It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July comming up, and of course, FIREWORKS. What is your favorite?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vicious1
The fun stuff 911 killed. Namely "Thunder bombs" a self contained mortar that sent up a green glowing ball and went BOOM bigtime! I miss them.

That's really odd, I need a firearms license to possess an air rifle where I live, but I can still buy those (they're one of my favourites too)

I'm very keen on trying out these daytime fireworks sometime,

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
My favorite fireworks are no fireworks. Not because I personally have an issue with them, but I know and have known many animals and people literally traumatized every forth of July by the loud noises. It's just not worth it.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I used to like bottle rockets and really anything that went boom. I have dogs now though and the noise freaks them out.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I think bottle rockets were the most fun. I may even have some laying around here somewhere.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
One of the benefits of living in the country, where they are legal all year. The neighborhood will be lit up from this Friday through the following weekend.

About to head out to the stands after work. Amazing how expensive they've gotten over the years. All said and done, between myself and a few others who will buy some and bring them out, we'll probably be in for $600-800 in fireworks. Most will be shot off on June 28th and July 4. Some will be held back for just whenever the feeling hits.

Everyone around here knows to drop by their vet and pick up meds for their animals this week. Everyone has dogs, chickens, goats, donkeys, horses, cows, etc.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Check out the Destroyer from TNT. They had a coupon for that one last year, so I paid $70 instead of $250 and it was really awesome.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
In production fireworks my favorite is the willow if that is its name. It reminds me of a weeping willow tree.
This one is actually very stunning around the 15 second mark. The red heart is beautiful as well in production fireworks.
Bottle rockets are definitely the best bang for the buck for public fireworks. Very handy for stray cats and dogs or roosters that have crossed from the other side of the road and not welcome in my yard.

edit on 25-6-2019 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Smoke bombs are my favorite. The bigger (more smoke / longer lasting) the better. Especially the colorful ones.

As for "real" fireworks, I like them all, as long as they're happening within the week surrounding the 4th. We had nearby neighbors who used to think blowing off big mortars from 8p-3a every night for 3 months was a good idea. The cops never seemed to be able to "catch them in the act" until I lit their yard up with spotlights from my roof for a week straight while calling the police everytime they would start up.

I agree that they have their time and place, outside that they can get annoying. They are not legal in MA, but all of our state neighbors have them in some degree. The police are lenient unless big stuff comes flying out of your yard, and then they have to intervene because of the fire danger.
edit on 25-6-2019 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I think bottle rockets were the most fun. I may even have some laying around here somewhere.

Yup, my #2 favorite. There are so many types and kinds now, whistles, booms, trails, colored smoke... They really are a lot of fun and safer near the kids. I say that now, but when I was a kid... it was bottle rocket wars. We were lucky to still have eyes.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

In my opinion, I find that their prices have remained mostly consistent over the years. I think our demand has simply gone up lol!
I like the destroyer too!

Hell for 70 that sucker certainly gives a nice show for a good time. That is double the experience as the corruption. I may actually have to get destroyer as a finisher.
edit on 6-26-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I really enjoy these kinds of fountains/volcanos.
This has been two food fifteen for a couple years, but I could not get them New year's. Had them last Fourth of July, hopefully I can track them down again.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What's more fun than a bottle rocket?

I once packed 14.400 bottle rockets together on a wooden frame with some chicken wire....(sound on)

Peace
edit on 26-6-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Great thread with a lot of good posts. Love those videos. Now I just go out back as we live on the edge of the subdivision and watch the other neighbors. It's a constant show of everything but hard on the animals. In my younger days if it was illegal we tried it and had a lot fun without ever getting hurt. If you want them you can still get them but it comes at the risk of arrest or severe injury or death. They're best left to others. My best,

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
When I was a kid, then living near Cleveland, OH., you could buy a gross (144) of "Silver Tubes" for about $6.00.
They were sold by the farm graneries out near Toledo. The farmers would buy them and scare the crows out of the cornfields by lighting them and tossing them off a tractor as they attended the crop.

Totally illegal today, but are the equivalent of cherry bombs and M-80's , which are all illegal.

The underground fireworks factories make them all now, but beware as you are dealing with a high percentage of bad "chemists", and a quarter-stick can be deadly.

Nothing beats the quality of the originals, but they are the dangerous of the dangerous. Best leave them be.

These were the small box.... (1/2 Gross) Circa 1960's

edit on 27-6-2019 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

Addendum: The most important part of these "firecrackers", is the fuse. The quality fuse that was produced back in the day was the best and had real quality control, because they were legal. Today, so many manufacture their own fuse, and a quick one will claim fingers.
edit on 27-6-2019 by charlyv because: content

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I really enjoy these kinds of fountains/volcanos.
This has been two food fifteen for a couple years, but I could not get them New year's. Had them last Fourth of July, hopefully I can track them down again.

Now, those are nice. They last a long time and seem safe enough.
I do not know if Phantom sells them, but will check. There are others like it, but at the end, some blow up which can be unexpected!
edit on 27-6-2019 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

OMG, silver salutes! You just took me back to Tallahassee when I was a kid. I used to blow those up on the playground when I was six. The older kids always brought them from wherever they got them from, but I always had a lighter they would somehow forget to bring, or lost 😌

top topics

<< 1   >>

join