It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put everything online... it will be easy they said what can go wrong...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   
So I got selected for an ART position, basically a full time reserve position... civil service Monday through Friday, and military 1 weekend a month 2 weeks a year or when on orders.

They changed the process and made it all online, well my selection got amended, my new boss wants me to get a paid move. Instead of calling me, or someone in my squadron to make certain I knew what was going on they just sent an email 2 weeks ago that never reached me so I finally started making calls and got on the right page.

following the links they provided I am supposed to make decisions on programs I may or may not be qualified for but they give no explanation on what the programs are or how to see if I am qualified.

It would have been so much easier to just fly out there walk around with a folder get the signatures I need talk face to face so I know exactly what is needed... But NOOOOOOOO put it all online save a few dollars.

FFS why is it so hard to practice the KISS method.

ETA: Forgot to mention all the paper work is being done at a third location... so I deal with AFPC who deals with Moody, and hopefully someone remembers to put me in the loop.

*bangs head on desk* Taking a day off work tomorrow to go shake the trees at Tinker and try to figure out how to do this.
edit on 24-6-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oh no, that totally sucks! I agree, so stupid to put everything online. And they sent you a damn email? WTF? I don't trust email as a valid form of communication for important time sensitive matters.

You have my sympathy. I served in the Navy Reserves for 10 years. Crazy things with orders and stuff were pretty much the norm. Hang in there. Put a boot in someone's ass.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Anything to "cut costs" while also removing liabilities... It is pretty darn shameful.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Finally seem to be getting things moving... decided to go old school dig up phone numbers and talk to actual people, and when needed go over their heads to get the ball rolling.

Stupid that I had to spend 2 work days worth of time making phone calls to get information that should have been readily available.

new topics

top topics

join