It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

You won't forget coffee. Who forgets coffee? That's like forgetting to get tobacco.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You won't forget coffee. Who forgets coffee? That's like forgetting to get tobacco.

Haha! "Who forgets coffee?"

Look, lady. I would forget my own head somewhere if it wasn't attached to the rest of my body!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Now that you mention it, so would I.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow, look at this cool looking thing!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Whoa! A truly beautiful creature!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I thought so too.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

In the next apartment building from this, lives a woman with a cute dog. I don't know much about dogs, but this one is black and white colored, and medium-sized for a dog.

If i walk empty handed, that dog wiggles tail and acts like i am the coolest thing ever. But when i carry something, anything, the dog growls. I don't know what's up with that.

I just left my apartment, saw the woman with the dog, and the dog was a real sweetheart. Then i returned home, carrying a bag of food (and coffee!) in other hand and an 18-pack of beer in other hand. Woman and the dog was still there. I got some serious growls. I just thought to myself "hey, doggie, i am the exact same dude as 15 minutes ago!"

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Well here it is, only in the shed thanks folks.

The 2 weeks my true love was away I did some serious thinking. I know I bought all this junk food. Some casks of wine and beers. Believe it or not, most of it is still in the fridge/freezer.

This last year I have ballooned from the skinny bloke to a pregnant male look. I started growing jowls. My shade hats we're fitting and I couldn't get into any of my old clothes. I have to use a beach towel instead of a bath towel. Plumbers crack is prevalent. Got difficult bending to put on shoes and socks. Couldn't fit my riding boots on. I went from 'small size' clothes to 'Extra Large'. Ankles went to cankles and knees started aching. I was becoming lazy and not concentrating on finishing jobs. I'd start 'beer o'clock' at 8am. Felt unproductive by midday. The only time I didn't drink in the morning is if I had to drive. I could go on. I have dieted before.

You may have noticed this last week that I've dropped off from posting. I've cut back on computer time.

So, what occurred was the realization that I was becoming a slob. Last week I gave the grog away completely, literally gave it away. Gave it to Al next door. (Perhaps not a good thing for him, but?) Gave up sugar completely. Just black coffee from now on. No more milk or bread. No meat for now. What I was finding is that even after eating a full meal, I was hungry again shortly after. I went into town with a list of 10 foods that help to suppress appetite. Mostly greens and fruit. No, I'm no going vegan,,,, I'm going to ,,,, be skinny again. When true love got home she was quite amazed at what I'm eating.

Even this one week, the change is noticeable. I'm more alert. I have increasing energy and a desire to do things. My sleep pattern has improved and I can say my sH1t is together. I haven't the need for antacid relief. At my age of 61, I was looking at being a blimp by 62.

It's a pledge I've made to myself and I will let myself celebrate at Xmas when I get to see our kids and new grandchild.

No more alcohol for sure, meat, sugar, bread, Snackos' or dairy products except my fresh eggs until then. Boring but an interesting experiment for me. If I fail, I have only myself to blame.

Kind regards,

Fatty Boom Bah Bally

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Great determination! You can do it!

We here at the Shed will support you and i am confident that your true love will give support to you too

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Fin, Thanks for your kind support sir. It's what I'm looking for. Someone to make me report to, hence 'The Shed'.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Good move mate!

You will live longer and enjoy your Grandchildren.

Give it a few years until they get out of nappies ... I can see going to grandpa's for holidays a real thing.

Just another reason to get healthy.

P

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

On ya Bally !

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Good move mate!

You will live longer and enjoy your Grandchildren.

Give it a few years until they get out of nappies ... I can see going to grandpa's for holidays a real thing.

Just another reason to get healthy.

P

Thanks. Since semi retiring, I have over indulged in the respective comforts of life. Time for a tune up. By the way, the latest edition to the family will be moving to Adelaide with my daughter and her beau. I live in the Northern Rivers region of NSW. The will be dropping by at Xmas on their way south from Darwin to start their new life. I have 2 other grown children from a previous relationship in Adelaide as well.

That's your neck of the woods isn't it?

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

On ya Bally !

Cheers mate. Nice to have support. When my true love went to Darwin recently she caught up with a retired work mate. My old boss. A real NT legend. Anyway she apparently showed him a recent pic of me.

His words, "Nah, surely not, he was always skinny and fit."

That resonated with me and further enforced my desire to be skinny again. Maybe not fitter but certainly lighter.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Maybe there was a time when someone was carrying something heavy and dropped it, unintentionally hurting the dog. Now he sees someone carrying something and thinks STAY AWAY! I don't know.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Thanks Night.
I've been busy.
I'm still busy.
It's hard for me to find time to write tales or interact with everyone.
But I still lurk and read posts.

I do miss the old gang.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I wish you luck with your healthy lifestyle Bally.

I've made small changes like adding more fruit and vegetables, but carbs are my downfall. I love different kinds of bread, pasta, rice...even potatoes have carbs. love my potatoes.

Black coffee? OMG, I tried that once and no way! Lol
I get frustrated because being disabled, I can't go on long walks or anything because of pain. My medications hate me. I'm on a few that are known for making people gain weight. All prescriptions have their bad side affects and some I had to change. I need the prescriptions I'm on though.

I'll have to try to work harder on my diet. Years ago I lost a lot of weight. I went to Weight Watchers. Men for some reason can lose weight easier than woman. I would get frustrated when I would have a week where I did good, yet stayed the same weight, while Hubby cheated with ice cream and stuff and lost weight. LOL That's when they told us that men lose easier, they see it all the time. At the time, I walked a lot, ate like a bird and looked great, but was hungry a lot. Gah!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

I'm very happy that you at least have been lurking. Man, it sucks when people are stuck in the real world. Lol

Hopefully, there will come a time when things slow down for you and you can visit more often. Hugs!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Hello golden dragon/Wolf Lord! Always loved that avatar of yours!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I wish you luck with your healthy lifestyle Bally.

I've made small changes like adding more fruit and vegetables, but carbs are my downfall. I love different kinds of bread, pasta, rice...even potatoes have carbs. love my potatoes.

Black coffee? OMG, I tried that once and no way! Lol

Thanks for your kind words. All of the above are my fav things too. As I've said I'm doing this until xmas. The reflection in the mirror after getting out of the shower embarrassed me. (not a nice thing to post, I know). But I found I was becoming very impatient as I gained pounds. Cranky or Cantankerous (as you might say over in the states) with small matters. That was the real reflection = I was unhappy in myself and expressed that at times.

Black coffee? Yeah, I know but it's apparently part of suppressing hunger and that's what has been interesting during this experiment even in the short time I started. The foods really appear to be working for me. Black coffee especially. Two bonuses, black coffee is easier to make and I'll save water on the farm by not having to wash extra body in the shower, ha ha.

Only 2 and a bit months to go.

My kind regards as always,

Bubbles Bally

edit on 18-10-2019 by bally001 because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join