It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 high school girls sue over transgender competition costing them races and scholarships

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: GenerationGap
This is the real war on women.

Indeed.

I would add that this is the real toxic masculinity that needs to stop. Not just sports, but the many many demands of men identifying as "women" to usurp and co-opt women's rights, privacy, dignity and safety.

Does anyone have a 'right' to scholarships?

(Am all for equanimity, amongst all).

If someone creates a scholarship for people who meet criteria X then yes, they do.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Indeed.

I would add that this is the real toxic masculinity that needs to stop. Not just sports, but the many many demands of men identifying as "women" to usurp and co-opt women's rights, privacy, dignity and safety.

They have a right to the opportunity.

If the scholarship is a scholarship for women's track and field, those girls being edged out of a chance to compete in the meets where the college coaches are, are being robbed of an opportunity to compete for those scholarships by the transgender athletes who arguably may not really qualify for those scholarships regardless of their given chance to compete by the high school association in Connecticut.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Indeed.

If someone creates a scholarship for people who meet criteria X then yes, they do.

Does it not appear that that 'someone', is accepting the new trans-women?
Their scholarship: their choice, no?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Indeed.

That's not what is happening. It's a scholarship for girls. The state is saying transmen are girls. People are welcome to create a scholarship for transathletes.

So to recap, the scholarship was intended for girls by the people who created it, this is not their choice.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Indeed.

They have a right to the opportunity.

If the scholarship is a scholarship for women's track and field, those girls being edged out of a chance to compete in the meets where the college coaches are, are being robbed of an opportunity to compete for those scholarships by the transgender athletes who arguably may not really qualify for those scholarships regardless of their given chance to compete by the high school association in Connecticut.

Are we talking about private school scholarships, and some foundation scholarships?
Are they not allowed to decide to whom they give these scholarships?
Do you think we should tell them who they should give grants to?

Why is a kid that runs fast, more deserving of a scholarship than any normal kid?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Indeed.

That's not what is happening. It's a scholarship for girls. The state is saying transmen are girls. People are welcome to create a scholarship for transathletes.

So to recap, the scholarship was intended for girls by the people who created it, this is not their choice.

So it's their choice, no?
So why not tell them to stop giving scholarship to trans-athletes?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

No, they don't have a choice. It is given based on performance. These girls have had their opportunity to perform and win removed. This is not a decision made by the people granting the scholarship, it is a decision made by the CT politicians, those giving out the scholarships have no say in the matter.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Indeed.

So it's their choice, no?
So why not tell them to stop giving scholarship to trans-athletes?

Even if they choose not to give it to a Transathlete, these girls who can't compete due to transathletes cant get the scholarships, because CT politicians decided men are women.

Let me try to simplify this, I am going to create a similar scenario. This is a created scenario, not the exact truth, but a simplification of what is happening.

The top girl from every school goes to compete for scholarship money. I am the top girl. You are a man, who decide you are a woman. You beat me to become the rep from our school. Even if you do not get a scholarship, you have prevented me from trying to get it.
edit on 25-6-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No, they don't have a choice. It is given based on performance. These girls have had their opportunity to perform and win removed. This is not a decision made by the people granting the scholarship, it is a decision made by the CT politicians, those giving out the scholarships have no say in the matter.

Even if they choose not to give it to a Transathlete, these girls who can't compete due to transathletes cant get the scholarships, because CT politicians decided men are women.

So why not write to the NCAA, and the individual colleges, and ask them to stop giving scholarships to trans-athletes?
Give them a few other budget tips while you're at it.

Why is a kid that runs fast, or is better at shooting a ball, more deserving of a scholarship than any other kid?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hope they win this lawsuit. Money talks, BS walks and going after the dollars is about the only way to end this pandering to the lowest common denominator transsexual BS.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Specifically, these girls/women have the civil right -- as duly passed under Title IX, affirmed by the Supreme Court, and re-affirmed by the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988 -- to the federally funded activities and programs which provide the opportunity for scholarships.

Equanimity? Perhaps you mean equity or equality? Or even egalitarian?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You aren't getting it. That would solve nothing. These girls are still prevented from competing for scholarships because of CT regardless of whether anyone trans gets a scholarship.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Personally, I think all these real ladies should, when it's their turn to race and theirs one of these guys running as well, that they should all just go sit in the bleachers and let this fellow run by His lonesome

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Edumakated
I predict the next sport to go down will be women's beach volleyball. An all transgender squad... although I don't think too many people are going to be wanting to see them in those skimpy outfits.

It's a slippery slope and many more issues that will come to light.
My daughters friend plays college volleyball w/scholarship. When she was little, she was just a frail little girl.
The last time I saw her she was about 6'2 and completely looked like a man. We are talking male facial features.
I seriously wonder if she is taking testosterone in order to compete. Purely gossip and speculation on my part with my daughters friend, but what if female college athletes are doing that? Wouldn't that give them a certain advantage also. Where do we draw the line?

If you still got your pork & beans, you shouldn't be competing as a woman imho.... even then it is still touchy. There are definitely women athletes who are very manly.

The reality is that physically, women simply cannot compete against men. The slowest / weakest man is still usually stronger than the fastest/ strongest woman. This is a biological fact.

Yes.

I was in a mixed company unit in Boot Camp. I was a runner before I went, so I was already kicking all the girls' butts in fitness when boot camp started. So, the RDCs put me in to run against the men when we did races. Even when I raced the shortest, fattest, slowest guy in the unit, I would practically kill myself to keep up but never could- even that guy left me in the dust.

And when we're talking upper body strength? Forget it.

I don't know why women feel threatened or offended by the fact that men are just physically stronger. So what? It's nature. Big deal.

I definitely think that biological males should not be allowed to compete in biological girl/women competitions. And why would they want to? If I were a man and won a girl's race, I would feel like I cheated. I don't care if they FEEL like they are a girl or a woman...life doesn't run on how we FEEL. I don't FEEL like going to work tomorrow but that doesn't mean it's ok if I don't go to work tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Specifically, these girls/women have the civil right -- as duly passed under Title IX, affirmed by the Supreme Court, and re-affirmed by the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988 -- to the federally funded activities and programs which provide the opportunity for scholarships.

Equanimity? Perhaps you mean equity or equality? Or even egalitarian?

Well then why wouldn't the SCOTUS strike down the trans-gen scholarships then?
If it is a right affirmed by the SCOTUS, then there should be no problem, right?
Sounds like case solved, no? We no longer have a reason to complain.

Yeah: seem to have chosen the wrong word there. Thanks for the catch.
Remember the ATS member that had the avatar with 2 images of 3 people standing on boxes. When they all had the same view over the fence, what was that word that was used, again, still in the avatar?
Sorry but my memory is far from perfect.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Well then why wouldn't the SCOTUS strike down the trans-gen scholarships then? If it is a right affirmed by the SCOTUS, then there should be no problem, right? Sounds like case solved, no? We no longer have a reason to complain.

Patience Grasshopper! The wheels of justice grind slowly!!!

I'm only half kidding. The process has begun, but it's (normally) a slow process. Unless the Supreme Court agrees to fast-track the case, it will have to work its way up through the lower courts first.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Sigh...I recall fondly the testing and expulsion of East German athletes. Even the great leftist gay Navratilova was excoriated by her own group for suggesting trans not compete.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You aren't getting it. That would solve nothing. These girls are still prevented from competing for scholarships because of CT regardless of whether anyone trans gets a scholarship.

Just because am not agreeing with you, doesn't mean that am not 'getting it'.
Things change. Always have. Always will.
(Sorry: but what exactly do you mean by "CT"?)

Why is a kid that runs fast, or is better at shooting a ball, more deserving of a scholarship than any other kid?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Because someone decided they wanted to reward a girl for being fast. Most of the time it comes down to money, athletics brings in a lot of money to colleges.

Whether scholarships should exist is a separate topic. They do. And these girls are prevented from competing for them because CT state law said men are women.

CT = Connecticut

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

We're talking about college athletic grants to compete in women's sports.

The girls in question are losing opportunities because college coaches scout the big meets, and the big meets often have qualifying standards. If there are trans athletes monopolizing spots in the big meets where the college coaches are, then these girls are losing opportunities to even be considered for those scholarships because they won't come under the eyes of college coaches.

Not every college accepts trans athletes to compete, in fact, most don't as far as I know. It's a Title IX issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join