It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 23

page: 111
<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

That's ok. You can still hang out and post.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

He was supposed to get a call today, but they didn't call. He has a number of Doctors who get together so not sure what happened. As it stands for now, he will be getting the device put in to ready him for dialysis. There is no good news I'm afraid. There are no cures for this. Eventually he will need a kidney transplant, but there is like a 6 year wait for that.

When he does go on dialysis, it will be 3 times a week for 3 hours each time until he gets a new kidney. Long wait for that though.

Right now, it's one day at a time, one appointment at a time and trying to stay positive that he will be around for years yet. Pray everyone, pray. Send positive energy and whatever ya got. Mark has a great attitude and is fine. Me, I'm fine if he's fine. Scared and worried, but ok for now.

Yes, I do worry when people don't post. I keep thinking that our sacred home will die. I miss people when they disappear or haven't been in a while.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Nothing new after your appointment? Well, that is better than bad news.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Doctor visit today was not one to write home about. Therefore nothing really new with me today.

Oh i see. Not cool...

I skipped mine completely. Tuesday's doctor visit. I can as well confess it right away.

I spent practically the whole day in my bed, trying to reach a state of apathy. I am getting really good at it. When all my thoughts, all my feelings, are against me, it is better to not think or feel anything at all.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
A PM for you non-the-less.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Yes, I do worry when people don't post. I keep thinking that our sacred home will die. I miss people when they disappear or haven't been in a while.

It won't die. Take my word for it.

If everyone else goes away, i will still post and then reply to myself.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Ok Blue, I'll go read it.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Bahahaha. You won't have to reply to yourself, I'll be here with you.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Good news -as I said a while back I was taking some time off the computer to put my health back in order,so far Ive lost 40 pounds,I have changed my diet and my blood pressure is now normal and I have not had to inject for diabetes for 4 weeks now,Ive got about 40 pounds to go but already Im very happy with the improvement

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Good news -as I said a while back I was taking some time off the computer to put my health back in order,so far Ive lost 40 pounds,I have changed my diet and my blood pressure is now normal and I have not had to inject for diabetes for 4 weeks now,Ive got about 40 pounds to go but already Im very happy with the improvement

Superb willpower!
Great job!

I admire people who set positive goals for themselves and then act to reach them!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Thanks....A good friend of mine is getting married overseas early next year so the plan is to be in as good a shape as possible by then

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

That is wonderful news! I need to lose weight myself. Why can't foods that are bad for us be good for us?

My Husband is a long term diabetic type2.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I used to be really disciplined... once upon a time.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Tell your husband to look up the insulin index of foods not the glycemic index thats what I use,obviously work together with your Doctor, but if you loose weight cut out the carbs as much as possible and sugars you can put diabetes 2 into remission.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I used to be really disciplined... once upon a time.

You still are. You are 100% constantly kind and polite towards everyone. You have wisdom and you share it, asking nothing in return. That is some true discipline right there.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

He recently was hospitalized for low blood sugar. Lately they have been good readings. He had to cut down on the amount of insulin he was taking. But, thanks. Keep up the good work Khnum! How long have you been diabetic?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Awww, you're so sweet. Thank you for the kind words!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

5 years ago I was diagnosed so its been with me a while,Im glad your husband is using less its actually the insulin that makes you overweight not blood sugar,there is a very good book by Dr Fung called 'The obesity code' which expains it all he also has a you tube channel,Dr Berg is another good very you tube channel.

edit on 17-10-2019 by khnum because: spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

He was overweight many years ago, but has been thin for many years now. He could stand to gain some weight.
You are lucky it's only been 5 years for you. You are doing great. Keep at it!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have absolutely no coffee here at home. But i had my nice 2 mugs of morning coffee, and therefore, i will not declare national emergency. I am going grocery shopping in a few hours. The main purpose of this post is to leave a stronger memory print to my brains so that i more likely remember to buy coffee. If i forget, i will slap myself

new topics

top topics

<< 108  109  110    112  113  114 >>

join