It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edwards AFB Airshow 2005

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hey guys

I went to the 2003 Edwards Airshow and it was the best airshow ive ever been too. I am from San Diego and Miramar puts on one of the best airshows in the world each year, but it was nothing compared to Edwards. They flew every plane, B1, B2, F-117, Raptor (First time in Public, which was unreal. When I saw the raptor pull off the runway, it was at full burner and just blew the f-15 chase plane away. If you have never been, I would strongly suggest going, not to mention, you feel as if you on area 51 out in the middle of the desert with nothing around you but air force.

Heres a link to some really nice pictures.

edwards.airshowjournal.com...

P.S. The C-17 Globemaster III almost went straight vertical off the runway, WOW! And the B1 set 52 world speed records that weekend, talk about screaming fast.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I love the airshows! We live very near the now closed El Toro MCAS. They used to have a great air show every year. We may go to the Miramar show this year. How often does Edwards have an airshow? It looks like they just have an open house this year but no flight demonstrations - ?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
They had to cancel 2004 airshow due to lack of what they called resources due to the war. My guess is that they had alot of secret testing to do. Who knows, but 2005 is still a go.

And to all the aircraft buffs out there, edwards web site is a great place to go to find news about new upgrades to advanced fighters and bombers, every week they update and they have fascinating weaponry upgrades all the time, and news about the airborne laser and the such.

Train

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Edwards AFB is a must see event. Currently due to security reasons its the only time you can now see the flight test museum which is sort of like stepping into the Right Stuff movie!!!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Cool, I saw an N-9M in the pictures! I know they have one they restored, but I didn't think it was flying. The N-9M was a testbed for the XB-35, one of the predicessors of the B-2 Spirit!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 4-3-2005 by ghost]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
is anyone here going to the avalon airshow in australia, and does anyone kno any plans about it???

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes, they actually flew the yellow b-2 wanna be, it was boring and didnt deserve to be at Edwards. But they did fly the b1-b by about 8 times all at around 600 mph or higher, just under speed of sound and the last time he flew by, to break the 1200 km distance record, he pulled it hard and rolled the plane, fully loaded with all 84, 500 pound inert bombs, i was stunned

Train

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wow,nice pics....what can i say.....

apc

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Attach orbiter here. NOTE: Black side down.

Ahahahahaha

top topics

join