It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

and you thought you were having a bad month....man spends month as food supply for a bear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Yeah, a bear drags a man into his cave and keeps him there for a month, a month!!

Hunters thought they found a mummy but the guy spoke. His voice is strong, his body is not. His eyes are messed up, there is a video

This brings life in perspective.

there are tons of stories, here is just a random one I grabbed from my DuckDuckGo search

www.dailystar.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Dang... that is messed up. I mean the guy is beyond lucky.

How do we know it wasn't a big foot?
edit on 26-6-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Damn, there are so many bears where we work, we now carry radios, we have them on security vid opening up car doors!!

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Nature is something else aint it?

But is this any different then we would do, or have done to our foodstock going back in all our history?

Just count your good graces that bears have a lower primitive brain and dont posses a thumb. Or that could have been the future of mankind. Being kept around in pens for consumption at a latter date.

Though I am surprised the bear keept him around that long. Could not have been about food, because at that point that guy is just skin and bones, not much worth really for a bear. I suppose you could say hes lucky he did not get eaten earlier, or depends on what your definition of luck is.

Dam nature, you scary.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Maybe the bear had plans for romance and was just waiting for a "heat" cycle, or something.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I tried looking at the pics and video, but i couldn't bear it.

Yeh I know....I'll see myself out......

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Dude had to have been a Russian. I mean, if anybody was going to survive a month hanging in a bear's meat locker, it would have had to have been a Ruskie.

Well, maybe a South African; they're pretty damn hardcore, too.

But probably a Russian.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I call bs on all of this.
He was held for a month as food? Did the bear feed him? He has a spinal injury, so I assume self mobilization was an issue.

Unless the bear brought him food and water, this cannot happen.
If the bear brought him food and water, bears should be re-evaluated for their intelligence.

Oh. It's from Russia. Must be true.
Sigh.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Ah brah! Bears dont do romance. Its why the female bears hightail it out of there when the cubs come, thats just a tasty morsel to most bears if the hunger hits them.

They may not do romance. But they do hiding tasty snacks and saving them for a latter date. Its there version of romance.

Ever see documentaries on lions? Watch one on the Mapogo brothers pride or any other. Ever hear the expression there is nothing in the world harder then being born a male lion? It just may be the truest thing anybody has ever said.

Some say the lioness have it harder, but trust me, they have it bad, but its nothing compared to being born a male lion. I think I almost got a tear in my eye when the other pride finally got Mr T down and out. And I didn't even like that one. When kinky tail died though, that was sad. Seing an old male lion in the wild, is almost akin to finding a unicorn.

Bears may come in a second or third to lions.

This guy though that was saved as a snack for latter on? Does not surprise me in the least its common for all types of wildlife to break the spine and leave the meal for a later date. The bear may just have forgotten about him for all anybody knows. Or probably got killed one day by another bear, or any number of things could have happened.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme
Your body would eat itself to survive, like you see in the vid and pictures.

And yes you could drink your own piss to survive for a month, but imagine that would not be easy even without a broken spine.

But a month is a long time, and if he was in a cave he could have liked rocks on rainy days to get salt or water from moisture, or any number of things including that water would seep in there when it rains.

So yes, its how they do it. Break the spine and ditch them somewhere in there territory and come back at a latter date to munch on. Hes lucky it was not a leg here and an arm next week. But once the feeding starts its usually all the way. And yes bears like other wild animals, eat there pray alive so they dont kill them. But if they do, they eat them then and there.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I call bs on all of this.
He was held for a month as food? Did the bear feed him? He has a spinal injury, so I assume self mobilization was an issue.

Unless the bear brought him food and water, this cannot happen.
If the bear brought him food and water, bears should be re-evaluated for their intelligence.

Oh. It's from Russia. Must be true.
Sigh.

Sorry but my b.s. thing is kinda dinging too.

I read this story earlier on Drudge. It is......I dunno just hard to believe.

Example how did he drink his own urine if he had a broken back?
edit on 27-6-2019 by 4891morfih because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

And yes you could drink your own piss to survive for a month, but imagine that would not be easy even without a broken spine.

But a month is a long time, and if he was in a cave he could have liked rocks on rainy days to get salt or water from moisture, or any number of things including that water would seep in there when it rains.

So yes, its how they do it. Break the spine and ditch them somewhere in there territory and come back at a latter date to munch on. Hes lucky it was not a leg here and an arm next week. But once the feeding starts its usually all the way. And yes bears like other wild animals, eat there pray alive so they dont kill them. But if they do, they eat them then and there.

He only guessed it had been a month, could of been a week or 10 days.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

A broken back doesn't mean anything specific as far as mobility goes, he could of been able to have movement, upper body maybe.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

You dont lose that much body mass in 10 days. It would be bad, but nothing like the zombification you see. He is even going blind, or looks to be practically blind, that to is from the body eating up itself and not getting nowhere near enough nutrients.

So yes, I think it had to be a bit longer then 10 days for all that to happen even if he was a skinny fellow going in.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Okay.

Seriously you don't think shock would be an issue?

I mean come on the story is baloney.

Not from the op just the story is bull.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

You could be right, hard to say with certainty one way or the other, tough old fella in any case.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Some people are tougher than others, he would not be the first person to survive a massive trauma unaided.
I obviously do not know for sure that this is real, but I feel it is within the realm of possibility.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

What?

What the hell...

That is on the top five list of stupid things said in stupid town.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Wow..have a nice evening
edit on 27-6-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird

I've dealt with black bears. Not brown bears. But still this is not a pattern for a bear. This is BS

top topics

<<   2 >>

join