It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July comming up, and of course, FIREWORKS. What is your favorite?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have a life-long facination with them. They are not only fun and loud, they are patriotic.

I had a thread similar to this 2 years ago. The premise is really "What is your Favorite"?

A lot of technology in personal fireworks this year as referenced to a few years ago.

What are the best you have found? ( Kindly leave the dangerous ones out!)

I will share some of mine as well!

Thanks
edit on 24-6-2019 by charlyv because: content

edit on 24-6-2019 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Seriously I like those little black charcoal things that turn into snakes.

Do they still make them?

You ever light them after dark? The snakes glow.....😊

(post by MisterSpock removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The premise is really "What is your Favorite"?

A nice grassy hill with a large blanket and a family bucket of KFC

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

Seriously I like those little black charcoal things that turn into snakes.

Do they still make them?

You ever light them after dark? The snakes glow.....😊

Sure, you can even get them online! Probably the safest thing you can buy. Light them on a brick because the stain they leave is almost impossible to get rid of.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: charlyv
The premise is really "What is your Favorite"?
A nice grassy hill with a large blanket and a family bucket of KFC

A sparkler or two? Brings back memories...

edit on 24-6-2019 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
ELSEWHERE they drive my dogs crazy and subsequently myself and the wife.

Last time we had fireworks, I burned up the kitchen oven.

But in answer to your question 1) bottle rockets for great displays and 2) roman candles for attack weapons.

ganjoa
edit on 24-6-2019 by ganjoa because: sttttttuttering

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Still my all time small firework favorite.

Throw them on pavement and they fly off at least a 100 feet up. Whistle but no bang.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
In New York there called pineapples, half sticks. Go’s BOOM big time, all sorts of mischief!!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Back in the mid seventies, a friend and I were a little too buzzed and went onto a backroad to watch the fireworks in a field. They were amazing, they blew off right over our heads. Then about a minute later we were both saying ouch ouch. So we stayed right there for the half hour of the fireworks, boy did we have a lot of burn marks on us when we got to town and our clothes were full of little burn holes. Not every firework went right over us and burned us, just half of the bigger ones.

That was one of the most memorable fireworks I ever went to. My friend was called Freddy Bear, he was a pure Alaskan Indian.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Cool! 😜👍

That's the way to do it!

So were you drunk?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih
a reply to: rickymouse

Cool! 😜👍

That's the way to do it!

So were you drunk?

It was the seventies. Need I say more?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The fun stuff 911 killed. Namely "Thunder bombs" a self contained mortar that sent up a green glowing ball and went BOOM bigtime! I miss them.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Smoke bombs are my favorite. The bigger (more smoke / longer lasting) the better. Especially the colorful ones.

As for "real" fireworks, I like them all, as long as they're happening within the week surrounding the 4th. We had nearby neighbors who used to think blowing off big mortars from 8p-3a every night for 3 months was a good idea. The cops never seemed to be able to "catch them in the act" until I lit their yard up with spotlights from my roof for a week straight while calling the police everytime they would start up.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Have anyone seen the laser light shows? So much better than fireworks and no fires.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Have anyone seen the laser light shows? So much better than fireworks and no fires.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

No.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Not yet....Jesus give me time.

(joking) 😉

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I always give myself a minimum $100 budget for fireworks, but depending on my mood I may double it up. It has been up to $500 when I was younger, but my family got bigger and since they are little they like cheaper not as scary and dangerous fireworks anyways. For the last couple years, I buy a BOGO bulk pack of the snap-its they throw on the ground for $40 and I get eighty packs.

These baby cakes are two for $20 this year at Phantom Fireworks, and I personally have not seen that specific burst pattern recently. It will surely entertain the little ones I bet.
TNT fireworks has the 1,000 pc firecrackers rolls for ten dollars each. I am going to get two, one to light as the entire roll, and another to take apart for the older two to light individually. They also like to snap them down the middle. When you light them that way, they just become an instant flare, and their concussive potential is diminished to a much safer level.

I want to look around more before I buy roman candles.

Now one new finisher they have on sale for $139.99 is a helluva show. It is over quick, but damn it is lovely. I think its this one called corruption 2.0, I #ing love it!
Which one do you think is better the first or or the second?

I also digging Missle War, it looks just breathtaking and I may have to get one if the price is right.

I keep it modest since I am not trying to impress some development community trying to outshine the head of the HOA or something.
edit on 6-25-2019 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Roman Candles.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join