It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation for SOME Mandela Effects

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
how would they know that already,

when the commercials were made the same year they supposedly created 'Stove Top' stuffing in the first place?

doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: Nothin

Searched both terms yesterday with Google, and no products came-up.
Only found comments on the condition.

Today: boom! There it is: "Swim-Ear".

Perhaps that is another Mandellla Effect?

Your google must have been broken. Upon reading you post yesterday, I did a Google search for it because I had never heard of the product "Swim-Ear" either. My Google responded just fine with product information and where to buy it.

Yup. Have already emailed Google to report a broken Google.

JK.
Probably me that made a mistake, by only searching "Swimmer's-Ear", then may have forgot to do a second search for "Swim-Ear". Usually would, most of the time, but it seems like may have forgot this time.

My imperfect memory prevents me from assuming Mandellla shenanigans, LoL!

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Nope.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
a reply to: Nothin

Nope.

Well alrighty then.

Carry-on.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: tayton

Dolly was this nerdy-looking
girl in the movie Moonraker.
edit on 29-6-2019 by Blastoff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No braces!

No braces.

Here's a movie still frame

Although everybody remembers Dolly (Blanche Ravalec) wearing braces in the scene where she meets Jaws for the first time, she doesn't wear braces at all. Actually, the original release of the movie in theaters, on television, and its subsequent release on VHS, she had braces when they first meet, but she didn't later on in the movie, which created a continuity error. The remastered releases on DVD and Blu-ray "fixed" this error by digitally removing them from the first time the two characters meet. YouTube has a few clips from the television broadcasts that clearly show her wearing braces, as well as clips from the remastered DVD and Blu-ray versions where they have been digitally erased.

I have this movie on Blu-ray and No Braces!

Here's a crappy VHS copy showing braces.

So, it's not Mandela Effect or losing your mind but just Hollyweird playing tricks.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Why? I'm not sure what is arrogant about saying that there's nothing conclusive yet. Of course the most reasonable assumption is that it's a memory issue, but it's just an assumption at the moment.

That's not to say I think it's anything like time travel, CERN or parallel realities or similar as there's no evidence for those ideas being the explanation for the effect either but there's some Mandela Effect (ME) examples that run contrary to how people typically behave and there is a possibility to test some of the effects to see if it is purely a memory issue or not.

For example, people remember Dolly from Moonraker wearing braces. Why not ask a large group who have never seen the movie to watch it and then interview them at regular intervals and ask them what they recall. If a statistically significant number say they remember braces then clearly it's something with how the movie is shot/framed that makes people "fill in the blanks" so it should be relatively easy to test and turn a reasonable assumption into something more conclusive.

I often see the argument that people who believe the ME hasn't been proven to be one thing or another (yet) are arrogant in that they value their own memory over recorded history. However, I've yet to talk to any so-called "ME believer" (anyone who thinks it's anywhere from inconclusive to parallel realities) who doesn't admit to having got something wrong in their memory both before and after discovering the ME. So-called believers are adamant about relatively trivial things that don't improve social standing, wealth or health and generally result in most people having a poorer opinion of you. I would've assumed that if it was out of arrogance then it would be used as an entire mental framework to justify all/majority of things people misremember as not being memory errors at all but somehow related to the ME.

I'm certainly not arguing my brain/memory is infallible as I am unfortunately all too aware of how much of a moron I can be even on my best day, but when there's examples that go against typical behaviour and at least one test that I can think of (and I'm sure brighter minds than me could come up with others) to specifically test if it is memory/brain related and could be done relatively cheaply then it seems sensible to say the only honest answer is that at the moment we don't have enough data to conclusively say what the explanation is, but the most reasonable assumption is that its memory related

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: radiusnode
I'm certainly not arguing my brain/memory is infallible as I am unfortunately all too aware of how much of a moron I can be even on my best day...

In my opinion, it doesn't take a moron or a more fallible brain to have Mandela Effect-type experiences. It's could be just a completely normal effect of the way a human brain works -- pratically any human brain.

The human brain is wired to find patterns and to associate new experiences and new knowledge with past experiences and old/existing knowledge. It does this in order to help you make sense of new information. That is, it's easier to make sense of something new if you have existing context to compare it to.

I think that sometimes during that completely normal act of your brain associating one fact/experience with an other existing fact/experience in an attempt to make sense of it, it mashes those two things together.

And with a brain being what it is, a person cannot tell that the info has been mashed together, but instead would swear that the combined info is just one piece of info.

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
No braces!

No braces.

Here's a movie still frame

Although everybody remembers Dolly (Blanche Ravalec) wearing braces in the scene where she meets Jaws for the first time, she doesn't wear braces at all. Actually, the original release of the movie in theaters, on television, and its subsequent release on VHS, she had braces when they first meet, but she didn't later on in the movie, which created a continuity error. The remastered releases on DVD and Blu-ray "fixed" this error by digitally removing them from the first time the two characters meet. YouTube has a few clips from the television broadcasts that clearly show her wearing braces, as well as clips from the remastered DVD and Blu-ray versions where they have been digitally erased.

I have this movie on Blu-ray and No Braces!

Here's a crappy VHS copy showing braces.

So, it's not Mandela Effect or losing your mind but just Hollyweird playing tricks.

So Dolly did have braces in the original movie

Now for Billy Graham dying in the early eighties

posted on Jul, 1 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Hmm... Last Time I Checked , your User Name was Archevalist , Now it's Archivalist >? WTF ! ...................)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

So what you're saying Misti Zanfit: is that the Mandellla Effect is changing our usernames?

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So what you're saying Misti Zanfit: is that the Mandellla Effect is changing our usernames?

And the spelling of Nelson Mandela's name, apparently.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

And the spelling of Nelson Mandela's name, apparently.

Really?
How do you remember his name having been spelled before?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join