things in life. Yeah, sometimes stuff really sucks, but if you look at things closely enough, everything has a humor lining waiting to be found

Losing power sucks! Hope you don't have to wait too long. I could send a lot of faeries your way for light. Or, I could use my elven power, but I don't know if it would reach that far.

Don't know what you said to the fairies, but they sure worked some magic and got the power back on at 6 sharp!

According to hubby, there was a car accident in the neighborhood that was still sitting there & waiting to be towed off when he came home, and one car had taken a power pole out, so that explains that. Doesn't explain the all-day flickering, though, I wonder what was causing that...

Poor Burt might have to wait 2 more weeks for his monthly tooth trim, the vet is booked solid. We're on standby for being a priority call if someone cancels or some appointments go fast & there's an open window between appointments -- they're less than 10 minutes away and trims take less than 15 minutes in & out, the vet's real quick at them. If a 30 minute window manages to open on one of hubby's days off, we're as golden as if someone canceled. We just have to wait and see, otherwise the next available appointment time is in the first week of December

I hope he doesn't have to wait that long, that'd be really pushing it and we'll definitely have to help him eat, his teeth are already a hair long enough to make eating his greens without help a slight PITA for him. He's stubborn, and prefers to try himself anyway, but he does have a limit, so once it gets to be too much of a PITA, he let's you help him eat.

And no, this is not something we'd ever try ourselves, splitting/breaking teeth is a huge risk and I'd rather not gamble on that. Last thing I want to do is cause the poor dude extreme mouth pain to DIY at home
He goes in for a trim every 4 weeks, right when the teeth start to overgrow, the timing there has always been just right for his tooth growth speed.
edit on 11/18/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Ah, a little faery magic works wonders.

I am curious about rabbits needing their teeth trimmed. What do wild rabbits do? Don't they sell chew sticks or something that would help? Splain this interesting concept to me. Seriously, I've never heard of this and like to learn things.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Are the lurkers in the wine cellar today? I set up a fireplace down there. It's cold! BRRRR!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Ah, a little faery magic works wonders.

I am curious about rabbits needing their teeth trimmed. What do wild rabbits do? Don't they sell chew sticks or something that would help? Splain this interesting concept to me. Seriously, I've never heard of this and like to learn things.

Well, ideally, the incisors are properly aligned, and thus they wear down naturally through chewing and eating, even in the wild. The problem is that malocclusion, or misaligned teeth, is a common thing in rabbits -- the teeth don't line up right, and never wear down properly like they should, or at all. Think of it as our front and bottom teeth being at opposing angles and never contacting each other or food right. For a rabbit, that's how they keep them worn down right, otherwise they just keep growing in length because nothing's wearing them down, or not wearing them down enough.

If left to grow on their own, they can start to look like tusks. And if they're really crooked, the angle's any which way. The bottom ones can puncture & grow through cheeks/lips, or in the case of the top ones curving inward, pose a big risk of cutting the tongue or growing into the roof of the mouth. That's not somewhere that needs to be punctured

Here's a link to Google search results, click on Images to see how bad it can get if they can't wear their teeth down right.

top topics

<< 148  149  150    152  153  154 >>

join