It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women’s World Cup 2019

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well, here we are again at another world event!

The US are defending their Canadian win. But there are other teams looking strong. Namely, Norge und Netherland. France looks dangerous too.

Watching Brazil vs. France and we are even.

This is good stuff!!!

Anyone else getting hepted up about things??

I know you have feelings about VAR! Hehe...

Viva la France! And, You Ess A!! U S A!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Ah crap!

Germany too!!

My bad!!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Extra time for France and Brazil!

Who will take this match?? And look who waits!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Not a big soccer fan ………….but peeking in every once in a while.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Been watching England and just enjoying it really, not got my hopes up for anything but we are doing good so far, fingers crossed!

I only watch England and USA matches, support England of course, being as I'm English, always had a soft spot for USA though, they're great!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

England is a good side!!

They have been a good side to watch too! The US has its hands full.

Now we face Spain. That is not a walk through. It should be good to watch!!

edit on 23-6-2019 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: Vggtedfbjkoo

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Best teams so far, thought Norway looked good the other night, hopefully they will beat England.

The US obviously look dangerous, but haven't even been seriously tested as of yet.

France didn't look the best tonight, and if US beat Spain tomorrow, looks increasingly like a France/US showdown before the final.

Overall best team imo, the Netherlands, look very strong and can potentially win it

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

.... hopefully they will beat England.

Another one of the 'anyone but England' brigade.
Its become all rather predictable and boring, sorry mate, it just makes you look like a complete knobhead.

For once I was actually cheering on Scotland in a sporting event the other day....they were playing Argentina after all.
Got to say they were unlucky.

I haven't been impressed with the VAR system.
I think there's a lot to iron out before its implemented on a wider scale.

Its been refreshing not seeing players rolling around on the floor after even the slightest of challenges and until today they seemed to accept decisions and just get on with the game.

Can't see past the Yanks at present, but anything can happen.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Another one of the 'anyone but England' brigade. Its become all rather predictable and boring, sorry mate, it just makes you look like a complete knobhead.

I'll assume you're English then

A "knobhead" to me is Jonathon Pearce, his commentary when England are playing is absolutely cringe-worthy.

For once I was actually cheering on Scotland in a sporting event the other day....they were playing Argentina after all. Got to say they were unlucky.

Scotland have been unlucky, but they've also been crap during this tournament, certainly didn't deserve to get through.
edit on -180002019-06-23T17:53:37-05:000000003730201937062019Sun, 23 Jun 2019 17:53:37 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I'll assume you're English then

Of course.
Is that a problem?

A "knobhead" to me is Jonathon Pearce, his commentary when England are playing is absolutely cringe-worthy.

Personally I think most football commentators are knobheads and crap especially when their country of birth are playing.
One of the reasons I tend to watch football with the volume turned down.

Scotland have been unlucky, but they've also been crap during this tournament, certainly didn't deserve to get through

England have hardly been convincing.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Anyone else getting hepted up about things??

Nope.

Although I think it would be nice for the U.S. to lose so some country that actually cares about soccer could win.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Of course. Is that a problem?

You tell me, you're the one dishing out the insults

England have hardly been convincing.

Maybe, but winning games does help

edit on -180002019-06-23T20:42:53-05:000000005330201953062019Sun, 23 Jun 2019 20:42:53 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The US cares about soccer. Maybe not you but we do!

Both men and women’s teams. CONCACAF is proceeding well!

Would Cup deserves its respect!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Ye Gods! It has been epic so far. I was to see US vs Germany in the final. I have dual citizenship, so I could not lose

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I've been pleasantly surprised at the women. Theyre tougher than the men when fouled. A lot less rolling around and acting like they're career is over before bouncing up and running full speed. Men's soccer is a game for the weak. Women's soccer is admirable.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

There are always exceptions.

I still think it would be better for a country that has a higher percentage of population that cares about soccer to win. I will amend my statement to *MOST* people in the United States could care less about soccer.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Our best male athletes play other sports. The little guys play soccer here. Otherwise, we'd dominate soccer. I was embarrassed by our women's celebrations against Thailand. Class less. Like kicking a sleeping vagrant and high fiving your friend because you won a fight.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Starhooker

lol you are admireable haha.

I played three seasons in our local team, state league. We had a couple of friendship game against some boys team, it is not compareable.

If you compare men vs women leagues and if you know a bit about soccer you see that there is a major difference, the womens league is still a bit amateurish, they do not get paid the same and some have to work jobs.

Way less people watch the games and that reflects in the income and professional possibilities like guided training from a professional or better after accident care.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

Our best male athletes play other sports. The little guys play soccer here. Otherwise, we'd dominate soccer. I was embarrassed by our women's celebrations against Thailand. Class less. Like kicking a sleeping vagrant and high fiving your friend because you won a fight.

Very true.

All of the good male athletes play sports like football, basketball or baseball. Only the undersized nerds play soccer in the U.S.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

At the world cup level there are no sleeping vagrants....
And since the tournament judges by goals made. Any team want to score and much as possible.

To let off the gas is a sign of disrespect.
Well according to the thai players anyway.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join