It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Isn't it ironic how teenagers can simultaneously know everything and be capable of, basically, nothing? I fit that profile to a "T" as a pup.

These days I want to erase half of what I do know!

Oi!
edit on 10/30/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

As teenagers we all thought we knew everything, had all the answers and we were gonna live forever. What a rude awakening eh? When I die, I'm going to have a long talk about how things are run down here, like aging sucks and people should be kinder, we have incurable diseases and great suffering, hunger and struggling people all over the world. GAH! I have to get on the committee and suggest a better way or something.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I miss the dragon mail alert pic you used to post for me when you had a message. I answered Blue.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

LOL! Loved the meme!

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

All the "Answers" i have reached are either wrong, or pops up more questions.

I'm sure that not all your answers are wrong. As for more questions popping up, yes. The more we delve into something, the more questions we have. I guess that's how we learn things.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
That's it i have to go to ferry in the near future. Finland-Sweden-Finland.

I used to do it all the time when i was younger. Sometimes every week. Then i forgot how to party and became an expert on numbing the pain and didn't go to ferry anymore.

Now i need snus. Lots of it. I can't get rid of nicotine and my lungs are a mess. Pharmacy nicotine replacement products cost a billion euros. I have quit smoking before with snus and i am going to do it again.

24 hour cruise. I can handle it. I just make my move from the cabin to the tax free shop, then back to cabin and stay there alone, maybe read a book.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I'm sure that not all your answers are wrong. As for more questions popping up, yes. The more we delve into something, the more questions we have. I guess that's how we learn things.

You nailed it NS

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Snus was a useful smoking-cessation aid for me. I quit snus a few months back but i am miserable without nicotine. I like the pipe and only smoke it occassionally.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

originally posted by: bally001
He needs a bit of fine tuning.

You are a class act and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. This is the gentlest and most reasonably measured way of saying "He's a hopeless punk, but so was I and somehow I survived." Have I read between the lines correctly?

Or am I projecting my own wishful thinking

You're close DOE but he is cool. Doesn't drink alcohol. doesn't smoke and despises drugs. Very respectful young man. Clean living? Call it what you like. But the sense of humor is there but perhaps needs tuning regards dad jokes. But I understand. He's young. So, when I crack a sick 'dad joke' he laughs but the rest of the kids go, "omg dad". He may laugh out of respect, I can cop that but even the stupidest dad joke that makes the young ones go 'OMG dad' gives me satisfaction. A very important observation for a young father." Cop it on the chin and you will win."

Always smiling and laughing out loud.

Bally

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

originally posted by: bally001
I'm still waiting patiently
for the wisdom that supposedly comes with old age.
Anyone else?

Nah, won't happen. I knew EVERYTHING when i was a teen. Absolutely everything about all things. Then it has been a steady downfall from that as i have aged a bit

My thoughts from bally,

Adjust, adapt, overcome, matey.

3 wise words no matter who you are in later life.

Kind regards,

bally

edit on 30-10-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
That Bloody Mask

"RICKY!! Jesus! You bloody IDIOT!!!
I nearly had a heart attack!!!
Take that thing off - I really, REALLY don't like it! Take it off and STOP scaring me!! NOW!!"

The look on Dana's face was priceless, but Ricky could sense that he'd pushed it a bit too far this time, and maybe it would be a good idea to shelve the Scary Clown Mask... for a while.

Halloween was fast approaching, and the young couple were looking forward to spending their first one alone together in their new apartment. Dana had bought a few small decorative gourds, some plastic spiders and fake cobwebs to place around the living areas and was planning on making candy-toffee-apples like her grandma used to make.
Ricky was just looking forward to spooking the neighborhood kids with his Scary Clown Mask & Costume, then childishly gorging himself on chocolate like he'd always done.

The nights were getting colder now, and they didn't have much money to spend on heating the apartment, but at least it was wind & water tight and they could always put an extra sweater on, or cuddle on the sofa if they got too cold.
Tonight was particularly cold however, to the point where Dana could actually see her own breath as she exhaled and it was decided that they would have an early night...

Ricky placed his Clown Mask on the coffee table then went through to the kitchen for a glass of water, so Dana jumped at the chance to get to the washroom first (for a change!). Like many couples, it was always an irritating point of "debate" as to who spent the most time getting ready in there!
She quickly went through her night-time routine, brushed her teeth, then wandered through to the bedroom to get ready for bed.
Glancing over her shoulder to make sure that Ricky wasn't there "ogling" her, she pulled off her favorite wool sweater, and slipped out of her T-shirt and jeans. As she stepped forward towards the closet, she saw her own reflection in the mirror and stopped to see how she was looking. After all... she was "getting on a bit" now that she'd hit her twenties!

Dana was a tall, slender girl and some people said that she was very pretty, but she had always seen herself as being a bit too lean, too... skinny. Tonight however, something was different: She looked beautiful standing there in the faint glow of the lamp-light, in her black-lace lingerie and just for a moment - she smiled to herself, imagining what she was going to look like when her pregnancy really got into full swing.

It was at this precise moment that she felt a slight shudder as she remembered how cold the apartment was and turned again towards the bedroom closet with its slatted wooden doors.
She was just about to put her hand on the closet door handle when she heard the soft clicking of coat hangers moving around inside and, just for a second... her heart leapt before the realization dawned on her that Ricky was up to his old tricks again!
She angrily flung open the closet door and sure enough; there stood the stupid Scary Clown, his exaggerated maniacal cackles closely followed by the drawn-out "heavy-breathing" which was now creepily visible in the cold bedroom air.

"Not Funny Ricky. Not Funny at all!" and Dana just grabbed her PJ's, spun around completely unimpressed and stormed out of the bedroom heading back to the washroom to get dressed for bed.

It was only when she got to the washroom door that Dana noticed Ricky must have left the kitchen light on, and she cursed him as she realized that SHE'd be the one to have to go and sort it out.
Then, as she stepped through the lounge, she also noticed that he'd uncharacteristically left the water running from the kitchen tap, and that he'd spilled drops of ketchup or something on the floor... and she felt that cold shudder again.
So, she ran to the kitchen, shut off the tap, switched the light off and was hurriedly skipping back across the lounge towards the washroom again when she saw "something" unusual sticking out from behind the sofa...

It was quite dark now that she'd extinguished the light and, in her already heightened state of alarm (thanks to the Scary Clown caper) her imagination began to run wild...
Slowly, she gathered her courage and gradually... gingerly stepped forward towards the sofa... clutching her PJ's close to her pounding heart...
It was only when she got up really close that she could properly make out the shape of a leg... and Ricky's unmistakable white sneakers...

She let out a mournful whimper as it suddenly dawned on her that they were soaked in blood... the rug beneath her bare-feet seemed to be wet and sticky with it too, so she looked down through the welling tears... and there on the table... sat Ricky's Clown Mask... right where he'd left it earlier... and she heard the faint noise of the bedroom closet door creak slowly open...

THE END

I know.... I KNOW!!!
G

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Lol, it's snowing. Big, wet, sloppy flakes melting on contact with things, but it's snowing regardless.

It's supposed to either rain, snow, or both tomorrow (Halloween), too. Kids know this and are fine about it. Younger kid has had her fingers crossed for a snowy Halloween for months now ("It's always either raining, very cold, or both. I want snow this year!") Well kiddo, looks like you're probably getting your wish there, hah. It's not like a little frozen precipitation is going to stop any kid up here from trick-or-treating, lmao.

Hurry up coffee pot, brew faster...too much time spent with my nose plastered to the windows this morning, I'm way behind on the coffee intake < yawns >

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Looks like you found your muse...keep 'em coming...
edit on 10/30/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Spooky story, yay!
Thanks Gordi!

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's just as difficult waking up in the morning as it is getting to sleep at night. Eyes are half open and I've only had one cup of coffee. Feel like I could drink a whole pot. Hey Nyiah, did you re-fill the pot?

Snow already in some States? GAH! Looks like rain for us all week.

I have to get dressed and put my face on now as I am going out with my Sister to run a few errands in a while. Could someone point me in the right direction?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Forgot to say hello to everyone. Hello everyone!

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Saying hello to everyone as well.

No energy for thinking today as I can't sleep much as I'm concerned over what the cardiologist has in store for me when I see him tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
It's just as difficult waking up in the morning as it is getting to sleep at night. Eyes are half open and I've only had one cup of coffee. Feel like I could drink a whole pot. Hey Nyiah, did you re-fill the pot?

Yeah, made a strong pot, and I'm pretty sure the pixies drank it. Darn things are VERY hyper now.

Snow already in some States? GAH! Looks like rain for us all week.

Yeppers, looks like a good fifth of the country has snow on the ground today, or at least had it at some point during the day. The NOAA map showed snow in Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, both Dakotas, Nebras...you know what, it's just easier to say most of the plains & Midwest had at least a dusting already, lol.

Speaking of dustings, um. Winter Weather Advisory for us tomorrow, heh. Trick-or-treating is definitely going to have to include parking the car somewhere on each street so there's somewhere warm & dry to duck into, especially since now we're bringing one of their friends along (unless her parents decide otherwise, in light of the WWA)

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THURSDAY TO 8 AM
EDT FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Rain will mix with snow by late morning Thursday then
change to all snow by early to mid afternoon. This will be a
heavy wet snow. Accumulation rates may approach an inch an hour
during the evening commute. Total snow accumulations of up to 3
inches.

* WHERE...Portions of central, southwest and west central
Michigan.

* WHEN...From 2 PM Thursday to 8 AM EDT Friday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous
conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. Expect
some power outages due to tree branches falling on power lines.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Winds will become strong and gusty during
the afternoon and continue into the evening. Given that many of
the trees still have leaves on them the snow loading on those
trees will likely result in tree branches falling on power lines
and in turn causing some power outages. Locally higher snowfall
amounts are possible.

Ok, so the younger kid definitely got her wish there. I need to work on her about wishing for winning the Powerball....

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

What he has in store for you is to do whatever he can to help make you feel better. Good luck with your visit tomorrow Blue! Hugs!

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

60 degree weather here and rain. High wind alert for tonight and tomorrow. You can keep your snow.

I remember when I was a kid, climbing crusty snow mountains and pretending I was on a planet where the weather was always like that. I would try and see how far I could walk without hitting a soft patch. Lol

One year my neighbor Dan built an igloo and we sat inside. It was so cool. Then there was sledding in the park and holding on for dear life onto one of those old wooden sleds with metal. An antique now. Haha!

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join