It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 high school girls sue over transgender competition costing them races and scholarships

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
THAT WAS FAST!!!!

www.cbsnews.com...

Hartford, Connecticut —Three Connecticut girls who have run high school track have filed a federal discrimination complaint saying a statewide policy on transgender athletes has cost them top finishes in races and possibly college scholarships.

ATS is ahead of the curve. We have had many discussions on this topic. So here it is, and much sooner than I expected. These girls just
woke up and really realized what it means to race against a biologically born male. They will lose every single time.

I'm curious what people think will come next? Will they continue to allow trans-gendered students to beat girls over and over.
Will there be Trans-gendered only races, will they have to race with the group they were biologically born to?

I bet we won't see this topic on The View! Girls vs. Trans-gendered students...

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
THAT WAS FAST!!!!

www.cbsnews.com...

Hartford, Connecticut —Three Connecticut girls who have run high school track have filed a federal discrimination complaint saying a statewide policy on transgender athletes has cost them top finishes in races and possibly college scholarships.

ATS is ahead of the curve. We have had many discussions on this topic. So here it is, and much sooner than I expected. These girls just
woke up and really realized what it means to race against a biologically born male. They will lose every single time.

I'm curious what people think will come next? Will they continue to allow trans-gendered students to beat girls over and over.
Will there be Trans-gendered only races, will they have to race with the group they were biologically born to?

I bet we won't see this topic on The View! Girls vs. Trans-gendered students...

It is ironic because over time all the Title 9 scholarships will be going to males.... instead of women as intended. Talk about progressives shooting themselves in the foot.

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I predict the next sport to go down will be women's beach volleyball. An all transgender squad... although I don't think too many people are going to be wanting to see them in those skimpy outfits.

+48 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Good for them, I hope they win.

Men have all the right in the world to pretend to be a women but they dont have the right to compete in womens sports.
If feminists dont get behind these girls they are bigger hypocrites than I ever imagined.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I saw an interview with one of these girls and her mother last week. I expected we would be seeing a lawsuit filed. The girl truly seemed disappointed about being forced out of scholarship contention.
But we have to wonder, who should be getting a scholarship to a university?
The fastest girls? The fastest boys? The fastest persons?
Or maybe the ones that have better academic transcripts and test results?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I wonder how this is going to play out under Title IX ?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I predict the next sport to go down will be women's beach volleyball. An all transgender squad... although I don't think too many people are going to be wanting to see them in those skimpy outfits.

It's a slippery slope and many more issues that will come to light.
My daughters friend plays college volleyball w/scholarship. When she was little, she was just a frail little girl.
The last time I saw her she was about 6'2 and completely looked like a man. We are talking male facial features.
I seriously wonder if she is taking testosterone in order to compete. Purely gossip and speculation on my part with my daughters friend, but what if female college athletes are doing that? Wouldn't that give them a certain advantage also. Where do we draw the line?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I would think the girls track times would be looked at by college recruiters.
That being said the girls should be winning the trophies in their gender group not getting 3rd.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Testosterone would be cheating but it wouldn't be the same as a born Male in terms of bone and muscle density.

Men are just born to be stronger with better endurance.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It's a slippery slope and many more issues that will come to light.
My daughters friend plays college volleyball w/scholarship. When she was little, she was just a frail little girl.
The last time I saw her she was about 6'2 and completely looked like a man. We are talking male facial features.
I seriously wonder if she is taking testosterone in order to compete. Purely gossip and speculation on my part with my daughters friend, but what if female college athletes are doing that? Wouldn't that give them a certain advantage also. Where do we draw the line?

If you still got your pork & beans, you shouldn't be competing as a woman imho.... even then it is still touchy. There are definitely women athletes who are very manly.

The reality is that physically, women simply cannot compete against men. The slowest / weakest man is still usually stronger than the fastest/ strongest woman. This is a biological fact.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Testosterone would be cheating but it wouldn't be the same as a born Male in terms of bone and muscle density.

Men are just born to be stronger with better endurance.

It's not the same as center of gravity is different and such, but I imagine it would still give you an edge.
It just shows how slippery this stuff is.

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Caster Semenya (was born, lives, and identifies as a woman) is not allowed to race anymore because her natural testosterone levels give her an "unfair" advantage. The Olympic committee made this decision to save the Integrity of the (female) sport.

Meanwhile, actual men are dominating women's sports in high school and university... because transactivism.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

A sandy testicle hanging out of the side of a bikini right next to a sponsors logo sounds like a great advertising opportunity.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Can't do that. Here's how it will play out:

So you're going to ignore the brave trangendered athlete's times in determining college scholarships and admissions???? That's gonna cost ya in court!

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It is most certainly unfair to these young lady's that this has happened and my own opinion is this, if they want equal right's then they should have there own races, transgender male to female and female to male races making two more races as it is accepted by everyone that boy's and girl's have different strength's based upon there biology and that does not change just because a girl say's she is really a boy or a boy say's that he is really a girl they still have the potential advantage's and disadvantaged given to them by there biology and so should not be allowed to compete as it is tantamount to cheating.

It is not discrimination to prevent this from happening as by giving them there own race they can then race alongside people with the same advantage and disadvantage as themselves.

I wish these young lady's luck.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
In my humble opinion, I do believe that it is wholly unfair for males to compete against natural females in competitive sporting competitions.

Extremely unfair. Poor natural females. I feel very sorry for them because this is going to happen more and more. They are going to see more and more males identifying as "female" competing against them in competitive sports.

As an aside, have you ever seen a women's competitive football (soccer) team compete against a competitive team of 15 year old boys? Doesn't end well, I can tell ya...
edit on 25-6-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Common sense and fairness vs. emotional argument....that is it in a nutshell.

One of the transwomen's fathers said this:

Yearwood's father, Rashaan, told the Courant, "As a human being — not as Andraya's father — it's disappointing that, in 2019, we're still debating who gets to participate and who doesn't." He added, "You would hope we'd gotten to a place in 300-plus years as a country that we're not debating who should be included, and who should not be. There is no place for exclusion."

So, iow, the father considers the debate not worth having because his offspring, a biological male, wants to be included...waaaa....doesn't want to be left out....waaa....has no place to compete....waaaa....so he usurps these young ladies' lifelong efforts and training and bullies his way in because our culture has lost all common sense.

Give transpersons their own competition. That is the only common sense solution. I feel sorry for the girls that trained so hard for years then because of this insanity going on in our society right now, they lose their opportunities.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Caster isn't just a typical woman either

www.queerty.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What are the steps to certify one as transgender?

Can you just wake up one morning and switch teams willy nilly?

As it pertains to this subject, I wonder how many males out there would be willing to FAKE transgenderism to secure an easy scholarship? Think of the perks: easily dominate your competitors, crush records, access to women's locker room, scholarship guaranteed, you name it.

Who's going to argue your choice to have choices?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Foundryman
a reply to: Bluntone22
Can't do that. Here's how it will play out:

So you're going to ignore the brave trangendered athlete's times in determining college scholarships and admissions???? That's gonna cost ya in court!

Well you know the next lawsuit will be the transgenders crying foul that they aren't being given womens athlete scholarships.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join