It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 high school girls sue over transgender competition costing them races and scholarships

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They lost before they ever filed suit. If you are straight you ain't gonna win a legal battle like this against transgenders. The media/government/court's are all for the gays rights especially if it hurts straight peoples rights.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Don't you think it is time to let them just cry all they want.

This is bullying, imo, on a new level of emotional abuse. Why do I say that? Because people have been conditioned for decades now to be all-accepting. And, if they don't accept it, they are made to feel like they have some kind of "ism" or "phobia", when, in fact, they don't. But the fear of being labelled has prevented people from taking action.

I hope these young ladies win this lawsuit. Sometimes you just have to fight back the insanity that is trying to take over.

edit on 25-6-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

This isn't about "gay rights".

(Gay men don't "identify as female", lesbian women don't "identify as male"; bisexual folk etc etc and so on and so forth)

This is about males who identify as "female" competing against natural females in competitive sports.

The former relates to sexuality, the latter refers to gender("identity"). Today's society appears to put them both in the same circle in an odd conflation...
edit on 25-6-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

That's exactly my point. And these girls dont have a chance in court.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

...So, iow, the father considers the debate not worth having ...

I've been seeing some form of this more and more. "Trans rights are not subject to debate." "The science is settled. There is no debate any more." And, of course, the token "Only transphobes and bigots want to debate trans rights."

As the court of public opinion increasingly rules against them, this seems to be their mantra of choice and everyone got their talking points.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The problem is that the idiots in charge of colleges and universities give athletic scholarships so that the alumni will donate more money and wear their college sweatshirts proudly. All they have to do is select actual females and ignore the trans folks because NCAA says "female" [with all the plumbing] to play female sports. Maybe another sacrifice for converting will be competitive sports at the amateur level. It should be.

When the courts get the lawsuits, I think that the ladies will win. This will greatly upset those who think that they are what they want to be and all the brainless twits who support them.

Personally, I identify as a gender reassignment surgeon despite having never attended any sort of medical school. Hop up on my radial arm saw table and I'll fix you up, right away.
edit on 6/25/2019 by pteridine because: correction

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Transgender people need to walk off the edge of the earth and leave common sense and biology alone.

Born a male = Male forever
Born a female = Female forever
Deal with it.

You cannot expect to put a born male who wants to be a woman because he's a mental basket case, and expect a fair field of competition.

I'm tired of this world supporting and tolerating these fiends.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

That's exactly my point. And these girls dont have a chance in court.

If boys filed the lawsuit you would be right.
But girls can win.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

They lost before they ever filed suit. If you are straight you ain't gonna win a legal battle like this against transgenders. The media/government/court's are all for the gays rights especially if it hurts straight peoples rights.

I don't think it's that simple. Original intent of Title IX provisions undoubtedly applies to ONLY the female sex. Gender as it is defined now -- in other words, re-defined -- came long after the Title IX provisions for single-sex sports were established, etc.

I do expect, however, that this will go to the Supreme Court. Neither side will accept a loss. And there are long-established and very specific protections in the law that must be addressed.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If boys filed the lawsuit you would be right.
But girls can win.

This could be interesting to see. The alphabet soup group (I don't know which letters have been added this week) vs Women's Rights.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
Transgender people need to walk off the edge of the earth and leave common sense and biology alone.

Born a male = Male forever
Born a female = Female forever
Deal with it.

You cannot expect to put a born male who wants to be a woman because he's a mental basket case, and expect a fair field of competition.

This right here!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What's next?
"Lousy basketball players lodge federal discrimination complaint, for not getting basketball scholarships"...

For bonus points: Why is the example in the OP discriminatory, and not my example?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

Most of the World doesn't.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Trans women are men.

End of story.

They are men usurping women, their accomplishments, and their very identities.
edit on 25 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

For the left, this is going to be like throwing 10 different types of sharks in the pool with a bag of chum and seeing which ones live lol. Talk about the left eating their own lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Scholarships are about exposure. In order to be offered and generate interest, you need to be running where the college coaches are scouting so you come under their eyeballs. That means going to the biggest meets available which usually have time-based qualifiers.

For example, in Kansas (where I came up), in order to qualify for the state track meet, you need to be top three finish at your regional and then they took a pool of the next certain number of fastest times to round out the field. So you were both running against the competition at your regional and against the clock to make state.

These two transgenders would have blown the curve in their regionals meaning the "bubble" runners would have likely had a leg up in qualifying out of the pool. But that's assuming Connecticut qualifies like Kansas does (or did back in my day).

Additionally, there are some really big meets floating around the country where college and high school can compete at the same event: Drake Relays, KU Relays. Coaches will obviously be at those events both with their own athletes and watching the high school runners who are there to scout. Those events will almost always have distance, height, speed qualifying marks and then take the top of the available qualifying pool to fill their events.

Also, when we talk scholarhsips, it's not just DI schools that offer. DII and even smaller schools will offer to athletes. My sister competed at the local small private college in volleyball. I went DI in track. We both had aid offers to compete.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I said to myself that I weren't going to comment on any more of these 'trans' threads but I have to say that I'm very happy these girls are going to court over this. Hopefully they will win and should win. Trans should not be competing in the girls sports full stop. They should get their own games to participate in but like i said before, only about 5,000 people worldwide will watch and that's not going to bring in any money for the broadcasters!

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
We just have some good minds at this think tank site, we discuss things and can see complications that can arise from actions that some ill thinkers in society forgot to analyze properly then shoved into society.

We get wide swings in society from giving people an extra privilege or recognition and the niceness gets abused. Then it swings the other way and it goes way back and these people wind up with a worse life than they had in the first place.

It is like with gay people, they have the right to choose how they want to live their life, but then a small percentage of them raise a ruckus and demand extra rights and society eventually sets them back into the closet. I have some gay friends that are nice people, I do not want to see them be targeted because a few gay jerks started to get overzealous. Yes, there are gay jerks just like there are straight jerks.

The men that compete against these girls developed as men, Testosterone makes different muscle chemistry than estrogen does. There is an unfair advantage to a transgender athlete competing against girls. Letting that transgender person compete with women is not fair.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So to expand on my post above ...

Here is the issue these girls have.

Let's say you have a state meet running 24 competitors - that's three heats of 8 (8 lanes on the track) to determine the finals. If the state has seven regionals and takes the top 3, you already have 21 competitors determined by final placement over time. Then the state picks the next 3 fastest times in the state that did not finish top 3 at a regional to round out their field.

If you presume that the transgender runners are consistently running far and away faster than anything genuinely female on two legs, then you are more or less going to have those spots automatically taken by non-female contenders over genuinely female competitors like the girls in the lawsuit. If these girls aren't lucky enough to qualify through pool entry, they miss a chance to go to one of the big meets and get under a coach's eye.

You may argue that these girls were already losers, but it sometimes happens that you have an entire regional that drastically underperforms in time what the rest of the state does. Those three competitors would have been beaten by the girl who lost out because she ran against the transgender. And the more you let transgenders in, the worse this problem becomes.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It's interesting you say this because another poster here on ATS has something in his sig along the lines of patriarchy and transgenderism are closely related or something to that effect...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join